Saving money for WDW but different from change jar

luvaladdin

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you
I know a lot of you save up money for your trip by having a change jar, and I have done that in the past also. I also had a hard time not dipping into it, knowing that it was in my closet. So I started an online account and have $20 taken out of my checking account every week and deposited in my account. It is an automatic thing that is set up until I change it. The account it goes into does not have an easy way to access the money, which is good. I have to call them and ask for the money to be withdrawn, which takes 2 or 3 days. Just a thought for an alternative or additional way of saving money for your trip.

Thanks for the tip. Can it also hide that money going into the separate account from a spouse?? (HA!).

I decided to skip the change. I really don't get to use much cash. Most everything is done with checks and debit cards. Therefore I started adding 2 dollars to every debit out of my account. I will also round up every .50 cents and I am rounding up to 20.00 for every purchase under 20.00. Example if I spend 11.38 cents then I put 20.00 in the register. Just started last week. Will know total by the 9th when my statement comes out. Just an idea.:)

I had a very wise lady tell me once, "Pay yourself first". I try to take her advice each week on payday. I have a seperate account set up as a Christmas Club, but it really is my vacation club. Any extra money, change, rebate checks, etc. goes into this account. I have $20 per week from my pay go into the account, and I usually deposit an additional $20 from hubby's pay into the account. It has grown to a very tidy sum. Don't know if I will be using it for Disney this year, but the money is there and just waiting to be withdrawn for vacation.

Whenever I get a mileage check from work, I cash it and request big bills (usually $50's) - then I put them in my vacation "funny money" envelope. I know I would never break a $50 - so it is safe until our trip!

These are great ideas. I usually put away all extra $1 bills and $5 bills. It really adds up weekly and within six months I have a good amount of spending money and money for special dinners.

I do Disney Dollars to save up money. I tried tucking away "real" money, but when the cable bill came or I needed a couple of groceries I found myself digging into my vacation fund. I now go to TDS every pay day on my lunch hour (so I don't have too much time to linger and SPEND money while I am trying to SAVE money!) and buy at least 20 Disney Dollars. When someone asks me what I want for Christmas, birthday, anniversary, I always say Disney Dollars! The cable company and grocery store don't take the "funny money" so it adds up quickly! I use Disney Dollars for all my meal and snack purchases as well as all souvenirs.

I do save change, also. I use my change to develop my film when I get back from my trip! Any change left over buys more film!

Not very original ideas, but they work for me! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter