Royal carriage swap-#1 STROLLER-MISSING-FOUND-MISSING AGAIN

What are the three most important accessories to you, as a swapper?

• Stroller storage bag for stroller's protection

• The Kiddopotamus Sun Shade-extra shade, stroller has a standard shade

• A fan that attaches to the stroller with batteries

• Mommy hook

• Tire Pump and gauge

• Double Rain Cover

• Instruction booklet

• Fix-a-flate for tires

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

parkers*momma

**This spot reserved for something witty that I ma
:cheer2: Welcome to the :cheer2:
:cheer2:ROYAL CARRIAGE DOUBLE STROLLER SWAPS:cheer2:
(While you are here, be sure to check out NELEP'S TIPS in Post 9. She has compiled some awesome tips for our swappers)

STROLLER CONDITIONS UPDATE ON 8/29/09 POST #3579

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE ASKING TO JOIN THE SWAP. THERE IS SOME VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION PERTAINING TO THOSE WANTING TO JOIN. ALL DECISIONS WERE MADE BY OUR MEMBERS.

A stroller swap is a group of DISers who will be staying at WDW and would like to use a stroller without paying $31/day for a WDW stroller. A stroller is purchased and passed from one vacationing DISer to the next on the list. Donating accessories and stroller parts is the only way this swap can survive. We are asking that if you noticed something is missing or damaged that you might consider donating that item and taking it with you to Walt Disney World. This will help keep the swap going for all of the swappers for a long time.

OUR FLEET:
All five strollers consist of the INSTEP SAFARI JOGGING STROLLER:
1d.jpg

As per the website, it can hold a combined weight of 100# --50# per side. The stroller pushes with ease...even on inclines. Some of the strollers have sunshades, rain covers, mommy hooks, tire pumps, etc.. If you would like to donate an item, we will sincerely appreciate the help in maintaining the stroller. If something becomes broken on the stroller, again donating the part to fix it would greatly be appreciated. If a stroller is deemed unsafe, then the stroller can't be used until that part is replaced which means you won't have a stroller while at WDW.

As of 4/21/09, We do ask that you have been a member of DISBOARDS for at least 6 months and have 75 post to plus staying ONSITE to participate in our swap.. Just as you don't know us, we don't know you. Sadly, this decision was made due to the recent issues caused by people joining DISBOARDS just for a "free" stroller. We aren't trying to be unfriendly towards new DIS'ers, we are just looking out for the best welfare of our strollers. After reading and agreeing to the rules and responsibilities below and you would like to still join, Please post in the thread and PM me. I'll need the following information to get you confirmed and in a swap:

1. Your full name at check in AND check-in/check-out date.
2. Your resort
3. Your reservation number
4. Your email address
5. Your phone numbers were you can be reached at Disney World
(PLEASE DON’T POST YOUR PRIVATE INFORMATION IN THE THREAD)

********IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!!********

RULES TO JOINING THE SWAP:

***The day you pick up the stroller if you notice any damage, please immediately call me to let us know. Also, if by some unfortunate occurrence something happens while you have the stroller, please call me a my number is located on each stroller. If no one answers, leave a message on the answering machine. This has to be done as soon as possible, preferably the same day so arrangements can be made for the swappers after you. They too would like to have a nice stroller to use while vacationing at Walt Disney World.

***Please take a few minutes at the end of your stay to wash the padding in the stroller and wipe down the handle, foot rest, ect.. Brush out any crumbs from the seat area. This will be greatly appreciated by the next swapper plus help in the long term care of the stroller.

***No drinking of soda or juice in the strollers. It is ok to give your child a drink of your soda or juice but it isn’t ok to give them the cup/bottle to carry around in the stroller. The base seat can not be removed to be cleaned. If something is spilt in the stroller it will stain the seat or make it sticky for the next swapper.

***No eating items such as chocolate, mickey bars, Dole Whips, etc. in the stroller. Popcorn, crackers, French fries without ketchup are fine. Anything that can be brushed or vacuumed out…nothing that is smeary or sticky. Again these items can stain the seat and leave it in poor condition for the next swapper.

***If using the seatbelts, please don’t over tighten them or allow your child pull on the straps. This causes the backboards to break and make it not only very uncomfortable for your child but might cause the stroller swap to be closed until a new seat is donated.

***Never allow your child to stand up in the stroller this includes when getting in the stroller...little feet stepping on the seat or backboard for just a few seconds to turn around and sit down will cause tears on the seat and stepping on the reclining backrest breaks the boards. Pick up your child and sit them in the stroller. Plus letting a child stand for even a few moments in a stroller could risk your child becoming injured.

***When going over curbs, tilt the stroller back on the rear wheels and place the front wheel on the curb. Once the front wheel is safely on the curb, lift the back of the stroller up and place it on the curb. Ramming/bumping the stroller over a curb damages the wheels and axles.

***When going down a curb, lift the front of the stroller and place it down on the street. Then you can slowly roll the back wheels over the curb. Again, just bouncing the front wheel over the curb damages the axle and the casing that holds the axle.

***Use great care when going down Main Street as the trolley rails are located on the street. If the stroller wheel drops down in the rail it can cause the wheel to be damaged. Please pick the stroller up out of the trolley rails.

***Absolutely NO GUM, GUMMY BEARS, OR TAFFY!

***Check before turning the stroller over or taking it to luggage services that everything is with the stroller, mainly the front cross bar.

YOUR RESPNSIBILITIES:

1. (ALL SWAPPERS)You MUST contact the person before and after you to make arrangements for the swap at least three weeks prior to the swapper before you is leaving. Include your name, cell phone number, place to meet, and any other important information so you can identify each other or where to leave the stroller if you can not do a face to face swap. PLEASE NOTE: IF FOR SOME REASON THE TWO SWAPPERS CAN NOT WORK OUT A PLACE TO MAKE THE EXCHANGE, I WILL HEAR BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY. AT THAT TIME, I WILL MAKE A DECISION. ALL SWAPPERS MUST AGREE TO WORK IT OUT AMONGST THEMSELVES AND IF THEY CAN'T, THEN YOU MUST AGREE TO ABIDE BY MY DECISION. In all honesty, it is just so much nicer and much MUCH easier, if the swappers can work together on the exchange :)

2. (IF YOU ARE LEAVING THE STROLLER IN LUGGAGE SERVICES) Please attach the incoming swappers name, check-in date, and reservation number ON the stroller. Get a Claim ticket....very important....and contact the incoming swapper with the claim ticket information. If you are told they don't give claim tickets, ask to speak to a manager, please get some kind of verification. Transport the stroller to the incoming swappers hotel or return it to the stroller's home base. PLEASE PLEASE do not let WDW transfer it to another resort. If the stroller happens to become missing, it is so much easier for me when trying to locate it. When you transfer it, I only have to go between you and resort of the incoming swapper. Not you, the resort you left it at, bell services, luggage services, the incoming swappers resort, their luggage service, etc.

3. (INCOMING SWAPPER WHEN THE STROLLER IS IN LUGGAGE SERVICES) Be polite, calm, and persistent if they come back empty handed. If all else fails, ask the Cast Member if you can look for it. Most times they will let you accompany them into the luggage area.

4. NEVER LEAVE IT IN YOUR ROOM FOR THEM TO TAKE TO LUGGAGE SERVICES. MOUSEKEEPING DISPOSES EVERYTHING THAT IS LEFT IN THE ROOMS NO MATTER IF IT IS TAGGED FOR ANOTHER SWAPPER. NEVER ASSUME THAT BELLHOPS WILL TAKE IT TO LUGGAGE SERVICES. You are responsible in seeing that it physically arrives to luggage services and getting a claim ticket or any other information you can obtain at luggage services.

5. I insist that if you are pulling out of the swap that you give me at least a 3 week notice. Not right after the guest before you leaves for their vacation. You also agree to notify me if anything happens with the swap, or while you have the stroller. Additionally, you agree to clean (sanitize if necessary) the stroller, before you swap it. You also agree to make every effort to do the swap as arranged. If the stroller is left, unclaimed in storage past the date on the stroller, The RESORTS will consider it unclaimed, and dispose of it as they see fit.

6. Once a month, I will be sending out PMs to see if you still need the strollers and an active member on DISBOARDS. DISBOARDS has this wonderful feature what allows me to know if you have read your PM. If a PM remains UNREAD, you do have a chance of losing your spot. This stroller swap is only available to DEDICATED DISBOARD MEMBERS.

********REMEMBER********
1. Check your dates...if there is an opening in one of the swaps, post your request on the thread and send me a PM. In the PM, please include your dates, name, contact numbers, and which resort you will be staying while at WDW.

2. Make arrangements with the DIS'ers before and after you. Please request their name, cell phone number, arrival or departure date, and where you would like to meet. Each Stroller is based at different value resort, so if a person to person swap isn't possible and it is more than 5 days, be sure to return the stroller to the proper resort so the next person knows where to find it unless other arrangements are made between swappers.

3. If you are removed, the swap closed, a stroller lost, etc. I can't be held responsible nor will refunds be given as the swap has nothing left.

AGAIN TO MAINTAIN THE HIGH QUALITY OF OUR STROLLERS-DONATIONS ARE ACCEPTED!!! ITEMS DONATED SUCH AS ACCESSORIES AND RELACEMENT PARTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED BY ALL YOUR FELLOW SWAPPERS.

I just want to have fun with this and allow people to use a stroller with little expense while we can. PLUS how cool to meet fellow DIS'ers!!! I wish you all great and magical dreams on your WDW vacations.

CLOSED

ROYAL CARRIAGE #1--HOME BASE IS ALL STAR MOVIES
New SEAT and TAPE sent down on 4/22/09

rc1.jpg

Royal Carriage #1
DATES TAKEN:

SEPTEMBER 2009
1-6 photolover (CBR) confirmed
7-12 Disinsept (POP) confirmed
12-18 goff1029(AK Villa) Confirmed
18 Parker's Momma

CLOSED

ROYAL CARRIAGE #2--HOME RESORT IS ALL STAR MUSIC
NEW SEAT AND TAPE SENT DOWN ON 4/22/09

rc2.jpg

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE A PART TO REPAIR
A STROLLER HERE IS THE INFORMATION YOU WILL NEED:

INSTEP phone number: (800) 242-6110
Monday - Friday, 8am to 5pm (Central Standard Time)
INSTEP SAFARI DOUBLE STROLLER WITH A SWIVEL FRONT WHEEL
COLOR BLUE/LIME GREEN
Model number: 11-AR265

AGAIN DONATIONS ARE THE ONLY WAY A SWAP CAN SURVIVE!

ROYAL CARRIAGE #2
DATES TAKEN

PLEASE READ POST #1 COMPLETELY BEFORE REQUESTING A DATE. tHIS STROLLER SWAP IS OVER ON 12/6/09.

SEPTEMBER 2009
1-4 disneynuts777--stroller sitter
5-13 Disneydreams4P&B (AS MUSIC) confirmed
13-19 renae0118 (POP) CONFIRMED
18-23 1luckymonkey (POP) Confirmed (will be getting #3 in #2's place-available on 9/17).
24-26
27-30 Tish_PA (POLY) CONFIRMED

OCTOBER 2009
1-4 Tish_pa (POLY) CONFIRMED
3-10 tinaninea (POP)confirmed
10-17 Bluetickmom (AS MOVIES)Confirmed
18-25 Beavers5 (FW) Confirmed
*~*~*~*(25-30 MousekaMaddi--WILL CONFIRM WHEN I RETURN ON 9/25/09)*~*~*~*
30-31 LauralF22 (AS MUSIC) Confirmed

NOVEMBER 2009
1-7 LAURALF22 (AS MUSIC) CONFIRMED
*~*~*~*(7-14 momto3dizkidz--AS MUSIC--WILL CONFIRM WHEN I RETURN ON 9/25/09)*~*~*~*
14-20 STROLLER SITTER NEEDED
20-28 happygirlagain (AS MOVIES) Confirmed
29-30 timmyj74 (AS MOVIES) confirmed

DECEMBER 2009
1-6 timmyj74 (AS MOVIES) confirmed
CLOSED

CLOSED

ROYAL CARRIAGE #3--HOME RESORT IS ALL STAR SPORTS
rc3.jpg

ROYAL CARRIAGE #3
DATES TAKEN

SEPTEMBER 2009
1-4 disneynuts777--stroller sitter
7-12 disinsept (pop) confirmed
10-17 tinkerbelle21 (POP) confirmed
17 Parkers*Momma (pop) confirmed

CLOSED

CLOSED

ROYAL CARRIAGE #4--HOME RESORT IS POP CENTURY
NEW SEAT SENT DOWN ON 4/23/09

rc4.jpg

September
15 PARKERS*MOMMA (POP)

CLOSED

ROYAL CARRIAGE # 5--HOME BASE IS POP CENTURY
NEW WHEEL AND AXLE SENT DOWN ON 4/18/09

rc1.jpg

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE A PART TO REPAIR
A STROLLER HERE IS THE INFORMATION YOU WILL NEED:

INSTEP phone number: (800) 242-6110
Monday - Friday, 8am to 5pm (Central Standard Time)
INSTEP SUBURBAN SAFARI DOUBLE STROLLER WITH A SWIVEL FRONT WHEEL
COLOR BLUE/GREY
Model number: 11-AR800

AGAIN DONATIONS ARE THE ONLY WAY A SWAP CAN SURVIVE!

Royal Carriage #5
DATES TAKEN

PLEASE READ POST #1 COMPLETELY BEFORE REQUESTING A DATE. THIS STROLLER SWAP IS OVER ON 12/11/09.

SEPTEMBER 2009
1-4 disneynuts777--stroller sitter (sending #5 to me at POP and putting #4 in this swap)
5-11 starrynyt (POP) confirmed
12-19 Jazzi2259 (POP) confirmed
19 PARKERS*MOMMA (POP)
19-26 lfwhipp (POP) Confirmed
23-25 bellem04 using tinkebelle stroller
25-10/3 bellem04 (AS MOVIES) Confirmed
30 MaMaSiBs (KW) confirmed CHECK YOUR PMs

OCTOBER 2009
1-7 MaMaSiBs (KW) confirmed CHECK YOUR PMs
12-19 Deva (BCV) Confirmed
*~*~*~*(20-26 lisa-upnorth --WILL CONFIRM WHEN I RETURN ON 9/25/09)*~*~*~*
26-31 STROLLER SITTER NEEDED

NOVEMBER 2009
1-7 STROLLER SITTER NEEDED
*~*~*~*(7-14 disneycountrygirl--WILL CONFIRM WHEN I RETURN ON 9/25/09)*~*~*~*
14-18 Marshay (bay Lake towers) Confirmed
18-25 STROLLER SITTER NEEDED
25-30 andijean (bay Lake towers) Confirmed

DECEMBER 2009
1-2 andijean (bay Lake towers)Confirmed
4-11 mwatson011 (CBR) confirmed
CLOSED

Hi. You have my dates correctly.

I was just about to pm the original leaders to see if I could take over a swap to help out. If you still want to, let me know. I'd be happy to.

I still have the rules saved if you still need them.

Might I suggest people putting the swap # they are in, in the title above to help you guys out when posting. Like I did above.

NELEP'S TIPS

One of the wonderful swappers compiled a list of things that have been very helpful with the swap and DIS'ers upcoming trips.

No car? No problem!!!!
1. The stroller is big, but not too heavy. It folds up (latch on the side). But carrying a folded stroller is definitely a job for DH!
2. BUSES: We took the stroller on the bus every day, several times! Fold it up and carry it on. Most bus drivers will open the back door for DH to get on with the stroller. Then stand by the back door for easy off.
3. MONORAIL: Wheel that baby on! No need to fold it. :banana:
4. BOAT: Here’s the scoop – on the small boats you need to fold the stroller. But the BIG boats, you just roll it on. YIPPEE! :yay:

Rain Rain Go Away!
Keep the rain cover in the bottom basket so you have it with you! The cover fits over the top of the stroller and just barely covers the front edge of the seats. However, the edge of the seats will get wet when the wind blows and shifts the cover. So…. with the rain cover on, park the stroller with the wind coming to the back of it. It will help a little in keeping the seats dry. Laying a plastic poncho on edge of the seats would help too.

For swappers using FORT WILDERNESS as the drop off/pick up resort:
The desk clerk told me "We don't give claim checks here. Other resorts give claim checks, but we don't."
She was insistant that they do not provide claim checks. I nicely asked to speak to a manager. The manager (Beth) immediately pulled out a claim check to attach to the stroller bag. But she said that the only reason she had them is that she got them from another resort. So I think they have a supply of claim checks, but it is not their standard practice to use them at Fort Wilderness.
Having said that... ALWAYS GET A CLAIM CHECK!!!!! Be nice about it, but ask for one.

Do you know about the PARENT SWITCH?

The parent switch is where one parent (or adult friend) has to stay back with a child who is not big enough/or doesn't want to ride. Go to the beginning of the line and tell the attendant you need a parent switch ticket. Usually the whole family has to go so that the attendant can see the adult and child that are staying back. He will give that adult a special ticket.
After the riding adult is done, the other parent can go on. HERE'S THE GREAT PART: The next parent gets to bring 2 people and gets to go through the fast pass lane. :banana:
Couple this with a Fast Pass and you are golden!!! Virtually no wait!!

Random Tip: FAST PASSES
OK. I assume we all know how to use Fast Passes (FP). If you don't, read up baby! Never, never wait in a 2 hour standby line. YIKES!
When you get a FP, the pass will say what time you can return to ride. There is a one hour window printed on the pass. So, for example, you can return between 11:15 and 12:15.
But did you know....
The FP is actually good any time AFTER the return time printed on the ticket!!! So, if your return time is 11:15, you can return and ride any time after 11:15. (The 12:15 time means nothing!). I asked so many people if they knew this - and no one did!

Random Tip: Animal Kingdom SECRET Entrance!
We are big on getting to the parks at "Rope Drop." The parks open at 9 but they open the turnstyles earlier and let the masses of people in the park up to a rope. There are usually BIG lines at the turnstyles waiting for them to open.
So.... there's a SECRET turnstyle at Animal Kingdom. It's in back of the Rain Forest Cafe, located just outside the entrance at AK. Walk through the gift shop at the RFC and go all the way to the back. You'll see a big glass door/wall (that's usually open). Walk through the door and you'll see a single turnstyle, with a really SHORT line! Of course, you join the other people at the rope, but you avoid the masses at the turnstyles. Or, if you're there later than 9 and the lines at the turnstyles are long, casually walk over the Rain Forest Cafe, but...
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Don't tell anyone!

Random Tip: Toy Story Mania
Toy Story Mania at Hollywood Studios is an AWESOME ride! And because of this, the standby line can be hours long. If you want to ride this ride and not waste time in line, GET YOUR FASTPASS AS SOON AS YOU ENTER THE PARK! FPs tend to run out (they won't issue anymore) at 11:00 a.m. And remember, your FP is good anytime AFTER the first time stated on the ticket (see previous FP tip).

Random Tip: HS Character Greet
Did you know that there is an indoor/air conditioned place to meet characters at Hollywood Studios... often with little to no wait? Meet characters like Sourcerer Mickey, Mr and Mrs Incredible and Frozone, Bolt and more.
It's inside The Magic of Disney Animation (located to the LEFT of Playhouse Disney Live on Stage). Typically, guests see the Animation "show" and then procede out to meet the characters. But you don't have to see the show Go to the back of the gift shop at MDA and walk through the hallways (ask a CM in the gift shop where the characters are and they'll point you in the right direction). Try to time this BEFORE the MDA show lets out. It's a really nice set up and we got some great photos there! Don't forget your autograph books!

Back-ups double stroller swap

APR. 16-18 grealock (in Swap #2)
May 28-June 4 Freddy Bear
Sept. 26-Oct. 3 bek1758 (PAID)
Sept. 25-Oct. 5 matosfam
Nov. 29-Dec. 6 poohfriend77
Nov. 29-Dec. 5 VandyFan10
Nov. 29-Dec. 5 got2luvtink
Dec 1-10 Iluvmickeymouse! ***two strollers***

2010--I'm sorry incase any of you happen to check this post but with the New Swap Rules, this swap is being closed down mid-December. Hopefully, you can find a swap that is going to still be active for your dates.
Jan. 8-15, 2010 mouselovr
Jan. 16-23, 2010 tinkerbell423
Jan. 19-30, 2010 rjthkids***2 Strollers****
Jan. 22-29, 2010 hroyale
Feb. 26-March 14th, 2010 cathigh10
June 19-26, 2010 reservations4five **** 2 STROLLERS*****

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

ChurchPilot, emh1129, born2cruise, couturier...Thanks for your info.

Danilynn...I removed you from the swap....Thanks!

Just finishing up with RC4. FYI, there was no fan in the bag when we got it, the Mommy Hook also went missing yesterday. It was on the stroller when we went into Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique because we had Pal Mickey hooked to it, but when we came out, it was not there (nowhere to hang Pal Mickey).

Also, for future swappers, you may want to ask for a big black bag when you pick it up at your front desk. It took the guy nearly an hour and we had to go in the back to find it when we asked for a stroller.

:o) Kristen

KTMEMOMMY is good for 11/16-22. We will probably pick-up on the 15th if the dates before us remain open.
i will pm new leaders with information

We are actually arriving on Jan. 5th (a day later than we originally thought).

Thanks so much!

Just finishing up with RC4. FYI, there was no fan in the bag when we got it, the Mommy Hook also went missing yesterday. It was on the stroller when we went into Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique because we had Pal Mickey hooked to it, but when we came out, it was not there (nowhere to hang Pal Mickey).

Also, for future swappers, you may want to ask for a big black bag when you pick it up at your front desk. It took the guy nearly an hour and we had to go in the back to find it when we asked for a stroller.

I thought they had carrying cases. Did this one get lost?

The carrying case is actually a HUGE duffle bag with a handle for easier carrying.

BUMMER! The fan won't be to much of a problem because it is cooling off a lil so as soon as the funds become available, I can replace that. BUT the Mommy Hook...that really if too bad. It really comes in handy! Thank goodness they didn't kidnap Pal Mickey!

I'll put the Mommy Hook as a priority to for this swap as soon as possible.

Everything else ok with the stroller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter