• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

See what a little Wishin' can do? A very ENGAGING January 2015 trip! *COMPLETED 10/9*

Hi Candace, just caught up and can't wait for more :) Though, a MSU fan? Eww :p U of M all the way.

Your videos of arriving are super cute.

RR sounds like an awesome dinner experience.

Brownie paws need to be served at demand no matter what time of day, if you ask me.

Yak and Yeti QS is difficult to spot. I know Marie and I walked past it on our last trip a couple of timess before finding it.

Ugh people who ruin pictures are the worst.

AKL is beautiful, I need to see it in person sometime.

Christmas decorations at MK are the best, I'm glad they were still up for you.

Your ear picture in front of the Castle is beautiful :)

That is a great feeling, knowing you have the whole day of DISNEY ahead of you! .... but my goodness the crowds! How did you survive! :confused3

Back-to-back rides on BTMRR is a pretty good way to start the day! Seems like you hit a ton of classics that morning which is great. I actually enjoy IASW as well - just so many odd things to see and I feel like a notice something new each trip. Plus my kids love it - I think it is kind of sensory overload for them a bit and that is always fun.

Definitely a fan of CHH - not so much for Peco's Bill (at least when we went nothing had any flavor do it and it was like a mad house trying to find a table - though I do know the place has its fans)

Really nice castle pics throughout but especially this one :goodvibes:
photopass_visiting_magic_kingdom_park_7150186681-jpg.83868

Would you believe I STILL haven't seen the welcome show?! :eek: We're rope drop people, but we've either just missed it or we're already in the park due to a pre-opening ADR. I do plan to see it this time, though (and thanks to the Four Parks, One World CD, I know all the words! :laughing:).

What a wonderful MK morning - I love short waits!

I know many have already said it, but the ear picture in front of the castle is ADORABLE!!! :goodvibes

Ahhh such a wonderful beginning to your MK day! Those days are some of the best in life! Yay for January crowds! And your lunch is making me hungry!
And I CAN"T wait to read more about this day! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

What an absolutely fun TR! I knew right away this was one I would enjoy, and guess what? I was right! :hyper: I can't wait for more!!!

Ah the Welcome Show, one of my favorite things. Seriously, how adorable are those photos with the hats. Babies do make great accessories, awesome observation :thumbsup2. It looks like you got a lot done this morning. Can't wait to see the photopass pictures.

Can't wait to read the rest! Just found your report.. I'm from Michigan too :yo-yo:

I'm looking forward to your next updated... The one where you can drink the champagne!!!

And an amazing Photopass photographer took one of my favorite pictures of the whole trip...

photopass_visiting_magic_kingdom_park_7150186681-jpg.83868
That is a great pic. Disney really is awesome and its moments like this you can remember forever. I can't wait for the rest of the day and the magic you experienced.

I just found your trip report -- always looking for fun people who's antics I can follow!

Also, GO WHITE (though yesterday was very sad... so now GO RED - B10!)

It'll be my third POP stay! I LOVE the resort!!! I'm a huge nostalgia nut! First on property stay for darling fiance and my service dog Disney. They're both excited about Disney!

As far as this back and forth weather, wish it would make up its mind! Please warmth come soon!!!

I LOVE Pop too! I've actually only ever stayed at one other Disney resort which was The Beach Club - and that trip was NOT on my dime :rotfl:!

It's looking like the warmth is finally here to stay ... although you never know with Michigan. Sixties one day and a blizzard the next is not unheard of...:faint:

Ooooh this is the day... this is the day... :hyper:

So love the morning show. I don't always succeed, but I try to see it at least once per trip.

Crowds. :sad2:

Wow, knocking off all the rides. Gotta love January.

Hey, I will give you props for admitting you like IaSM. That's not an easy thing to admit.

Awww , that is a great photo looking at the castle. Precious.

The welcome show...ah. I think I watch it way too much on YouTube. And I definitely don't cry when I do, that would be weird...

IASW...I feel like standing up and saying "Hi, my name is Candace and I ride IASW MULTIPLE times on every trip. AND I like it." ... "Hi Candace..."

We have that photo of us looking at the castle framed in our living room...in a Mickey picture frame of course.

Hi Candace, just caught up and can't wait for more :) Though, a MSU fan? Eww :p U of M all the way.

Your videos of arriving are super cute.

RR sounds like an awesome dinner experience.

Brownie paws need to be served at demand no matter what time of day, if you ask me.

Yak and Yeti QS is difficult to spot. I know Marie and I walked past it on our last trip a couple of timess before finding it.

Ugh people who ruin pictures are the worst.

AKL is beautiful, I need to see it in person sometime.

Christmas decorations at MK are the best, I'm glad they were still up for you.

Your ear picture in front of the Castle is beautiful :)

I know I know...I get the MSU hatred from so many friends and family members all the time:laughing: And they all make fun of me when I continue to root for MSU even though I went to grad school at U of M. My loyalties will always be with the Spartans...but hey, I like Disney so we can still be friends right?:rotfl:

Raglan Road was AWESOME. We'll never miss it! We actually made the guinness reduction they serve with bread at the beginning of the meal for St. Patrick's Day!

That ear picture in front of the castle...we're obsessed with it. It's currently sitting in a Mickey picture frame in our living room for all to see. In case any of our guests didn't know about our obsession with Disney.

That is a great feeling, knowing you have the whole day of DISNEY ahead of you! .... but my goodness the crowds! How did you survive! :confused3

Back-to-back rides on BTMRR is a pretty good way to start the day! Seems like you hit a ton of classics that morning which is great. I actually enjoy IASW as well - just so many odd things to see and I feel like a notice something new each trip. Plus my kids love it - I think it is kind of sensory overload for them a bit and that is always fun.

Definitely a fan of CHH - not so much for Peco's Bill (at least when we went nothing had any flavor do it and it was like a mad house trying to find a table - though I do know the place has its fans)

Really nice castle pics throughout but especially this one :goodvibes:

The crowds :faint: I don't know how we survived but NEVER AGAIN in January...

Fellow IASW lover! Or, maybe not LOVER but not HATER? Haha

I used to only go to Pecos Bill's but after trying CHH...I don't know if there's any going back! Or...can you have two lunches? Nobody judges for that in Disney right? Calories don't count there.

So far so good...building the drama!!!

So glad you're reading along!!!

Ahhhh! I'm so eager to read about IT! :D

:jumping1:! Thank you for reading:goodvibes!!!

I can't wait to read about the rest of your big day!

More is on its way! Thanks so much for reading!!!

Would you believe I STILL haven't seen the welcome show?! :eek: We're rope drop people, but we've either just missed it or we're already in the park due to a pre-opening ADR. I do plan to see it this time, though (and thanks to the Four Parks, One World CD, I know all the words! :laughing:).

What a wonderful MK morning - I love short waits!

I know many have already said it, but the ear picture in front of the castle is ADORABLE!!! :goodvibes

Oh you MUST see the welcome show! Run don't walk to Disney NOW!!! Or, you know, plan a trip and book a flight but...just get there and do it!!!

Short waits...ah. I think we got seriously spoiled this trip. We're considering going back in September and I hear waits are comparable but free dining makes me nervous about crowds. We'll see!!

Ahhh such a wonderful beginning to your MK day! Those days are some of the best in life! Yay for January crowds! And your lunch is making me hungry!
And I CAN"T wait to read more about this day! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

It was honestly such a great morning. Makes me want to be there RIGHT NOW!

What an absolutely fun TR! I knew right away this was one I would enjoy, and guess what? I was right! :hyper: I can't wait for more!!!

AW! That is so so nice to hear:goodvibes! Thank you and thank you for reading along! Hopefully it will continue to be enjoyable for you!

Jumping in! I'm all caught up and can't wait for more!

YAY! Thanks for reading!!! More is on its way!!!

Can't wait to read the rest.

Thanks for reading and more is coming! :)

Ah the Welcome Show, one of my favorite things. Seriously, how adorable are those photos with the hats. Babies do make great accessories, awesome observation :thumbsup2. It looks like you got a lot done this morning. Can't wait to see the photopass pictures.

Isn't the welcome show the best? I'm pretty sure someone must be cutting onions throughout the show though because...:sad:

Photopass pictures are coming!

Can't wait to read the rest! Just found your report.. I'm from Michigan too :yo-yo:

Fellow Michigander! Do you think we're out of the winter woods yet? The weather forecast shows no days under 60 for the next ten days...but you NEVER know here.

I'm looking forward to your next updated... The one where you can drink the champagne!!!

We just might have popped that bottle on this night...:rolleyes1

That is a great pic. Disney really is awesome and its moments like this you can remember forever. I can't wait for the rest of the day and the magic you experienced.

Totally agree. There were so many awesome, memorable moments on this trip. It was exciting because it was our first trip together and we know we have so many more to come!

I just found your trip report -- always looking for fun people who's antics I can follow!

Also, GO WHITE (though yesterday was very sad... so now GO RED - B10!)

GO GREEN!!! That game was highly upsetting. I may or may not have shed a few tears during that loss. Also couldn't believe Kentucky FINALLY LOST!

A Magic Kingdom Afternoon!

As promised...too many Photopass pictures! Because what else do you do when you just bought Mickey ears?! (Okay, Minnie and R2D2 ones).

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7150185224.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7150186680.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7150142936.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7150142938.jpg

Looks like we took off our ears at some point...:confused3 I think it was starting to warm up at this point.

Turns out there weren't as many Photopass pictures as I remembered:confused:...broken promises:flower3:.

After this and wandering the hub a bit, we caught a little bit of Move It Shake It. Joe wasn't as into moving and shaking it as I was...so we moved on pretty quickly. But pics (or a video) or it didn't happen.

To make up for the lack of promised Photopass pictures, it looks like I took quite a few as we wandered the hub area. Can't ever get enough pictures around here!

DSC08681.JPG

I learned something about this particular location later that evening...stay tuned.

DSC08684.JPG

I just love this picture of Joe looking up at the castle. These were the moments I was hoping for when I brought him (began my attempt at brainwashing...wait what?) to Disney!

DSC08686.JPG

DSC08690.JPG

By now it was nearing the time to use our SDMT FP! I was SO excited to finally experience this! Slightly nervous as well as some of the reports were kind of negative (it was too short, seats too small, underwhelming, etc). I was excited to see what I thought for myself!

We got in line at 12:55 and were on less than three minutes later. The SB wait was 70 minutes at this point so I was very excited about this. FP+ for the win! (my apologies to the FP+ haters:flower3:).

Verdict?

We LOVED it!!! I was SO pleasantly surprised. It is a great ride and one we definitely won't be missing on future trips. Next trip I hope to ride more than once/MK day. I was in awe at how SMOOTH it was and just LOVED the effects and animatronics. It was so unique. I declared it one of my new favorite rides!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7150212054.jpg

I loved the Photopass video feature on some of the rides!

After our awesome ride, we headed to one of my favorite attractions in all of Disney World.

DSC08696.JPG

Did I give it away?

There's SO much I love about this show. It just speaks "Disney" to me. The air conditioning doesn't hurt either...

Last edited:
Love the pics!!! I didn't get to ride 7DMT in March because my DD was afraid!! I'm so glad you liked it!!

The (Gladly) Never-Ending Magic Kingdom Afternoon

After our adventures with Donald in Philharmagic, I had a little something in mind I was hoping to accomplish on this trip...

DSC08697.JPG

DSC08699.JPG

LeFou's Brew! Mission accomplished. Though, mission failed when it came to taking a picture of it apparently. I LOVED this drink! I was afraid it'd be too sweet but it was just right. You know how people talk about their sweet tooth? As in singular? I'm pretty sure my teeth are all sweet ones...so take my comment that it wasn't too sweet with a grain of...sugar? I'm hungry.

Okay then!

I was glad we were able to see this space but kind of bummed that Gaston himself wasn't out meeting. I really wanted to have a push-up contest with him.

We had a BTMR FP coming up next and decided ("decided" - HAH. Like I'm spontaneous. It was in my plans...) to take the train over.

DSC08700.JPG

This was a really smart "decision." It was warming up and the breeze felt great. It was also nice to get off our feet for a bit. Also, we were able to take our brew on the train with us despite the multiple announcements that there is no drinking on the train. Active drinking perhaps? Multiple CMs saw us with the drink and no one said anything.

By 2:40 we were done on BTMR. The day felt like it was going by so slowly! I LOVED it.

For those keeping track - and I know ALL of you are... - this was our last FP of the day. Which meant we had our first opportunity to try to get our first 4th FP+...so many firsts...and 4ths...

Though all of the FP+ kiosks are listed on the map, we had a heck of a time finding the one over in Frontierland. It was over by the Diamond Horseshoe and after wandering for far too long, we made it. There were four kiosks and the line moved kind of slowly. It must have felt a low slower than it actually was because my notes say we were done with the entire process in five minutes. I told you - the day was going by SLOWLY!

Once we made it to the machine and the cast member started explaining all the details on how the 4th FP works, what is typically available, etc, I felt like telling her

images.jpg

Doesn't she know I'm on the DISBOARDS? I have EXCEL spreadsheets with this information. SHEESH.

But instead I stood by and nodded politely and thanked her immensely for explaining everything so well.

Almost everything was available besides the obvious two - Mad Tea Party and Magic Carpets of Aladdin.

I kid. I think we all know the two I'm referencing.

We ended up choosing JOTLM because waits were pretty high all day for it and we knew we wanted to ride it. Our FP started in just ten minutes but we had an hour to use it so decided to stay where we were to watch Festival of Fantasy!

We ended up watching it right outside Diamond Horseshoe and got a spot at 2:45, so only 15 minutes prior to the parade's start. And we were right up front. Another point for January. The parade was done by 3:20 in Frontierland for other crazy planners like myself who NEED this information.

This parade was amazing. I had already seen all the pictures I possible could so, while nothing was necessarily a surprise, I was AMAZED by the detail of these floats. I was just in awe. It really is a FANTASTIC parade.

DSC08704.JPG

DSC08707.JPG DSC08710.JPG

DSC08714.JPG IMG_5491.JPG

IMG_5504.JPG

Up next...RINGING in a perfect evening

Last edited:
After this and wandering the hub a bit, we caught a little bit of Move It Shake It. Joe wasn't as into moving and shaking it as I was...so we moved on pretty quickly. But pics (or a video) or it didn't happen.
Can't say I blame him. I know you'll never really see those people again but I am right there with him. LOL... that and I dance like a big goofball.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter