Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Thanks for this. I am hoping for the best, but I'm preparing for the worst. It is beginning to look like the problems will spill into July. In fact, it already has since we continue to plan with with no updated park hours, or official announcements on summer events. Putting the RoL debacle aside, it does seem inconceivable that everything else is still up in the air. My biggest concern, since it seems to be a trend at the moment, is switching EMH days at the last minute; this can really mess with ADR's, and FP+already in place.
I sent an email and received a call back. The man, whose name I have forgotten, was very nice and apologetic but there really wasn't much he could do. He basically said since they messed up with a published date for ROL, they won't be doing that again. They are going to wait until they are sure before publishing any opening dates for anything. And as far as switching EMH, he just said they try not to do it often because they do realize it messes up people's plans but it does happen. He didn't really say why...

:sad1: :sad2: Well, back to the drawing board I guess. Maybe I'll keep it as an option but watch for reports closer to our visit to see if you just went on an off night or if they've seen a true decline. I know things are a little off at WL with all the construction. :confused3

We've done breakfast and dinner there and LOVED it. This reminds me of how awful our experience was at Ohana this trip. It is usually my absolute favorite meal of the trips but the servers ruined it for us!

I sent an email and received a call back. The man, whose name I have forgotten, was very nice and apologetic but there really wasn't much he could do. He basically said since they messed up with a published date for ROL, they won't be doing that again. They are going to wait until they are sure before publishing any opening dates for anything. And as far as switching EMH, he just said they try not to do it often because they do realize it messes up people's plans but it does happen. He didn't really say why...

I'm happy to hear that you received a call. Even though he didn't have all the answers, at least your voice was heard.

We try to do the same !! I've been shocked over the last few years with what we've seen on the busses --- young , healthy couples sitting down, while elderly, handicapped, and/or pregnant moms ( not to mention people holding infants) standing because people wouldn't give up their seats. Our dd9 is really into glow sticks ( the ones that you can make into jewelry), so we usually carry around a tube of those, and give them to the kids on the bus (with parent /guardian consent) - they usually love them !!

That's so much fun, how sweet of you guys!! Our last trip before this one I was pregnant but not visibly so. I was however, incredibly incredibly sick due to hyperemesis. I asked someone if I could have their seat because I wasn't feeling well due to being pregnant and their response was "you don't look pregnant". A dad with a stroller heard me and let me have his seat. I was so upset!

Has the animal Kingdom special dining place holder disappeared? Can't see it at all but it has been a couple of weeks since I checked.
Really slipping and will be so annoyed if after stalking for so long I do miss it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter