room requirement?

louisaho

DIS Veteran
i would like to know what is room requirement? does it mean that let say if i have 40 guest, i must have at least 22 guest who will book the room, regardless of their length of stay, or is it the total of night that they stay?

Unless things have changed, the determine the number of "room nights" based on how many people are guests of your wedding. Many have had luck negotiating the number down from what I've read. Room nights are counted as per room per night. If you have 40 guests, but they are made up of 18 families, each would need to stay 2 or 3 nights to meet a minimum requirement. The nights you stay are also counted towards the minimum. We found for a custom wedding we easily met the minimum requirement, even with some family staying in 2 bedroom rooms at Old Key West (which count as one room).

so if i have 25 room nite requirement, can i use it like this:
- 5 night for us
- 3 night for my parent
- 3 night for my father-in-law
- 3 night for my sister-in-law
- 2 nigft for my best friend
- 2 night for my uncle
- 1 night for my cousin
- 1 night for my cousin
so now, i only have 5 nite left?
(above is just an example, which i think my guest can take)

Your list is correct louisaho however you still need to make up those 5 nights. How many guest are going to your wedding? Maybe I can help you out.

actually i am not sure yet, since they will be all traveling from oversea, but i guess i can have 5 days more for my honeymoon in case...
does the complimentary room night count towards that also? if not, what kind of room should i expect?

Yes the complimentary night does apply to the nights and the room requirements are as follows:
1-40 guest 25 room nights
41-75 guest 50 room nights
76-more guest 75 room nights

I hope this helps a little in figuring out your nights.

So is the room requirement only in order to get a comp room for the night? Does that mean if you do not meet the room requirements that you can still have a wedding in disney, but would have to pay for your own room? If so, that would be great because I anticipate I will have trouble meeting the room requirements. Thanks

Rosi

Only your SM can answer that question. WDW has been known to lower the room night minimiums for people who are local and have most of thier guests not planning on staying at the resort, but for the most part, they are pretty set. I was originally worried that I would not be able to meet my room nights and now am certain that I did not get enough, and I don't even know who all is coming to my wedding, but 15 of my 25 have already been booked up.

Also, keep in mind that if anyone has reservations using a different discount, DVC, etc., or in another hotel besides the 3 you chose (for instance, they want to stay at the GF tho that wasn't one of your resorts), those nights also count. You simply need to provide the ressie number to your SM/EM.

HTH

so you mean my guest can use those special rate, like all star 55$ and it will still counts?

Yes they sure can use those rates. All you need to do is get those reservation numbers from them and give them to your EM and she will add them to your total nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter