Riviera Resort - is there an "Adult only" pool?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
I have been watching youtube videos of Riviera resort, to keep my mind occupied and distracted. It's on my list to stay there soon. In one of the Youtube videos, the blogger said "the adults only" pool, referring to the quiet pool. Another blogger said "Adults mostly". What's the story with the quiet pool there? Is it for everyone, your average quiet pool?

There are no adults-only pools at any Disney resort, as far as I know. The blogger may have been there on a day when there happened to be only adults at the pool.

I agree, I didn't think any Disney resort pool was adults only. I also saw one blogger incorrectly call the Oasis pool at the Poly the "DVC pool" when that's not the case either. So I figured this has to be wrong.

It's also worth noting that Disney doesn't use the term "quiet pool." The main pool at a resort - usually with theming, sometimes slides, etc - is called the feature pool. The other pools are called leisure pools.

Quiet pool is used on fan sites like this one. It sometimes leads to the expectation that Disney requires or promises quiet and calm at these pools, and that's not the case. The leisure pools are usually less crowded than the feature pool, but there are no rules about noise.

I think a long time ago, the Contemporary had an adult pool. Where the current pool with the waterslide is was a square pool. I think the square pool was for everyone, but the still existing round pool was adults only. This would have been years if not decades ago.

I also remember CR having 2 pools with different designations, but I thought one pool was 'family' and one pool was considered 'teen' - give the teen-agers a place to listen to their music and not have adults looking over their shoulder. Not sure that lasted long! But today, I think you need to do a Disney Cruise to find an adults-only pool!

It's not an adults only pool, just the quiet pool at least that is the way it was when we stayed there the end of January.

I do know there is an adult only hot tub at SAB—we got yelled at when my kids started to walk toward it on a cold day and sure enough the sign did say adult only—was so taken aback since I am used to all pools being open to kids!

When we did the DVC tour, the guide told us there would be an adult only pool. It seems that it is more just a quiet pool found at other DVC resorts.

Just booked Riviera Resort for September...what are the odds that WDW is open by then?

Disney canceled my March trip there and gave us some incentive to book in September.

When we did the DVC tour, the guide told us there would be an adult only pool. It seems that it is more just a quiet pool found at other DVC resorts.
Be careful about what the guides say. Their terminology and your's might not be the same. Remember that only the signed documents govern what actually happens.

I think a long time ago, the Contemporary had an adult pool. Where the current pool with the waterslide is was a square pool. I think the square pool was for everyone, but the still existing round pool was adults only. This would have been years if not decades ago.

OMG I remember that beautiful, round, adult only oasis. LOVED it!! Sad to hear it doesn't exist anymore..

OMG I remember that beautiful, round, adult only oasis. LOVED it!! Sad to hear it doesn't exist anymore..
Great to hear that my memory wasn't faulty. :)

I am guessing it was because at the time the Contemporary was the only Disney owned convention hotel on property. Gave a place for people there on business a pool to use w/o a bunch of rugrats running around.

I do know there is an adult only hot tub at SAB—we got yelled at when my kids started to walk toward it on a cold day and sure enough the sign did say adult only—was so taken aback since I am used to all pools being open to kids!

I sat in that for like 2 hours on a Sunday and it was a highlight of my weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter