• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room checks - perhaps this is the real reason (article linked in comments)

I agree. I think there are better ways to address the issue other than barging in on guests who are paying a premium to stay on Disney property.

And that's how you know WDW hasn't properly trained their staff, as the proposed bill was asking. Because it has little to nothing to do with knocking on people's doors and saying you need to be let in to look around.

As disgusting as this is, neither article indicated that Disney hotels were involved. In the first article, a Disney hotel ~may~ have been involved, but no way of knowing, all seem to be general creeps that happened to be in Orlando or happened to be a Disney employee, so Disney happened to be mentioned. Could the room checks be a knee jerk reaction? Sure. Would they do anything to stop it? Nope. If anything, considering that one of these cases WAS a Disney employee, can you not see the room checks as a means for a disgusting creep who happens to be a CM responsible for these room checks to "accidentally" walk in on guests, some of whom may be minors, changing, sleeping, alone, etc.? I've read several accounts of the checks being done while someone was napping, or when someone was half dressed. While the guests in most of these cases let the person in, it SHOULD be against Disney policy for them to enter. Strangers, even if they are Disney employees, should never be in a guest room when the guest is asleep or half dressed! Come on people, STRANGER DANGER ... Didn't my kids hear that term first on the Disney Channel? (idk, maybe it was PBS or Nickelodeon, but I thought it was Disney) Just like being a knee jerk reaction to Vegas, these room checks serve ZERO purpose.

I have thought about this, and I think it could be related to Vegas, it could be related to trafficking, but in addition to those things, hotels are great places to hide all sorts of crazy and illegal- drugs, prostitution, kidnapping, or any other illegal activity. Or also just to prevent complete nastiness. If someone puts the do not disturb sign up for a whole week, a lot of things can happen in that room without anyone noticing. My grandmother was in the hotel industry. People do nasty and illegal things in hotels. I try not to think about it too much. But you better believe that I do not use the coffee makers or anything that's difficult to sanitize.

The problem with thinking that these room checks are going to catch something like this, is that Disney is at least trying to indicate that they will check as many rooms as possible while they are empty.

If you are trying to catch someone in the act of something, you would want to do it when they are actually in the room, well, doing it.

... I've read several accounts of the checks being done while someone was napping, or when someone was half dressed. While the guests in most of these cases let the person in, it SHOULD be against Disney policy for them to enter. Strangers, even if they are Disney employees, should never be in a guest room when the guest is asleep or half dressed!...

Exactly! ::yes::

I feel sorry for these poor dudes who are obviously missing a few brain cells to fall for the police's trap. Since they are the dumbest of dumb, bottom of the barrel, low hanging fruit, they plead guilty without a trial and their lives are ruined by having sex "offender stamped" on their forehead. They certainly don't get the help they need. The real sex offenders aren't this stupid and will never get caught this way. And, this has nothing to do with room checks.

I feel sorry for these poor dudes who are obviously missing a few brain cells to fall for the police's trap. Since they are the dumbest of dumb, bottom of the barrel, low hanging fruit, they plead guilty without a trial and their lives are ruined by having sex "offender stamped" on their forehead. They certainly don't get the help they need. The real sex offenders aren't this stupid and will never get caught this way. And, this has nothing to do with room checks.
I will NEVER feel sorry for ANYONE who either abuses or tries to abuse children! I’m a victim of child sexual abuse and I think an individual (I refuse to call them a person) deserves to be placed UNDER the jail!
Sorry for the rant, I’ll step off my soap box now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter