SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the motivation as to why they are fixing this now...
While it's fun to think about why, it may not be anything dramatic. It may have always been on the list and they are just getting to it now
The word from an Imagineer friend of mine makes sense. When first rolling out the system, they tried to keep it as simple as possible. Fewer moving parts means fewer possible mistakes. Now that the system is well exercised after three years or so, they have more confidence in going in and adding fine tuning.
We're still waiting today to see what those will mean, of course.

I think that closing this loophole will actually hurt Disneys revenue. How many purchased tickets out there would have remained unused, just sitting there attached to fake people. An unused ticket is money in the bank for Disney. Now those tickets will be transfered and used instead of people buying new tickets. Plus, the people that can afford to have 4 or 5 6 day tickets sitting in fake accounts plus their regular tickets are the exact people that Disney wants in their parks. Lots of disposable income for onsite hotels, meal plans, and Disney Springs.

I am now getting ads from Disneystore for MagicBands on sale. So maybe this was all a big promotion.

Just got an MDE iOS update. Will be interesting to see if new TOS accompany.. or if "change party" is still there.
New release (4.6.3) of MDE just pushed out. Ironic it's today............................. just saying
Change Party is still there after this update and is functioning correctly.

I am linked to my CM friend's MDE and went in through her's to practice booking a Barnstormer FP. Initially, the system wouldn't allow me to Select a Guest Pass. So, I booked for me and CM friend and confirmed. Then, I Changed Party to add in 1 Guest Pass and it allowed the addition. Changed Party to allow the other Guest Passes.

Then, Canceled out Barnstormer FPs. Went back in to book Buzz and the system allowed Selection of all 3 Guest Passes.

The update appears to be tinkering with CMs' booking ability.

They would need to scan to verify you had a hopper but since you were in a park already were they making it an admission? How would they do it if they are sending people off to different parks? (Not saying it couldn't be done but then this thread is in part based on the fact they they had no check anymore for valid admission to use a FP). Or was the hop part already verified when you purchased the express transportation and were they just scanning that you had purchased the transporation? Sooooo many possibilities! :scratchin
Hmmm those are great points! I also utilized EMH with the tour guide (not really valid with express transportation) so they probably had to confirm I was also a valid resort guest.

I guess a test IF the changes take effect would be if a band is scanned at ANY park for entry if it is valid for day of FP+ use in all the parks OR just for FP+ attractions in the park where it was scanned. This could then be tested by traditional hopping and express transportation. So many options and what ifs.

New release (4.6.3) of MDE just pushed out. Ironic it's today............................. just saying

I looked at the iOS updates for 4.6.3.
Android's 4.6.1 is the same update, which took place on May 23rd.

Google Play processes updates within 24 hours. iTunes verification takes up to 14 days.

:)

I'm sure this will happen. And it certainly won't be cheap. I'd guess $199 or $299/day for unlimited FPs. Per person.

I'd pay it. We've done VIP tours during Christmas (about $5K a day) for unlimited FPs plus transportation. For a family of 4, $1200 isn't bad for a day of unlimited FPs.

Front of line access is a limited commodity. It would sell out faster than a BoG adr for 7pm on Christmas Eve.

If they did this, and I don't believe they will, I'm done with Disney.

Decreased revenue from their own tour guides, as well as "pay to play" extra FP+'s that I believe will be coming soon.
Totally agree! Pay to play is on its way. But we try to tour during the lowest crowd levels possible, if we can. But even then, having one or two extra for the headliner attractions would be nice. But I wouldn't pay a lot for them though. But ya, it's coming.

So how many people a day were utilizing this? I've known about it, but never bothered with it on our trips. Will this actually free up that many more fast passes for other rides during the day for guest?

So how many people a day were utilizing this? I've known about it, but never bothered with it on our trips. Will this actually free up that many more fast passes for other rides during the day for guest?

It may substantially reduce the number of fast passes for guests who are not using the Change Party function. Now, instead of people just using SDFP - booking extra FP at the kiosks on the same day they're in the park - they're going to book their extra FP 60 days in advance. In order to comply with Disney's TOS and break no rule, they'll transfer those FP from the "donor" who booked them to the guest in the park. SDFP was more democratic since most people were booking alongside every other guest, day of.

Decreased revenue from their own tour guides, as well as "pay to play" extra FP+'s that I believe will be coming soon.

I've wondered when Disney will roll out some sort of premium Fast Pass. The technology is there and closing loopholes that was allowing a lot of the same guests to gobble up SDFP definitely opens up "room" for more Fast Passes period.

While I don't think they will have "unlimited" Fast Passes (as that could just cause chaos for the entire system and potentially cause long lines for even the Fast Pass lanes) .. but I could see any of the following:

1) Pay $XX for a one (or more) fast passes per day.
(How much would any of us pay for just ONE extra fast pass a day? .. especially at MK?)

2) Pay $XX to just simply convert your three normal fast passes to "use anytime, anywhere" fast passes. (Probably very limited offering)
(Let's be honest .. who wouldn't love the ability to not worry about scheduling your fast passes or worry about Tiering?)

3) As an additional resort stay perk - get 1 extra Fast Pass per day per person (my speculation is they would eliminate EMH (a costly perk to them to staff the parks) and replace it with this -- I argue a 4th Fast Pass would get more people willing to stay in resorts than EMH (that not everyone utilizes)).

I also knew about it, but it never really impacted my trips because it sounds like too much work. However, I am guilty of letting my husband use my MB for RnR. Some days my body can't take it, so I sit it out and he rides twice. I don't see how that impacts whether he rides twice or we both ride once together. We've also let our grandkids use our MB to ride Space Mountain in our place while we rest in the shade.

It may substantially reduce the number of fast passes for guests who are not using the Change Party function. Now, instead of people just using SDFP - booking extra FP at the kiosks on the same day they're in the park - they're going to book their extra FP 60 days in advance. In order to comply with Disney's TOS and break no rule, they'll transfer those FP from the "donor" who booked them to the guest in the park. SDFP was more democratic since most people were booking alongside every other guest, day of.
And wayyy more people are aware of the general universe of this stuff after some more mainstream places have made reference. So whatever survives will have a much bigger potential user base.

The precedent of a paid fastpass has been set since the announcement of MaxPass! Perhaps they are waiting to see what the reaction to that will be, before they move forward with a paid fastpass at Disney World.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter