Rivers of Light --- Almost Ready for Prime Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope nothing since.

A bit odd to have a lot of staff - performers, technicians etc. all intensively trained and rehearsed ... then put on ice or worse, sent home for an indefinite hiatus presumably with no pay or benefits ...

... is it not?

A bit odd to have a lot of staff - performers, technicians etc. all intensively trained and rehearsed ... then put on ice or worse, sent home for an indefinite hiatus presumably with no pay or benefits ...

... is it not?
Well I'm assuming it's due to the holidays. Also a lot of them aren't just sent home they are used in other areas around WDW until they are needed for their show.

wdwnt.com just posted some news about rivers of light merchandise going on sale. Hopefully this means the show will start soon.

Disney hasn't released it themselves but it has been released by a Chinese distributor and a distributor in the U.K.
That would make sense. It was a pleasant surprise to me this morning to find the songs on Youtube when I searched Rivers of Light. So, that's what prompted me to do some more research. The music is making me really want to see the show now!

******New hope!!!!!! Disney web has extended AK hours in February..all dates I checked, and into March 4 to 8pm!!!!! Please let this be a sign!
The actual start date of the extensions is Sunday 2/12. That would be the rumored start date.

I so hope! I was so sad to hear Hall of Presidents would be closed for our trip. Missing ROL too was such a bummer as I wont be back for a while. Thinking good thoughts

We are going at the end of February/beginning or March and I just checked - park times for AK have been extended to 8pm as others mentioned! Excited that we might actually get to see this!

Looks like from the end of January to Feb 11 the closing has went from 7:00 to 7:30, after Feb 12 to 8:00... Interesting...
The 7:30 extension for January and February actually happened a month ago (or possibly more - I don't remember the exact extension date). The 8:00 thing however is a new development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter