ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following up to your off topic, is it typically easier to offload points by selling a reservation or transferring points? I’m assuming selling a reservation because a wider pool of people can buy it (including non DVC members). But transfer sounds so much safer and simpler. Just trying to plan ahead in case my latest contract passes I think I’ll want to offload some extra points and never done it before.
You would likely get higher price per point on a confirmed reservation but transfer offload a lot of points at once. It also depends where you own.

They probably borrowed points from 22 for a reservation, then modified or canceled the reservation later. In those cases borrowed points are returned to you in the UY you borrowed them into, not from.
Ah that makes sense! Thank you! We were a bit confused.

I would think the 21 points would have to have been banked or they would have expired. If your 22 points are not banked into 23 those would also expire Feb 1.

It's possible they had something booked and cancelled
I would think the 21 points would have to have been banked or they would have expired. If your 22 points are not banked into 23 those would also expire Feb 1.

It's possible they had something booked and cancelled.

22 are banked into 23 & then 21 were banked but expire end of Jan ☺️

Following up to your off topic, is it typically easier to offload points by selling a reservation or transferring points? I’m assuming selling a reservation because a wider pool of people can buy it (including non DVC members). But transfer sounds so much safer and simpler. Just trying to plan ahead in case my latest contract passes I think I’ll want to offload some extra points and never done it before.
I've always rented a confirmed reservation. Either though FB groups on my own or through 3rd parties. Its a great way to make sure I've used my extra points to the maximum. Trying to rent points and search for someones preferred resort and days can be a big hassle.

That’s what I like to see!! I’m hopeful my 9/6 will pass in a few days!
Well, it was (almost) a sure thing. About $20 per point over the current ROFR number, albeit on a very small contract. It fit my UY and because BRV is a 2042 resort, I’ve been very surgical in adding points only as I need them and in multiple small increments. Yes, there are added closing costs for multiple contracts, but it gives a ton of flexibility as stays and resort preferences change.

It looks like there have been a lot of ROFR passes around the two week mark recently, is that accurate? I made an executive decision and convinced my husband to let me squeeze in another 50 points (update when it gets sent to ROFR) but I’m worried what might get taken once we hit Q1.

Don't forget the taxes on the rental income. If you choose to rent your points through a broker, most brokers will issue a 1099 depending on how you get paid.
What is the tax rate? Is there a link to that? Is it above your own cost of MF etc?

I’m not sure this is the best place for this question since I’ve been off the DIS for years, but… We are under contract for the sale of our BWV contract. Agent sent it to ROFR today. Any input as to what the ballpark $ is for BWV to pass ROFR? We’d love a quick closing — we’ve held onto this contract for way too long. What happens if they take it? How much do they pay us?

I’m not sure this is the best place for this question since I’ve been off the DIS for years, but… We are under contract for the sale of our BWV contract. Agent sent it to ROFR today. Any input as to what the ballpark $ is for BWV to pass ROFR? We’d love a quick closing — we’ve held onto this contract for way too long. What happens if they take it? How much do they pay us?

It seems BWV hasnt been taking a lot lately but you never know. I think the $120s are the danger zone…but regardless, as the seller, you get exactly what the buyer agreed to pay If it’s tsken.

Disney just takes their place but the terms stay the same. If they ROFR it, they take the process over. They will then handle the closing from that point on, They took one I sold and it took until the closing date on the contract to get it closed. They were in no rush.

It seems BWV hasnt been taking a lot lately but you never know. I think the $120s are the danger zone…but regardless, as the seller, you get exactly what the buyer agreed to pay If it’s tsken.

Disney just takes their place but the terms stay the same. If they ROFR it, they take the process over. They will then handle the closing from that point on, They took one I sold and it took until the closing date on the contract to get it closed. They were in no rush.
Lol well that’s rude of them! I thought they paid a little more if they took it. Didn’t realize it was literally like “you can’t have this, I’m taking it.” That stinks for buyers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter