• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Saratoga Springs

Joe921

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any pics of this resort? Lobby? Food court? Gift Shop? Rooms? ETC would love to see them if u have them.

Thanks

I agree,would also Love to them:thumbsup2We will be there the 24 th of October. The curiosity is killing me and I am starting to worry that it is not going to be as fun a BCV.

i took quite a lot of the resort so instead of posting them all individually, you can find them here:
http://s933.photobucket.com/albums/ad179/karenangelatan/saratoga springs/

we stayed in a studio in the carousel section from the 12th to 20th september, then a studio in congress park on the 27th. we had a great time, and we loved this resort much more than i expected to!

:banana:Those are great!!! I am now feeling a lot better. I have heard that The Congress Park section is close to the walking paths and boat launch to Downtown Disney (Raglan Road, love to go over to the pub w / hubby:drinking1). How long about is the walk ?

the walk from congress park is about 5 mins. the walk from carousel is about 15-20.
the boat launch is further back towards the springs area and the main buildings. if you're staying in congress park it'll probably be quicker and easier to walk to DTD than walk to the boat dock then wait for the boat?

btw its a really nice walk, its lovely walking past the lake and its well lit, and lets face it you cant really get lost as you can see DTD from anywhere along the path!!

That is quite good to know,as my directional skills are lacking.HAHAHA.I am going to ask reception for the Congress park area , the kiddies will be with us and they are now to big to carry (niece an nephew). I will however enjoy a brisk morning run around the lake.I love your dog, Belgium Shep.,we have a clan of Rottweilers that think they are Toy Poodles.

i've got a 40kg german shepherd that thinks he's a cat, he loves sitting on your knee. we dont love it so much.......

i've got a 40kg german shepherd that thinks he's a cat, he loves sitting on your knee. we dont love it so much.......

Same problem here, one of mine Rudy seems to favor himself in the same light.He goes as far as trying to slink around your legs, which of course cause me to fall over. They go mad when when we get out our baggage for holiday , therefore we have to hide it so as it will not be used as a hyderant or such. They do love the tous and thing s we bring them home.

We just returned from SSR last week. We were also in the Carousel and we were in the very last room on the 4th floor. The resort is very nice and everything is clean. We felt like it was a pretty good walk from our room to the ammenities (pool, gift shop, check-in desk (which I had to go to twice cause our power went out twice) and restaurant. We had to get in our car and drive up there. We walked it one day and it was futher than we thought it was gonna be. After walking all day in the parks I don't know why we even thought to do this. I would request a different building if I were to stay there again. The Springs is very close and Congress Park is also. I am not sure about any others. I did really like the resort though just not our location. It's very nice and quiet!

We just returned from SSR last week. We were also in the Carousel and we were in the very last room on the 4th floor. The resort is very nice and everything is clean. We felt like it was a pretty good walk from our room to the ammenities (pool, gift shop, check-in desk (which I had to go to twice cause our power went out twice) and restaurant. We had to get in our car and drive up there. We walked it one day and it was futher than we thought it was gonna be. After walking all day in the parks I don't know why we even thought to do this. I would request a different building if I were to stay there again. The Springs is very close and Congress Park is also. I am not sure about any others. I did really like the resort though just not our location. It's very nice and quiet!

What are your thoughts on the pool , dining (aside from DTD). My niecesprincess::bride:pirate: and nephew are coming and they seem to fancy themselves as Guppies. We of course will be in the parks quite frequently :yay::woohoo:, but cold/warm they will want a pool day. Hubby and brother in law will want to catch a bit of the games and few :drinking1drinks, are there televisions at the pool bar?

What are your thoughts on the pool , dining (aside from DTD). My niecesprincess::bride:pirate: and nephew are coming and they seem to fancy themselves as Guppies. We of course will be in the parks quite frequently :yay::woohoo:, but cold/warm they will want a pool day. Hubby and brother in law will want to catch a bit of the games and few :drinking1drinks, are there televisions at the pool bar?

We went to the pool at night and even though it was opened the water slides were not (I think they may close at 8:00-not 100% sure though). My son swam for maybe like 20 minutes and was like I am done this is boring-he wanted the water slide. With that being said my Daddy has a pool so just to swim around is not a big deal to him he really wanted the slide. I am not sure about the pool bar it wasn't opened when we were up there but we were only up there at night after 8. They do show movies poolside (Disney of course) but that was kinda neat. Also the pool I think is heated so even if it is a little chilly they should be fine in the water. The dining is actually pretty good. We enjoyed it for lunch one day and breakfast. Actually pretty good we thought. Hope you have a good time! Just a quick side note we didn't have very good luck with our buses. We waited an average of 30 minutes each trip hopefully you won't have this problem.

we had totally the opposite experience with the buses, i was a bit worried before we left as this was our first time without a car, and didnt have one issue at all with the buses, they were great for us.

So what area of the resort would be the best to stay with a disabled person in an ECV? I'll need to call DVC back to put the request in, but we've never stayed at SSR:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter