• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

This.!!
I was almost ready to just add-on 50 direct at BWV, with the idea that if I just kept doing that every year or so (adding 50 direct), i would eventually have enough for benefits, but I honestly don't really care about benefits/perks, they really are worthless to me, EXCEPT being able to use points at VDH, & possibly future resorts, but even that isn't a big deal, especially if you own VGC. ;)
Not for BWV… but the ability to book VDH and other resorts in the future (Disneyland FWD) does carry some real value.

VGC ownership works great at the 7-11m window…. but if you are watching YouTube and REALLY want to go to Pixar Fest and Star Wars nite…. having some unrestricted points is pretty darn nice to snag a VDH studio….

Not for BWV… but the ability to book VDH and other resorts in the future (Disneyland FWD) does carry some real value.

VGC ownership works great at the 7-11m window…. but if you are watching YouTube and REALLY want to go to Pixar Fest and Star Wars nite…. having some unrestricted points is pretty darn nice to snag a VDH studio….
But that tax... feels like a knife in the back. lol

Still a lot better than paying cash…. and I’d choose VDH over offsite any day (my apologies to the Westin crew… no disrespect intended for that very nice property… I’d just rather pay points and tax than cash and tax).
I agree, I would love to stay there, I really like it, I just don't like that tax, or the dues. lol
Would you use VGC points there?

Found a little something to compliment my AKV contract, so now I can be two-for-two on owning at all WDW lodges. Couldn't fit it in the string, but the seller is also reimbursing MF for the 27 borrowed points from 2025 dues.

aammtt20---$144-$9120-60-CCV@WL-Jun-0/23, 27/24, 33/25, 60/26-Seller pays MF '24- sent 5/2

Last edited:
I agree, I would love to stay there, I really like it, I just don't like that tax, or the dues. lol
Would you use VGC points there?
VGC points are sacred. I use my direct Aulani points there…. basically the same dues and the same TOT tax, but that was one reason why I picked up the direct Aulani points…. VDH is always a 0-4m trip based on another trip (work, etc) or my wife saying “it’d be fun to go to Pixar fest”….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter