Running with the Lemmings September PTR; now with photos!

Sorry about the Dessert Party. It looks like it would be so good. We decided against it since we are already going to be eating so many sweets.

You are right about the 31 days flying by. I am not sure, but I think I was JUST at the 4wk mark. Now I am under 2. I can think of what I have to do each day until we leave now. Since each day is filled, I am sure the next 11 days will go by even faster.

All of that being said, it makes me a bit sad since it signifies that summer is over. We have the school thing going on too. Dd will go back for only 2 days and then she will be out. It won't be long before I can't do this with her. Since she is only in kindergarten this year, I think it will be ok.

Have a great trip! And think about the memories you are making...you can always make up the missed time at school by working together at home, but these memories are something she'll cherish forever!

Yes, one of those people. The people who are changing vacation plans at the last minute and changing ADRs....grrrr! It is actually DH's fault. I know, it seems I blame him for everything (not usually the case) but who decided we needed to go in September once our October ADRs were set? :goofy: And who came up to me and said, "They're adding times for Fantasmic! Plus, MSEP is still going on, and I haven't seen that since I was in college!"?

You guessed it, :goofy: .

But Goofy (AKA DH) is paying for the trip portion - except airfare and incidentals, which DH has reminded me will include at least one T-shirt and one sweat shirt. And as he is reading this over my shoulder, he also wants me to add "adult beverages" to that category. Nice.

Our itinerary is now much more finalized. I mean, after all, how many more times could I change it?

9/21: Arrival - Beach Club.
Dinner @ Beaches and Cream?

9/22: Magic Kingdom
Lunch ADR @ Liberty Tree
Back to resort early afternoon.
Evening at DTD
ADR @ Ragland Road

9/23: Animal Kingdom
Breakfast ADR @ Tusker House
Back to resort mid afternoon
Family Golf Tournament!
Dinner at resort or Boardwalk
Fantasmic walk on at 8 or 9:30

9/24: Blizzard Beach, weather permitting. Epcot if not!
Breakfast ADR @ Cape May
9:20 Photopass Pictures
Off to Blizzard Beach
Back in time to clean up
Kona 5:00 ADR
Wishes and MSEP

9/25: DHS/Typhoon Lagoon? MNSSHP
Lunch at 50's PTC
ADR for dinner at WCC
MNSSHP (we are doing MK enough other times, I'm not worried about being a little late.)

9/26: Epcot
ADR for Lunch at Le Cellier
ADR for Supper at Via Napoli

9/27: Departure Day :(

My To Do list is shrinking. The T-shirts for the family T's are all here, and I will start on those tomorrow (Sweet little niece's 4th birthday is today!) I'll post pictures as I get them done...

Well, I was planning on starting the Official Final Countdown tomorrow, but...our clinic manager and his wife had their Quadruplets!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
Lots of blessings, but busy day tomorrow means I will try to get this countdown started tonight!

First, the numbers!
15 days and counting
4 tiny babies, born at 32 weeks all over 4 pounds!
Plus, my BFF just had 1 baby girl!
Party of 3 for WDW on 9/21
18 Dining Credits, 12 snack credits and 1 resort mug per person
107 patients tomorrow and 1 PT down for 2 more weeks means...

I had better get on the ball!

Well, items are gathering, both in our spare bedroom around the suitcase, and on my To Do list! Our vacation days look like this (subject to change up to and including one minute before scheduled time!)

Tuesday:
7:30am: DS to school, take spelling test and whatever else 2nd graders do before lunch
8am-11am Whistle while I work.
11:30am-ish: BFF (the one who didn't have the baby!) will take DS and I to airport, meeting DH there
12:00pm: DH will let his Sophomore Poli-Sci 2 class out early :ssst:
1:27: Departure for MCO (via Houston)
7:37: Arrival at MCO
9:00-ish: Beach Club!

Now this is where the schedule gets fuzzy, and not the soft touchy-feely kind of fuzzy, but the waking up in a hung-over stupor, where are my dungarees? fuzzy. Notice the first things are pretty well set in stone,but the second items really will just depend on what we're in the mood for...

Wednesday:
Magic Kingdom
Downtown Disney

Thursday:
Animal Kingdom
DHS for Fantasmic

Friday:
Photopass Shoot at BC
Blizzard Beach
MK for MSEP and Wishes? Epcot for EMH? The possibilities are endless!

Saturday:
DHS? Typhoon Lagoon?
Definitely MNSSHP at night!

Sunday:
Epcot

Monday:
leave for airport at 9am. Mope around a lot before we leave.

ADRs
We have 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. Will we use them? Probably not, but it will be fun to try! Fun in a "Pass the Tums, please," sort of way!

Tuesday (Late arrival)
None, but maybe B&C?

Wednesday (MK day)
Breakfast: Crystal Palace (8:20)
Lunch: Liberty Tree Tavern (11:45)
Dinner: The Plaza (5:30)
or Raglan Road, walk up (there are still spots open on the Disney Website. Hey! Don't go take them all!)

Thursday (AK day)
Breakfast: Tusker House (8:15)
Lunch: none, CS at Flame Tree or Pizzafari?
Dinner: none, Beaches and Cream or Boardwalk?

Friday (Blizzard Beach Day)
Breakfast: Cape May (7:55)
Lunch: none, CS at BB?
Dinner: Kona Cafe (5:10pm)

Saturday (MNSSHP day)
Breakfast, none (resort or DHS at Starring Rolls? BW Bakery?)
Lunch: 50's Prime Time Cafe (12:45)
Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe (6:00)

Sunday (Epcot Day)
Breakfast: none (resort, Epcot, Sunshine Seasons?)
Lunch: Le Cellier (12:00)
Dinner: Via Napoli (7:00)

Monday (Departure Day)
Breakfast at BW bakery, resort?

Accomplished this week:
1. Winterized trailer
2. Made DS locker countdown calendar (Magnetic Mickey heads with the # of days until we go...I amaze myself with my creativity. I know, I know, it's just me. I'm the only one amazed, huh?)
3. Laundry (this is a MAJOR accomplishment. Don't judge me! ;) )
4. MNSSHP costume for DS done!

To do:
1. Make T-shirts for MNSSHP for DH and me
2. Heavy house cleaning!
3. Make departure day T's
4. Schedule hair cut for before I leave!
5. Visit BFF and Baby Girl!
6. Finalize House-sitting!
7. Buy charger for cell phone and camera battery (the last "big ticket" items! woo hoo!)

So there we go...will we stick to the plan? Ha!Will I get anything accomplished this week?Hey! I did Laundry, what else do you want?When will we play our family golf tournament? Thursday night!Stay tuned...or just catch up later.

We will be in DTD, hopefully at the Lego store or some other store we have never gotten around to. We will start making our way to Raglan Road for our ADR, and DH and I will have a Smithwick's, remembering our Honeymoon in Ireland. Who knows what DS will be doing. Probably making "bleh" sounds when we kiss! :laughing:

So today I made all of our matching shirts except for the MNSSHP shirts I am going to screen for DH and me. I will try to post pics of these soon!

I am also going to try posting a link to practice for a possible trip report...

So this update is mostly due to this Inspiration Thread I found last week. It got me thinking about all of the "Must Do" things at Disney World, which in turn got me thinking about things we have never done. So here is a list of my families "must do" activities!

DH's list is short. He would be happy if we spent all day at the BC and left only to see Illuminations and MSEP!

• MSEP
  • See more of World Showcase
  • See the movies in Canada, China, France and America

DS's list is a little longer, and I think we have made time for all of it!

• Meet Pluto (I hope DS will let me take a pic!)
  • Cape May for Breakfast
  • Kim Possible Mission (maybe this will allow us to see more of WS!)
  • See Lights, Motor, Action at DHS
  • Ride the Kali River Rapids more than once (last year we only rode it once)

My list is the longest, but it includes family activities, so that makes it okay, right? :laughing: I also noticed it includes lots of food! Hmmm...:rolleyes:

• See Fantasmic
  • Use Photopass a LOT
  • Have my first Dole Whip
  • Try a Margarita in Mexico (WS)
  • Try a Grand Marnier slushie
  • See Festival of the Lion King at AK
  • Visit Goofy's Candy Co. at DTD
  • Go to Sum of All Thrills
  • Try Pick a Pearl
  • See the Jammin' Jungle parade at AK
  • Have my pic made with Woody

So that's it, our must do's! Most of mine are things we have never done. Hope to have an update with pics of traveling shirts tomorrow!

Four days left! Hard to believe, but true. MNSSHP shirts are completed, as well as our traveling day shirts! And, shock of shocks, DH wants a traveling day shirt! Grrrr. I'll just do that in my spare time - no problem!

I have got house/kitty/Mr. Frog and Mr. Toad's sitter squared away! My BFF's very responsible 14 year old daughter will stop by daily to check on things, and feed all critters except Mr. Frog and Mr. Toad. BFF's son and DS's friend will do that (it's only one time!)

Packing and Bank remain on the list, as well as a haircut! I'm so irritated at the Salon at Ulta! This is the second time I have made an appointment, only to arrive and be told I was not on the schedule, but it would be "just a few minutes." 30 minutes pass, and I am out of there, swearing to never return again. There is a reason I make an appointment! Next time I am calling back 30 minutes after I make the appointment to confirm! Sometimes I think some former student of DH must work there and take me off of the books. Hmmm, maybe if I start scheduling under my maiden name...

I do have to get a camera battery, which I am putting off, because I think it is expensive.

Busy weekend! Soccer, basketball practice and TTU football (Go Raiders!) Then Sunday, church, light cleaning and packing!!! Woohoo! :dance3:

3 days left!

I am starting to gather for packing, and that includes ironing! Here are the things I have made with LOTS of help from the Creative DISigns board!

IMG_0193.jpg

My shirt for MNSSHP! DH's is exactly the same. Marion (Rustmanfan) told me where to find clipart, and I used my Yudu to screen it onto my shirts, as well as some canvas bags for Trick-or-Treat!
Cost: $1.99 per shirt and $1 per bag. I already had the screen and ink, but I am guessing factoring those in, about $3 to $4 per item!
IMG_0192.jpg

DS's Halloween shirt ($4 plus 5 felt sheets on clearance at .29 cents ea. So $5.50 for the shirt, $1 clearance for the Giraffe hat and $2 for the tail equals one very portable and reusable costume!

IMG_0190.jpg

Traveling day shirts. Phineas and Ferb (I think from milliepie) on the front and "We're going to Disney World" on the back (from Shadowryter) Dh and DS's are grey, mine is blue $2.50 per shirt from Michael's

IMG_0189.jpg

It was hard to just pick 2 DISigns, but I went with Pluto (Rustmanfan) and the pool one, but can't remember which disigner right now. He will wear the white one to BB and the red one to MK! Again, $2.50 ea. at Michael's

There they are! I loved making these!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter