• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROL with young kids?

chris3947

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to decide whether seeing ROL would be worth it with kids 2,4,6 and 8. Based on the reviews, I can't tell if it will really hold their interest, and I try to limit the number of nights we're out late (already doing Wishes and Illuminations). We had booked a Tusker House package for ROL, but am now second guessing. Other options would be to still go to AK at night to experience the other nighttime entertainment, but not stay all the way till ROL, or just make the AK a half day park and do Chef Mickeys that night.

We took our 2 and 4 year olds last week. I fully expected the 2 year old to lose interest, so I sat on the end of a row so I could exit quickly with her, but both kids ended up loving the show and we stayed the whole time. The only difficult part was waiting for the show to start. We did the Tusker House dining package and had a great time. Have fun!

While we won't see ROL till May, we find illuminations the least kid friendly of the nighttime shows. I would try ROL.

Haven't seen it, but we have a Tiffins ROL Package for June and we'll have a 5.5 year old, 18 month old, and 6 week old! lol. We skip Illuminations but look forward to seeing the new MK fireworks show once.

I've been wondering the same thing. We'll have a 3.5 year old with us on our next trip. I love the suggestion of sitting at the end of a row. Hmmm...we have a group of 7. I wonder if it would be a good idea to use two rows rather than sitting in one long row - we might be able to contain her within our group better that way?

I know it's not ROL, but we took our son (2) to see the Jungle Book show in August and it held his interest (despite it being a crummy show and drizzling the entire time). We plan on bringing him again to see it in June. Lights and music are always a win.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter