Rogue One catch all thread

sachilles

DVC coming to this space soon
Created this mostly because I know we'll need it in the very short future.

One thing I found interesting in the most recent trailer, is a battle seen on what appears to be a tropical beach/swamp planet.
Now, the conspiracy theory. The star wars area in DHS is suppose to be based on a yet to be seen planet.
It certainly would be hitting the easy button to create a Star Wars planet that incorporates the common flora and fauna of central florida.

It'll be interesting to see how the Star Wars area will look once it's completed. One thing I have thought about though is how much content will they include? Will there be things from each episode from 1-9? What if they make more movies in the future will they implement that into the area eventually or will it remain as is. I'm assuming this area will be done around the time before the 9th movie is released but who really knows when it will be opened.

It'll be interesting to see how the Star Wars area will look once it's completed. One thing I have thought about though is how much content will they include? Will there be things from each episode from 1-9? What if they make more movies in the future will they implement that into the area eventually or will it remain as is. I'm assuming this area will be done around the time before the 9th movie is released but who really knows when it will be opened.

Disney created a bit of a dilemma for itself when it changed the "brand name" for good guys and bad guys from Rebels and Empire to ... whatever they call them after The Force Awakens. It doesn't rule out making a decent Star Wars land but it makes it difficult to bridge the many decades of stories.

Disney created a bit of a dilemma for itself when it changed the "brand name" for good guys and bad guys from Rebels and Empire to ... whatever they call them after The Force Awakens. It doesn't rule out making a decent Star Wars land but it makes it difficult to bridge the many decades of stories.
I don't see that.
It's the dark side and the light side, or even the Jedi and the Sith.

Yeah I can see how it can be difficult, I just hope it is very immersive just like Harry potter world at Universal.

I believe they already stated that the worlds in the land won't be anything in any of the movies. Kind of a catch all location.

I believe they already stated that the worlds in the land won't be anything in any of the movies. Kind of a catch all location.
Correct, Star Wars Land is based off a planet that is not currently in any movie.

Exactly, not currently.....
I don't think it will be from Rogue One but it could very well appear in Episode 8 or 9 but 9 may be a stretch to know exactly what planets will be in that movie with still being 3 years from that premiere.

Excellent point

Correct, Star Wars Land is based off a planet that is not currently in any movie.

I find that to be the ultimate cop out...

They wouldn't outright say "we want to market OUR movies"...but they also wouldnt cross the true Star Wars diehards...who are ages 40-60 and want Hoth and endor and there is very little discussion on that.

It's standard "slippery" for them trying to please everyone...which you can't do.

Not that much...

...haven't been watching the expenditure/production side of disney since roughly animal kingdom, eh?
From what I understand a lot of that money will go into Alcatraz, the battle ride. The Falcon won't be the main focus of the land, Alcatraz will be. And of course you have rock work... ;)

Final budget of $600-700 after behind the scenes slashing and $190 for computer designed and fabricated rocks...

Is this Joe project? Might have to amend that ;)

Final budget of $600-700 after behind the scenes slashing and $190 for computer designed and fabricated rocks...

Is this Joe project? Might have to amend that ;)
Disney doesn't cut budgets really they just cut things from the plans so prices don't escalade higher. In Avatar's case nothing was really cut. I can't imagine them cutting much from Star Wars either and toy story is about as bare bones as it gets.

I don't think the planet which Star Wars land is based on will ever be in any movie. I think they'll want to make it a unique experience from the films

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!