Sea World in San Diego Question

Mrs Grumpy

Always Planning!
We are planning a trip to do the zoo, seaworld and wild animal park in June. Are there lockers to rent at Sea World? If we went on the rides we would like a place to store our cameras. I looked on their website but couldn't find anything about it.

Also, we are not used to large cities. How hard is it to get around. We are flying into San Diego and then renting a car. We are staying at hotel circle. My husband has never seen the ocean so I would like to venture that direction. Are we going to get lost?!?!?! That is my biggest fear.

I think San Diego is pretty easy to get around...but I live here, so I might not be the best judge. :-) Freeways are the best way to get most places, and as long as you avoid rush hour traffic is not bad at all. Honestly, I think the worst part is getting to/from the airport - it's NOT right off a freeway and you have to take surface streets, so it can be a bit confusing to people unfamiliar with it. They do a much better job with signs than they used to, though.

Hotel Circle to Sea World is pretty easy, though - it's only 3-4 miles, mostly freeway, and well-marked.

There's lots of ocean off of San Diego, and some beaches are easier to get to than others. Mission Beach is not too far from Sea World and there's a fair bit of parking there. If you don't mind driving about 20 minutes from Hotel Circle, Coronado Beach is very nice and in a very pretty area. La Jolla Shores is also nice, but a bit harder to navigate to.

Hope that helps! If you have more questions I'd be happy to answer them - and there are some other San Diego residents on these boards, too that I'm sure can give you some hints as well.

I think San Diego is pretty easy to get around. As the previous poster said, you will have to drive mostly freeways. If you don't mind the fast driving, and sometimes traffic of freeways you will be fine.

Hotel Circle is pretty centrally located so it should be fairly quick to get to the places you want to go. The Wild Animal Park is about 40 minutes from Hotel Circle so be prepared for that.

There are lockers at Sea World. I believe they are located near Shamu's Happy Harbor.

I would say the easiest beach to get to from hotel circle is Mission Beach. The parking is better then most beaches, but in the summer you MUST get there before 10:00. The lot fills up really quick. At this beach they have a little boardwalk area called Belmont Park. You can probably google it to get more info.

Well, I hope this helps! Enjoy your trip!

Kim

I think San Diego is pretty easy to get around. As the previous poster said, you will have to drive mostly freeways. If you don't mind the fast driving, and sometimes traffic of freeways you will be fine.

Hotel Circle is pretty centrally located so it should be fairly quick to get to the places you want to go. The Wild Animal Park is about 40 minutes from Hotel Circle so be prepared for that.

There are lockers at Sea World. I believe they are located near Shamu's Happy Harbor.

I would say the easiest beach to get to from hotel circle is Mission Beach. The parking is better then most beaches, but in the summer you MUST get there before 10:00. The lot fills up really quick. At this beach they have a little boardwalk area called Belmont Park. You can probably google it to get more info.

Well, I hope this helps! Enjoy your trip!

Kim

Thanks for the info!!

As far as the beach part I will look up the Mission beach like you suggested. We are not wanting to spend a day there but maybe just drive down in the evening after a day at the parks just so he can see it. Would it be just as hard then to find parking?

If you are going to beach later in the day or the evening then parking shouldn't be a problem. Mission Beach is really easy to get to from Sea World. You are going to have a blast!

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter