Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Thanks for the reminder, but I know I'll have to switch it...But I'm glad that I already made that ADR to begin with because the family going with us wanted to eat there and I'm sure it will be a much harder ADR to get after they announce all the packages for sure.
Ah..ok. Gotcha. Yes, we are already booked, as well.

Do you think the dining packages will start right away? Our trip isn't until June but I would like to book ASAP, for obvious reasons. I wonder if booking will start as soon as they make the ROL announcement. Ugh, I'm so impatient!
There is a very good chance that this will start right away. Supposedly there is a media event in April which they usually have one on the spring to preview what's coming at WDW. I would also guess that yes booking would start as soon as an announcement happens.

Here is what I've heard. April 18th grand opening for the show. Rivers of light dining packages at Tusker House but possibly expanding to other restaurants as well. You can book a breakfast lunch or dinner to get the option. What surprises me is that they will do three shows in one night but they are expecting large crowds.

We already have a breakfast reservation at Tusker House on the 19th, with 3 shows any idea what time the first show would be? We also have tickets to the 9pm La Nouba the same night of the 19th :( now I wish I had held off on the La Nouba tickets if in fact ROL is opening on the 18th.

My friend is working on this show. I just asked, and she said opening will still be "right before earth day, if everything comes together." She did say there would be previews, but I'm not sure who for. DH will get a preview I'm sure, but I doubt I'll be allowed to tag along, so I'm hoping for a dinner package.
I'm just curious if she can tell you the times of the shows? If the park closes at 6pm will that be the last showing like Fantasmic? Obviously as it gets later in the year the park is open later.
I can book my FP soon and I'd like to keep the times open in case ROL opens up!

I think everyone is getting tired of waiting to see. It wont work on my android

I think everyone is getting tired of waiting to see. It wont work on my android
Yes, it's very annoying that you need to plan and book things in advance and yet they release their information at the last minute. It doesn't show on my iPhone.
I did call, I spoke with a very nice CM who said she's had several calls about this today. All she could say was that "It's in the works" and told me most times guests find out stuff before they do. She did look again while on the phone with me and said, no, still not open but keep checking.

I'm just curious if she can tell you the times of the shows? If the park closes at 6pm will that be the last showing like Fantasmic? Obviously as it gets later in the year the park is open later.
I can book my FP soon and I'd like to keep the times open in case ROL opens up!
My guess is they will extend hours even more once they announce the show.

There is a very good chance that this will start right away. Supposedly there is a media event in April which they usually have one on the spring to preview what's coming at WDW. I would also guess that yes booking would start as soon as an announcement happens.
Our FP booking window opens 4/5. It would be nice if the announcement was made before then, but it doesn't sound like it, if this is when it is announced. Also, any idea if the nighttime safari will be up and running at the same time (as I am thinking of booking this as a FP, though I wonder if that will conflict with booking for the daytime safari or if those will be like 2 separate attractions)?

Those of you that can see it on your Android, how are you getting to it? I pull up Dining on MDE and it gives me a list of restaurants. I can choose a specific restaurant and find times for reservations, but I don't see any option to pull up menus. TIA!

I did call, I spoke with a very nice CM who said she's had several calls about this today. All she could say was that "It's in the works" and told me most times guests find out stuff before they do. She did look again while on the phone with me and said, no, still not open but keep checking.

Well at least the CM didn't completely deny these packages? If she confirmed it's "in the works," hopefully that means they're close to announcing. I really hope so--between this and Club Villain getting extended into April, there are still a lot of ?s in my April plans! I don't think I can take much more waiting :rolleyes1

My FP book date is in 2 weeks. The plan I have now has me trying to get my last FP around 3pm so I think I should be good as far as that goes - meaning it shouldn't interfere. We didn't have any ADRs that day so I guess I just have to keep stalking and see what comes up. Glad I saw this today!

Well at least the CM didn't completely deny these packages? If she confirmed it's "in the works," hopefully that means they're close to announcing. I really hope so--between this and Club Villain getting extended into April, there are still a lot of ?s in my April plans! I don't think I can take much more waiting :rolleyes1
When I called dining I didn't ask for reservations, I asked for special dining - not sure if that made a difference!

My guess is they will extend hours even more once they announce the show.

Yes, it's very annoying that you need to plan and book things in advance and yet they release their information at the last minute. It doesn't show on my iPhone.

I can see it on my Galaxy. They actually cut some hours that week, specifically AKL is closing earlier on Tuesday the 19th. Like you said, @DisneySOS , right after I planned everything out, several schedule changes in the park hours my week (some good, some not so great!) - plus I've been hanging on hoping that ROL starts this week so a fair amount of shuffling! So, I don't currently have a Tusker House ADR - do I make one or just wait, since I'll need to change it anyway?

Those of you that can see it on your Android, how are you getting to it? I pull up Dining on MDE and it gives me a list of restaurants. I can choose a specific restaurant and find times for reservations, but I don't see any option to pull up menus. TIA!
My co-worker went to Dining from the home screen. Then Tusker House, then Menus.

On my Galaxy, I selected Tusker House on the app, and then in the next window I had the option to Find a Table or View Menus, then once selected, it was a dropdown with all of the regular and ROL options...

We are going to AK on April 18th. Booking for a big group - this planning in April is SO hard. I find it odd that Yak and Yeti hasn't had any reservations open for that week - since I started calling on my 180 day mark.... I can't wait to find out if this night show will be happening so I can plan my day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter