Royale Parc Suites ???

princesskenziesmom

Mouseketeer
We are booking our trip for April 2010 for a family of 6 (me, dh, mil, ds & dd 7, and ds 3)

We are looking into staying at the Royale Parc Suites because we need a lot of room to spread out and my son has sensory issues so I thought it would be better to stay off-site. Any recommendations or comments on the Resort is appreciated. Also wanting to know how well the shuttle service to WDW is.

Thanks!

We make reservations for the Parc Suites (formerly Quality Inn and Suites) every year. As our family has grown, so has the room size! We are a family of 5 (ds's 3, 7, 9) and we fit perfectly in a 2 bdrom suite. They are very nice, clean rooms with plenty of space. The bedroom areas are separated too, so if you want to be "away" from the kids, its perfect. The kitchen/living room area is large and well-kept. Its a budget-friendly suite also. Each evening they offer a Manager's Reception at the pool with free drinks, although we have never had time to check that out. The continental breakfast is substantial and a great start to the dy. They had a great deal when we booked a few months back, giving us 15% off. Make sure to get on their mailing list.

The only draw-back is the slightly cold pool. They don't turn on the heater until later November, just after we depart! :confused3
In short, we LOVE this place and have recommended it to many friends. You should be very pleased with this hotel. :thumbsup2
Toni

In short, we LOVE this place and have recommended it to many friends. You should be very pleased with this hotel. :thumbsup2
Toni

I'm glad to see a good review also. We're booked for next month... taking my dad to see a shuttle launch (fingers crossed that it's not delayed!!), and hopefully get in a quick ::MickeyMo visit as well.

We are booking our trip for April 2010 for a family of 6 (me, dh, mil, ds & dd 7, and ds 3)

We are looking into staying at the Royale Parc Suites because we need a lot of room to spread out and my son has sensory issues so I thought it would be better to stay off-site. Any recommendations or comments on the Resort is appreciated. Also wanting to know how well the shuttle service to WDW is.

Thanks!

Our stay at RPS was great! We checked in Nov 14, and we were having so much fun we extended our stay an extra day, for a total of 5 nights in a 2-bdrm king/double suite.

The room was always cleaned well, and looked just like the photos on their website. The beds were super comfy, and there was not a lot of noise. Both bathrooms had really decent water pressure, and REALLY HOT water available almost instantly (so be careful with kids).

We didn't have time to try the pool, but there were several visitors there every day of our stay. The breakfast varied little, but was not bad. Scrambled and boiled eggs, sausage, a variety of danish, oats, cold cereal, english muffins and toast were available every day. The only variation was in the fresh fruit (apples, oranges, bananas) and yogurt offered.

The shuttle service to the parks is limited to 4-5 certain times each day, so check their schedule. You may find that driving yourself is better, because it was a REALLY quick and easy trip there and back.

Just FYI, the hotel is just a block or so from some bungee/ slingshot rides, but they give you a good icon to know how far you are as you approach. It is set back from the road a bit, just behind a 7-11 store. So when initially given a room at the front, we requested a room on the West side (facing Celebration), but none were available there. So we got a room on the South side, which faces a vacant motel... it was very quiet back there.

We will gladly recommend Royale Parc Suites, and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if not staying with the Mouse... especially at the great rates we got for our stay!! Watch their website for internet specials. Just a couple weeks before our trip we were tipped off to to re-book online, for a 30% saving!

Hope you have a great trip!!

I booked on Friday for May - they were having a 25% of New Year's sale. I got the one bedroom suite for less than my 30% off pin code for Pop Century. I'd been looking at their site off and one for a while - it looks so nice for the price.

What items do we need to bring from home as far the "kitchen" area goes? Anything else we should know?

I booked on Friday for May - they were having a 25% of New Year's sale. I got the one bedroom suite for less than my 30% off pin code for Pop Century. I'd been looking at their site off and one for a while - it looks so nice for the price.

What items do we need to bring from home as far the "kitchen" area goes? Anything else we should know?

Our kitchen at RPS was stocked with 4 place settings of dishes, small and medium saucepans, a skillet, flatware, plus some gadgets and dish cloths/towels. We didn't prepare any meals in, but could have. If you find anything missing that you might need, a call to the front desk should have you covered.

We didn't prepare any meals in, but when we had leftovers from meals out, the small fridge had no problem holding what we had. We used the small coffee pot every night to run hot water for cocoa. The coffee bar at breakfast was enough for DH's needs there (plain black coffee, no flavors! :rotfl:), but if you have a favorite blend, definitely pack some.

Enjoy your trip!!

Hey everyone. My family and I are planning a trip to Disney at the end of May. We have been going crazy looking at hotels and thought we found a good one with Royal Parc. I was glad to see the good reviews on here, but when I was reading reviews on other sites they kinda scared me. We use our hotels simply for sleeping and we don't take advantage of many amenities. We just need a clean hotel room. Most of the bad reviews were about the hotel being very dirty and old (falling apart).

It's funny how I can read 25 good reviews, but 1 bad one and I am second guessing myself. Any one who has stayed there: Was it recently? and where were the rooms you stayed in? I am thinking some parts of the hotel might be updated or better taken care of. Thanks!

Hi waltfans5,

We (DH & I plus DDad) were there in Nov '09. Our room was always cleaned well, and we were very comfortable. And the beds were SUPER comfy.

When we first checked in we were given a room along the front, which would look out over a 7-11 at the roadside. I requested one along the W side (which would face toward Celebration), but a King+2Dbl room wasn't available there. The room we took was on the S side, which overlooks a vacant motel... that place really was falling apart. So the view wasn't terrific (from the Dbls room) but it was quiet, and we were glad to move Dad away from possible traffic noise.

So don't panic, it really was a good place. :goodvibes We are keeping RPC as an option for any trip that we are not onsite at WDW!

Hi waltfans5,

We (DH & I plus DDad) were there in Nov '09. Our room was always cleaned well, and we were very comfortable. And the beds were SUPER comfy.

When we first checked in we were given a room along the front, which would look out over a 7-11 at the roadside. I requested one along the W side (which would face toward Celebration), but a King+2Dbl room wasn't available there. The room we took was on the S side, which overlooks a vacant motel... that place really was falling apart. So the view wasn't terrific (from the Dbls room) but it was quiet, and we were glad to move Dad away from possible traffic noise.

So don't panic, it really was a good place. :goodvibes We are keeping RPC as an option for any trip that we are not onsite at WDW!

I don't know why but I thought ALL the rooms faced the pool?:confused3. If I were to stay there should I request a room facing Celebration or the pool?

I don't know why but I thought ALL the rooms faced the pool?:confused3. If I were to stay there should I request a room facing Celebration or the pool?

If I remember correctly from the room layouts, all suites' entrances face the pool. If there are two bedrooms, the "master" window faces the pool, and the second one faces the outside of the building. If there's only one bedroom, its window will face out, opposite the front door.

Hope that makes sense! :hippie:

We had originally booked during their January special, but changed our plans when we found out WWoHP wasn't going to be open when we were there. We're considering it for Dec (if FD doesn't happen onsite). I'm a stickler for preparing, so I've already budgeted for parking if we do stay there.

I was concerned about the negative reviews I read as well, but try to weigh the percentages vs individual reviews. Thanks for your help

Just wanted to report back about our stay in May. We were very satisfied. Was it the Hilton? No. But for the price, I think it was an excellent value.

It was clean. The free breakfast was adequate. I loved having the two rooms, the fridge (WATER!!!) and the coffee maker. We only "cooked" once and that involved the microwave, but we could have used the stove top if we wanted. The "wifi" was not very good, but that really wasn't our focus. It seemed to work best in the early morning. It was a short and easy drive to the parks. We were within walking distance of a 7-11 and had easy access to grocery, drug and souvenir stores. Lots of restaurants in the area as well. The staff was friendly and responsive. We did not use the pool or attend the free happy hour.

Would we stay again? Yes - we already booked for October. F&W, here we come. :woohoo:

Could anyone compare Royale Parc Suites to Comfort Suites Maingate East? I'm booked at CSME for Dec. But I see RPS is now less per night than CSME. Can you compare location and layout of hotel please. Any hidden charges when they give these discounted rates?

Thanks
JoAnn

We ended up changing our reservation to Parke Royale Suites. We spent 5 nights there, just left this morning. For the price, this hotel was great! Rooms were very comfortable and clean. I would stay there again in a heartbeat! Breakfast was good, loved the waffles :) I really enjoy the atrium area which is surrounded by the hotel. Pool area was beautiful and jacuzzi was hot! The managers reception was great. We met lots of new people. My only complaint was the free wifi didn't always work from the room which wasn't such a big deal for us. Anyone who is looking for an affordable place to stay, don't hesitate to stay here.

BTW the rooms do look exactly as shown in the pictures on their website.

Any questions please ask.

JoAnn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter