SBP Escape Wedding with Attic Reception 7/17/2017

Mickey's Grrl

Earning My Ears
Hi, we just sent our planning kit back for our 7/17/2017 escape wedding at sea breeze point.

We will be having Mickey Mouse!!!

We are trying to change the time from afternoon to morning due to the heat! Hopefully this can be done.

If so we plan to change our reception venue from the flying fish to the attic for more of a brunch feel.

We are using McElroy videography and Emily Gilbert photography

We have been together for 12 years and have a 10 year old daughter so we are planning a fireworks dessert cruise with just her in the evening.

Some things we are not clear on...

1. transportation...we are staying at the boardwalk so do we need transportation?

2. since we are using outside photography, how can our included photo be used...for a family shoot? if so, where?

3. can i provide my own ceremony decor, or do i need to choose the SBP package, because i didn't like it, and would sooner just go without decor.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1) You don't need to use transportation. We used the included limo to take us to our departure day breakfast at Chef Mickey's and then to the airport at the end of our honeymoon two weeks later.

2) We used the included photography for a resort shoot at the Polynesian - you can pick any resort. I'm not 100% sure if you can make it a family shoot but it never hurts to ask. They told us it had to be used within a couple days of the wedding but when I called DFAP to set it up they were totally fine with us doing it on the last full day of our trip over two weeks after the wedding (when we were conveniently staying at the Poly so we didn't need to get ourselves over to the Poly in our cute clothes)

3) I think you can provide some of your own decor but there may be some restrictions. I didn't add any decor aside from some swags on the chairs along the aisle in our wedding colours. @lurkyloo would know more about the restrictions at SBP for decor. Your planner should be able to help too.

Disney must provide all decor items at outside venues. But you don't have to buy any of the decor packages with Escape. You can purchase individual decor items (just swagging, rental of altar decor, just something to hang on the last two chairs, etc.) or leave it as-is.

You ARE allowed to provide your own personal floral—so bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, and the like. You can also bring your own sand ceremony, unity candle, wine box ceremony, guest book, and other accessories. It's just the big things that require hanging and staging that you have to get through Disney.

3) I think you can provide some of your own decor but there may be some restrictions. I didn't add any decor aside from some swags on the chairs along the aisle in our wedding colours. [USER=124287 said:
@lurkyloo[/USER] would know more about the restrictions at SBP for decor. Your planner should be able to help too.

I saw thes3 fake red rose mickey mouse shaped flower balls that can rest atop at candlestick holder... I was thinking 1 for each table in the attic as a centerpiece...but this is not a big deal if not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter