Ringling Brothers Circus to Close

Adelle Dazeem

DIS Veteran
Last shows will be in May! I have to say while I am sad for the loss of the jobs, I'm not surprised this is happening. The kind of entertainment offered is outdated and overpriced.

My parents took our kid to the last show they had in Oakland. I always thought the put on a good show, but tastes change. My kid now has one of their cups (with a three-panel baby elephant/kid clown/white tiger cub design), which I think had a snow cone when they bought it.

The last time I went I bought a bunch of tickets for lower level opening night special for maybe $12 each and went with a group of 8. It was actually a great value.

The only shocking thing is that it has lasted as long as it has. Thought it would go out of business years ago.

An end of an era with all sorts of history and nostalgia tied to it, but one I'm not sad to see end.

Wouldn't be surprised if someone steps up to buy the famed Ringling Brothers Circus before it closes for good

I am sad to see it end. I always liked clowns personally and I guess that they are disappearing too.

There's opportunities for clowns. There are a bunch of fixed location circuses and a few touring companies. They probably need to change their act for a different style of circus.

Ringling Brothers also traveled by train. They may have been the last circus to do so.

The last time I considered taking the kids the tickets were way too expensive.

Tickets here are cheap, $20 for the worst seats, but there are always promotions. I think I've seen them for $10!

This makes me so sad. We have gone every year since I was little and we have gone for the last 20 years to celebrate my son's birthday since they always come to Cleveland in October. We used to love watching the parade from the train station to the arena downtown, too. I guess we'll be making a road trip to get in one last show.

My dad worked at Ringling Brothers for about 3 years

Because of that, he would never take us kids to see them

This makes me so sad. We have gone every year since I was little and we have gone for the last 20 years to celebrate my son's birthday since they always come to Cleveland in October. We used to love watching the parade from the train station to the arena downtown, too. I guess we'll be making a road trip to get in one last show.
We saw the circus parade in Manhatten. It's was a pretty cool and unique experience.

I'm a little sad. We didn't go every time it was in town, but maybe every 2-3 years. I grew up with it and loved taking my girls. It was just here and we didn't go this year. Now I wish we would have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter