DisneyQuest to close July 3rd, 2017

Shh...1st rule: you don't talk about Disney Fight Club.

LOL, I never got how that worked. If you don't tell anybody about Fight Club then how would they know about it? What do you say "Just follow me into this dark dilapidated building where bums probably live."

One things for sure, I definitely wouldn't want to fight Meatloaf.

Last edited:
If NBA wouldnt work there how about an NFL experience. Football, i believe, is bigger then basketball in the Florida area with 3 NFL teams there. Personally I would love it as although I am a UK resident who will only be doing WDW every 1-2 years an NFL experience would be a big draw for me to go to DS whilst on our trips. :D

If NBA wouldnt work there how about an NFL experience. Football, i believe, is bigger then basketball in the Florida area with 3 NFL teams there. Personally I would love it as although I am a UK resident who will only be doing WDW every 1-2 years an NFL experience would be a big draw for me to go to DS whilst on our trips. :D

OR NHL experience

I'd love to see it turned into a theatre, where Disney could host some stage shows.

Oh, I could totally imagine it turning into a home for another Cirque show. Maybe even a Disney-specific-themed one...or maybe an East coast version of one of the Vegas shows. O and Ka are truly spectacular.

To someone who has been to DQ lately:

We visited WDW & Disneyquest in 2007 and my kids, then 14 and 11, loved it! We're planning a another trip in June 2017 (if it's still open at that time) and we wanted to visit DQ again with 5 yr old grandson. My plan was to do the Waterpark & more option which will allow us admission to DQ as well as the waterparks. However, we probably could do without the waterpark option otherwise if DQ is not really worth the visit. I am really adding this option because of the two combined, if that makes sense. They like the waterparks okay but would be just as happy to do another day at one of the other parks.

Since I'm reading how rundown and outdated DQ has become am I wasting my time and money? Thank you for your comments!

To someone who has been to DQ lately:

We visited WDW & Disneyquest in 2007 and my kids, then 14 and 11, loved it! We're planning a another trip in June 2017 (if it's still open at that time) and we wanted to visit DQ again with 5 yr old grandson. My plan was to do the Waterpark & more option which will allow us admission to DQ as well as the waterparks. However, we probably could do without the waterpark option otherwise if DQ is not really worth the visit. I am really adding this option because of the two combined, if that makes sense. They like the waterparks okay but would be just as happy to do another day at one of the other parks.

Since I'm reading how rundown and outdated DQ has become am I wasting my time and money? Thank you for your comments!

You can always add the Water Parks/DQ portion to your ticket when you are there. So, my advice would be to buy tickets w/out it and wait and see what happens between now and then...

Will Disney Quest still be open in June 2017? If so, is it still part of the Water Parks and more option?

Is admission still included in the water park and more option?

I'm going to have to say 99% yes. They added DQ BACK into my annual pass after renewing it without it in May and then when I complained in December about having to pay to get in back in July, they refunded the cost. So, based on that, I believe DQ has been added back in the WP&M option because my pass includes the water parks.

Have they spent any money in DQ for the last 24 months, or is it falling into disrepair (more than it was when the closing rumors started)?

Have they spent any money in DQ for the last 24 months, or is it falling into disrepair (more than it was when the closing rumors started)?

They've removed the create your own record area and have removed the area where you could create your own "doll" (Although I could never figure out how to actually get the thing I created. That was always weird for me) My son says that whole area in that corner is being removed so it seems like DQ might be around for a while and they might start to bring in something new. I think he knew what was going there, but I can't remember now. I will have to ask him.

We went last summer. It definitely felt like it was on a downslide and was not getting much attention. Areas were closed off with nothing there, larger rides weren't all working/running, some arcade games were broken, etc. I really think it's hit the point where they need to either invest more into it or seriously think of shutting it down. It doesn't feel kept up to the standard I expect from Disney.

That said, we still had a lot of fun there. Virtual Space Mountain was still fun (even though only 2 pods were operating), and the Pirates of the Caribbean game was still great. We loved playing both newer and classic arcade games to our hearts' content. We had to leave before we were tired of being there. So, if your family loved it in the past, it's still probably something you'll enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter