Rivers of Light --- Almost Ready for Prime Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe just later sunsets for tree of life?
There are sources saying RoL is said to start on 2/12. They said this not knowing about the park hour changes. It's hard to believe anything right now because of what's happened but this is the current rumor.

I have seen on another board a rumor they are doing test showings...Anyone there now that knows anything?

They did previews in December. I haven't heard of anything recently.

It popped up on the Express Bus thread that folks were hopping over to AK to see the tree and possibly a test showing of ROL:

We're doing the 4 park challenge today and it's going to be easy using express. We've knocked out HS, at MK now headed to AK to watch the tree lighting (and see if they're going to run more rol tests tonight allowing guests to watch) and then over to Epcot to watch Illuminations. We may head back to the MK to close the park depending on how tired we are! Love express!!!

It popped up on the Express Bus thread that folks were hopping over to AK to see the tree and possibly a test showing of ROL:
They have been running the show at night but they haven't shown it to guests. Running the show at night when the park is closed is something that's been going on since last April.

Just to be clear, it's not a full show by any stretch. They were allowing guests into the seating area all day yesterday, and last night they allowed guests to sit in the area while they tested the boats and lights- no sound. We've been so mesmerized watching the tree of life shows we haven't made it over to see what they are doing tonight.

Last edited:
Looks like they were testing the lotus tonight. We didn't make it over there until after park closing but there were 3 out on the water- weren't there yesterday. I don't know if guests were allowed to watch or not tonight.

Looks like they were testing the lotus tonight. We didn't make it over there until after park closing but there were 3 out on the water- weren't there yesterday. I don't know if guests were allowed to watch or not tonight.

Thanks for the update...And for your express experience going from MK to AK...I may try that trick when we are there in February :smooth:

We will be there from Feb 24th to March 8th so I have a bit of hope. We were there at the same time last year and watched the construction going on while having lunch at Flame Tree and I sat there thinking there was no way it was going to be ready in time-little did I know that I would be hoping for it to be ready a full year later!!

Would love to hear that the lanterns were out on the water! At any rate, this is at least starting to sound encouraging!

Would love to hear that the lanterns were out on the water! At any rate, this is at least starting to sound encouraging!
The lanterns were cut from the show for now. It's uncertain if they will eventually make it into the show.

Hmmm...i would happen to be at animal kingdom lodge during this latest alledged start date.

Not really compelled to making my way over there though...

I'm curious if we're going to be hearing about more cast member previews soon. If Disney is planning for February 12th, that only gives them a bit over two weeks, and I imagine they'd want to test any changes that were made since December.

I am so hoping for this....we will be there March 2nd - 10th. I wonder if they would put out fastpass options for it soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts