Sacred Valleys - July 12

For the 26th when we're in Lima for the day (also our wedding anniversary), we were planning on letting the kids sleep late then figure out an afternoon sightseeing activity. We're thinking about Huaca Pucllana or Monsterio de San Francisco. We've also heard good things about the double decker bus tours. We didn't think that the ABD guides would be on hand and figured that we'd tap the concierge for advice and options.

DD is very happy that there is at least one other girl her age on the trip! DS and DD love going to the pool, so perhaps there will be an opportunity for that sometime on the 26th -- depending on when we get started for the day and how long we spend exploring Lima.

Is anyone planning on doing a pre-night or post-night for the purpose of doing a trip to Ica, to take a flight over the Nazca Lines? We're thinking about doing a trip to Peru, and our traveling companions are very much interested in doing Nazca, and I wonder how practical that is...

I've seen the Anthony Bourdain Peru episode: entertaining! Also, I downloaded from iTunes the two Samantha Brown episodes on Peru. They're excellent.

I've been listening to McQuarrie's "Last Days of the Incas" in audio book format. Last week I read Ted Lewin's "Lost City: The Discovery of Machu Picchu" picture book to DS and DD. Also, DS is taking a conversational Spanish class.

Hi, all :wave2: So happy for everyone who has an upcoming Peru trip! And soooo jealous! You are going to have the best time.

fwiw, the Samantha Brown MP episode gives a very good idea of what it's like there. We kept it on the dvr and rewatched it a couple of times when we were feeling nostalgic.

Can't wait to hear everyone's reports!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter