*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* - From Spain to Space Mountain - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah -duh! But she is not listed on FE...

Okay, I recounted. I did miscount the kids because this time I ended up with your count. But I am still getting a total of 40 adults (I'm counting ourselves to make it easier).

I have a couple of questions:

1. Is your Mom included in your stateroom people count? (2A, 2C) If so, I've already included her in the total count!
2. My count for the Candy swap is 18 staterooms, 36 adults, 9 kids, 1 infant.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm getting ready to refresh the list and start again prior to getting my exchange ready.

My head is spinning. :faint:

Candy Swap: I counted 20 cabins, 40 adults, and 10 children

I've got 38 adults and 10 children because I'm not counting my own stateroom and participants...:eek:
I never count myself in anything!
So I DID find a stray stateroom with 2 adults in it to add to my Candy Swap list, and I'm now good to go!!

Thanks so much.....:woohoo:

We're not even telling my MIL that we're going on the cruise. Can't recall if I've ever told the sad tale of MIL and BIL here. I know I've told it on Passporter. Short version: Both of them are nuts, and not in a good way. BIL offered to take in MIL when FIL passed away, b/c she couldn't do anything for herself. Mind you, she's not infirm or incapacitated in any way; FIL just took care of everything so she never learned how to do anything. Dennis and I thought she should move in to a retirement community, where she'd meet some people and learn to take care of things herself. Well, she doesn't want to meet people or take care things herself! I can't even begin to understand this, as my parents - especially my mom - are the exact opposite.

Anyway, now BIL complains b/c he's "stuck" with MIL and can't do anything. News flash - he never did anything before she moved in with him, either. Martyr.

If they knew we were taking this cruise, all we'd here is, "you can go on a two week cruise but you can't come to see us." Hmm, let's see, two week cruise filled with fun, food, adventure, interesting people, FABs and RABs... or driving 14 hours to sit and watch reruns of "Two and a Half Men" and eat chicken soup without any chicken. (I'm not kidding. She takes the chicken out of the soup after making it.) Gee, it's so hard to decide. :rolleyes:

My folks are letting us crash at their house the night before we leave, letting us leave the car there (where my dad and brother will likely give it a tune-up), taking us to the airport, picking us up at PC afterwards, and wishing us a wonderful time. Anyone still wondering why we would rather visit my family?

We're going to tell his other brother (the only mildly annoying one) about the trip - after we swear him to secrecy, and right before we board the plane to Barca.

Thanks everyone for sharing all your stories about your horrible in-laws!! It makes me realize that the little quirks mine have aren't really that bad!

Candy Swap: I counted 20 cabins, 40 adults, and 10 children

Cabin numbers for FE: I'll be updating the Google doc as the GTY cabins are assigned - assuming everyone lets me know when they get theirs. (Though I think I'll hear the screams of joy and relief.) There is some overlap w/ the candy swap, so that should help there, too.

Including mom in FE and Candy Swap: No problem. I'm making some extra FE's anyway (can't. stop. crocheting.) and I've got extra candy, too.

Thanks!!

I'd like a list with DISnames and room numbers. I think we need to leave it up to individuals if they want their real names there or not. Dennis and I are fine with having our real names on the list.

We're fine with it too, Pat & Tom from Indiana room 2079

Two thoughts for the day.

First, I CANNOT print 100+ copies to bring along. I may print a few copies but not one for everyone. If we were only going to Florida, I wouldn't mind printing but the weight to Barcelona is just too expensive to bring that many copies.

Second, I will have the DIS Navigator done before the cruise and it will be available online on the website for people to print themselves. Any changes or corrections after I close the DIS Navigator will have to be posted. I guess we can just use the white board to announce changes or a make a telephone tree once on board. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Phone tree would be great, and printing it myself is great with me. Thanks for putting this all together!

I'm not too sure about something, lots of people seem to be posting that they don't mind their names and cabin number being posted and I have no idea what they're talking about :confused3.

Whatever it is I'm in though :thumbsup2.

Can someone please explain it to me, I've skimmed through the pages but obviously missed it.
THANKS

What people are referring to is a master list of our fellow cruisers either in Google docs or in the DIS Navigator my DH and I are going to make for this cruise. Hope that answers your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter