ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrsDfromTN---$105-$24354-210-OKW-Aug-0/21, 172/22, 210/23, 210/24- sent 6/27, passed 8/2

Well… In a very sad turn of events, we were informed today that we did NOT pass ROFR on the OKW contract! I am not sure what the mixup was or why it happened, but we received an email from the title company saying we passed with the next steps paperwork on Friday. But then this afternoon we received a call from our broker that the contract was taken. Oh well. We do still have a 200 point Aulani with subsidized dues in the ROFR process, and we feel pretty good about that one. I am thinking we will probably take advantage of the recent incentives and buy 150 VGF direct. Maybe wait until this latest incentive expires and see what they do next…
We had the same thing happen. Notice we passed and then notice it was taken. I wonder if we had the same broker.

I have a question for you guys! When you have a contract taken, can you execute another immediately afterward? Just preparing for the worst.........

Also, are loaded contracts more prone to be taken??

TIA
You don't even need to wait until you have a contract taken to begin another one. However, there is the possibility that both could pass ROFR, so be prepared.

I haven't seen any data or conversation one way or the other for whether loaded contracts are more prone to be taken by ROFR.

So far, the only consistencies that I've noticed are:
1. It is much more likely to pass ROFR with an international seller
2. It is much more likely to pass ROFR if it is an actively selling resort like RIV and VGF are right now, and even Poly with its expansion announcement.

There will be times that they have many ROFRs at particular resorts, but those tend to come and go in waves. They like to keep us guessing.

We had the same thing happen. Notice we passed and then notice it was taken. I wonder if we had the same broker.
Andy is our broker and he’s been great. I think what actually happened is the title company jumped the gun and sent the paperwork via email before they should have—almost like they were following their “typical” timeline and ours didn’t match that. The email with the false good news was from the title company, not from Andy.

Last edited:

Someone passed ROFR at the same resort as me yesterday and they were sent to ROFR the same day as me. They paid $167 for 100 points and I paid $161 for 110 (but mine is 50% stripped for the first year). The fact they passed and I didn't makes me think I'm like 99% not passing. Would you agree? I'm on day 30.

Someone passed ROFR at the same resort as me yesterday and they were sent to ROFR the same day as me. They paid $167 for 100 points and I paid $161 for 110 (but mine is 50% stripped for the first year). The fact they passed and I didn't makes me think I'm like 99% not passing. Would you agree? I'm on day 30.

I don’t think that would be a reason. We have seen things take less time for the same resort and both pass or both be taken…or different results.

At least it's at WDW. There were 17 contracts for HHI and 8 for VB. If you're going to pay high maintenance fees, you should really buy resale to offset the overall cost.

HHI is a different situation. SC law requires and attorney so an additional $600+ dollars per contract. Add that to the price per point and the difference between resale and direct cost isn't as big as it seems. At least that was the case when we purchased our first HHI contract resale. We've purchase 2 more small contracts there direct.

I have a question for you guys! When you have a contract taken, can you execute another immediately afterward? Just preparing for the worst.........
I did. Since I knew that my price was right on the ROFR line, I had a couple backups ready to go. Made an offer with an international seller the same day mine got taken.

It should pass ROFR in the next few days.

HHI is a different situation. SC law requires and attorney so an additional $600+ dollars per contract. Add that to the price per point and the difference between resale and direct cost isn't as big as it seems. At least that was the case when we purchased our first HHI contract resale. We've purchase 2 more small contracts there direct.
It's now $155 pp direct, and we paid $86 pp resale. With 100 points on our contract, this made a huge difference!

We calculated it out and after the high MF, buying HHI is about the same with any average DVC resort...not the cheapest or most expensive option. Of course, we just bought there because we adore it, no other reason. ❤️

It's now $155 pp direct, and we paid $86 pp resale. With 100 points on our contract, this made a huge difference!

We calculated it out and after the high MF, buying HHI is about the same with any average DVC resort...not the cheapest or most expensive option. Of course, we just bought there because we adore it, no other reason. ❤️
Exactly why we purchased there! The cast members and location make it truly special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter