Saratoga Springs - Best location & Advice?!?

Polynesian27

Mouseketeer
Hi All, my wife and I, plus our two boys (4 & 2), are seriously considering renting points at Saratoga Springs for a last minute trip. This has never been a resort that I thought I would stay out because it is sort of out of the way, however this is the only resort with availability for our stay in a few weeks. Can anyone tell me about their experience here with little ones? Is the bus transportation ok? Also, what areas are the best to stay to be close to the action, both our kits love swimming! How are the pools? Thanks so very much, hopefully you guys can set my mind at ease lol!

There are multiple bus stops, so it is very like your average Moderate resort in that sense. An important consideration to note about a Saratoga Springs studio is that it is a queen bed + sofa bed setup.

There are two "feature" pools at Saratoga: The High Rock Spring pool is in the central area, and includes a children's water play area that is good for kids those ages. The Paddock pool is in the Paddock area of the east side of the resort, and has junior waterslides. Other sections have "quiet" pools.

Most people request either the Grandstand area or The Springs for proximity to the central area. Congress Park is popular for proximity to Disney Springs. You might also consider the Paddock if being near all the central area isn't a primary concern, but you want to be near a feature pool.

Each of the feature pools (in Springs and Paddock sections) includes a zero entry area, which is wonderful with the ages of your children.

The order of the bus stops is: Grandstand > Carousel > Paddock > Congress Park > Springs. If you care to get seats for the ride in to the parks early in the day, you may want to request a room near one of the first 2 or 3 bus stops. Note that the buildings closest to the Paddock pool are also close the walkbridge over the pond to the Springs pool and Artist Palette (counter service food). So this area is pretty convenient. As landscaping has matured, this resort has become quite beautiful. Enjoy!

Grandstands near pool/bus stop was the best spot we've had at SSR so far, first bus stop, a moderately short walk to the boat to the center of Disney Springs, and a slightly shorter than that walk to the main building.

Never had any bus issues being at this stop which cannot be said for other stops at this resort, Congress Park bus transportation was atrocious when we went a few years ago, changing to grandstands and some improvements to disney transportation over the years have greatly improved this. The ONLY saving grace of Congress Park was the short walk to the marketplace side of Disney which also facilitated resort to resort transportation for Dinner reservations without a taxi/black car.

I would imagine the Springs is even worse off in regards to bus transportation as it's after Congress Park. However if you really spend a lot of time at the pool and are (far) more patient than I with regards to Disney Transportation's foibles than the Springs might be a good choice. The Grandstands pool is also pretty nice, not as good or as big as the main pool the main pool but it's still got its own bar/food.

I think Grandstands near pool/bus stop is a solid compromise for bus transportation, pool usage (closer access to both larger pools), closeness to the lobby and closeness to the boats for Disney Springs. We found it nice taking the boat as we could pick one morning or evening to do one half of Disney Springs on a morning or evening and save the rest for another day of the trip.

Last time we stayed at SS we stayed in Grandstands. It was great. We had a quiet pool by our room which was nice (bonus there was a bar). It was on the golf course so we could watch some of the golfers tee off while we were sitting on our balcony. We were a close 2 minute walk to the high rock springs pool where all the action was. Bonus it has a water taxi to DS which was nice 15 minute boat ride to all the night life. Great resort.

We stayed in congress last October and thought it was great. Short walk to the paddock pool, never had an issue with seating on the bus, and it's the closet to springs. In fact one of our favorite nights was running to earl of sandwich, eating it at the quiet pool of congress drinking beer. The view across to Disney springs was pretty good too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter