Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

hmm checking my Android App and its not there although the app just updated today so maybe that glitch was removed. :( I hit my 60 day mark tonight at midnight so would be nice if it showed for fast pass or on dining res.

hmm checking my Android App and its not there although the app just updated today so maybe that glitch was removed. :( I hit my 60 day mark tonight at midnight so would be nice if it showed for fast pass or on dining res.
I'll have to ask if she updated her app or not....

There is probably going to be an official announcement of opening date before they release these to book. Something this big will have more of a fanfare announcement.

When the announced the official opening of 7DMT it was less than 30 days out, and you could book FP+ starting that night.

I'll have to ask if she updated her app or not....

Mine is showing and is upgraded. The interface changed so it's really obvious when it's upgraded. It looks very different when you click Dining

Really? I can't see it. Do you mind telling me the steps of what you did to access it?

Dining
I'm using a date in June
Click on Tusker House when the choices come up
View Menu

I can see the ROL options in the drop down blue menu at the top of the next screen.

Here is what I've heard. April 18th grand opening for the show. Rivers of light dining packages at Tusker House but possibly expanding to other restaurants as well. You can book a breakfast lunch or dinner to get the option. What surprises me is that they will do three shows in one night but they are expecting large crowds.

All three meals, that is a lot of people ... and it's been discussed it may be offered at the new restaurant and if there why not Yak & Yeti as well?

Given I'm not overly wowed by the amount of seating for this show .... if they add FP+ to all of this .... is the show going to end up shutting out standby?
I would not be surprised if the seating area is dining package/FP+ only. I've had that thought for a while now, and the limited amount of seating they show..I don't see how they can offer dining package spots, FP+ spots, and standby spots in those seating areas.

I would not be surprised if the seating area is dining package/FP+ only. I've had that thought for a while now, and the limited amount of seating they show..I don't see how they can offer dining package spots, FP+ spots, and standby spots in those seating areas.
Maybe it will be like WOC at DCA? Where they do allow some standby in but they have less than prime viewing areas, unless there is room left over in the Dining Package or FP areas. Like SRO at a show I suppose

Dining
I'm using a date in June
Click on Tusker House when the choices come up
View Menu

I can see the ROL options in the drop down blue menu at the top of the next screen.
Thanks. I tried it but it didn't work for me. Maybe I have a newer or older version of the app.

There is probably going to be an official announcement of opening date before they release these to book. Something this big will have more of a fanfare announcement.

When the announced the official opening of 7DMT it was less than 30 days out, and you could book FP+ starting that night.
Oh, I'm sure. I'm really hoping they announce soon, with them blocking the dates for CMs and now this "glitch" showing up. But it is Disney...so who knows.

Maybe it will be like WOC at DCA? Where they do allow some standby in but they have less than prime viewing areas, unless there is room left over in the Dining Package or FP areas. Like SRO at a show I suppose
From what I can tell from pictures, the WOC is much bigger, and people can pick up FPs same day without it impacting their ability to get other FPs (the WOC machines are disconnected from the rest of the system). So while it's not "standby", it is very much same day availability, walk up to the machine any time during the day (before they run out, obviously, but it's not like that happens quickly) and pick up a FP for it. I don't think the experience at AK is going to be anything like that at all.

You will probably still have to change it over to the new package...just like H&V has regular ADR and F! pkg ADR. The F! pkgs book up very quickly so I am worried about missing out on RoL. Just gonna have to stalk....unless Disney makes a timely announcement about all of this.

Thanks for the reminder, but I know I'll have to switch it...But I'm glad that I already made that ADR to begin with because the family going with us wanted to eat there and I'm sure it will be a much harder ADR to get after they announce all the packages for sure.

Here is what I've heard. April 18th grand opening for the show. Rivers of light dining packages at Tusker House but possibly expanding to other restaurants as well. You can book a breakfast lunch or dinner to get the option. What surprises me is that they will do three shows in one night but they are expecting large crowds.
Do you think the dining packages will start right away? Our trip isn't until June but I would like to book ASAP, for obvious reasons. I wonder if booking will start as soon as they make the ROL announcement. Ugh, I'm so impatient!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter