Rumor has it.... discounts through March 7th

Don't have Disney visa but my TA deal tops this. I was able to book a standard POR at a better discount. Doubt that will get released with these offers. Only a UOC might beat it.

I'm a bit disappointed! :( We have gone to Disney for the past two year in mid March, stayed at PO Riverside and the discount has been 20%. Last year we even got an extra day at the parks included in the discount. This year, the discount is 10%! Does anyone think they will come out with a bigger discount at some point, or is this going to be it? Yes, a little discount is better than nothing. :)

Last edited:
I think the discount is kind puny, but some is better than none I suppose. Really wanted to stay at the Poly, can't see putting out the kind of money they are asking. Can't get into a standard room with or without discount at CSR which makes me wonder what kind of crowds are going to be there when we are planning. Oh well, it's booked and I'm excited!!!

I have an exisiting RO reservation beginning March 18 that was booked through Disney Visa.

When I tried to apply the discount over the phone to my existing reservation, the CM told me that my check in date could be no later than March 7.

Was I given correct information?
I don't believe that is correct. The CM I spoke to originally told me that our 3/10 check in date was out of range but then I pushed her to try the room only and it worked. Mousesavers says RO is good through 4/8/17.?. I'd try again. Maybe the resort you have booked isn't included?

Yippee! My TA emailed me to let me know that she was able to apply this offer our two-room, 12-night room-only reservation at POFQ for January 22 through February 3. Granted, it's only a 10% discount on the Sun through Thurs dates. Knowing the POFQ is often excluded from offers, we budgeted for rack rate so we're happy with any type of discount. Other than the $200 per room that we had to pay with the Disney Visa to qualify, the balance of our rooms will be paid via the Disney Vacation Account funded with discount Disney Gift Cards. We've been accumulating the gift cards over the past year and have managed to save 72% on them so I feel like we already got a room discount.

Yippee! My TA emailed me to let me know that she was able to apply this offer our two-room, 12-night room-only reservation at POFQ for January 22 through February 3. Granted, it's only a 10% discount on the Sun through Thurs dates. Knowing the POFQ is often excluded from offers, we budgeted for rack rate so we're happy with any type of discount. Other than the $200 per room that we had to pay with the Disney Visa to qualify, the balance of our rooms will be paid via the Disney Vacation Account funded with discount Disney Gift Cards. We've been accumulating the gift cards over the past year and have managed to save 72% on them so I feel like we already got a room discount.
How/where do you purchase gift cards at a discount?

I don't believe that is correct. The CM I spoke to originally told me that our 3/10 check in date was out of range but then I pushed her to try the room only and it worked. Mousesavers says RO is good through 4/8/17.?. I'd try again. Maybe the resort you have booked isn't included?
Looks like there are two date ranges: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/

One is 1/1/17-3/7/17 and the other is 1/1/17-4/8/17.

How/where do you purchase gift cards at a discount?

The Disney Gift Card Deals thread on the Budget Board is a great resource. Some of the more profitable methods we followed over the past year have dried up but there are still ways to save including credit card rewards, buying at grocery stores that offer fuel discounts, buying from Target with your Red Card to get 5% off, just to name a few.

When I call to apply the discount (when it opens to the general public), can I also apply my parents and ILs discounts ? I have their confirmation #s and we are all linked on MDE. Would be so much easier for me to do it than try to coordinate them lol

I would really love a pm with the names of the agents beating this deal!

You and me both. Although I have a really hard time imagining it being beaten for my family of 6. We are able to fit in 1 CBR standard room (2 adults, 4 kids - 1 child is 2) so the SPD deal saves us a lot, like $1,000.

Here's my breakdown March 1-10 (9 nights) with 8 day park hopper with bonus water park pass at POR standard, DDP, 2 adults, 2 kids (9,7) = $5,062.46 ($3414 without dining)

Disney price
for same package = $6213.37

SPD price (only royal room available so must upgrade room), with 8 day park hopper, and DDP = $5,930.55

Now if I could get a standard at POR I could probably save $100 off TA price, but it seems like they only offered up pool view and up with the release, with only Royal now available.
I could switch to CBR and hope for a standard but right now they only have preferred to the tune of $5,769 preferred.

So if you prefer the higher level rooms and were paying for it anyways SDP could be a good deal. But if your like us and the room is just a place to lay your head after a long park day it's not worth the almost $1k extra. Going to stick with what I have but will check on Monday for any standards being released. A UOC for 30% might come close but then I might have to switch to CBR and for $100-200 more I'd prefer POR.

You and me both. Although I have a really hard time imagining it being beaten for my family of 6. We are able to fit in 1 CBR standard room (2 adults, 4 kids - 1 child is 2) so the SPD deal saves us a lot, like $1,000.
Where are you staying?

So very happy I saw this thread. We are going to WDW March 5 - March 10, and much to my surprise, last night I was able to get a room at BWI at 25% off with my Disney Visa. I had contacted the TA that we have booked with for previous trips, and even though they offered some fantastic rates for our dates, the hotels and the views offered were not our preferred choices. To me, a good deal is only a good deal if its for what you want.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter