Ringing in 2010, 6 months til we'll be back again

For a much better view of the show, youtube it. :thumbsup2

Jill said she will put up October pictures if I promise to fly through them. I will raise my right hand and promise to update every day for the next 17 days.

That I will def do :thumbsup2

That is quite a big promise , I'm hoping you stick to it as I want to see all those cute Halloween pictures to get me in the mood for our September trip and the party !

So there is a slight "hitch in our giddy up" (I'll wait while all of you non-Southerners try and translate that phrase.) We can't find the October pictures. They are somewhere on some computer or hard drive, but I can't find them on mine and Mom says she can't find them on her. I feel confident they are somewhere so I am trying very hard not to get sick at the thought of a whole trip of pictures missing - especially ones with the cutest Ariel and Flounder!

I think we have found the pictures, however, they are on Mom's external hard drive and she doesn't know exactly how to get them off so I will try and walk her through it tomorrow afternoon so we can get the show on the road.

I was very worried when I saw your 1st post Jill but now I see the second I have hope !

Don't know if this helps or not but your Mom posted Halloween Parade pictures over on my pre-trip report for me to see , so if there from this past trip she has to have them on her computer :thumbsup2

Awe the last day soo sad :( You all have so many more trips in the works it can't be too bad !

Nice gift shop pictures , you know I :love: my shopping ! lol

The girls looked soo sweet all snuggled up in there car seats for the drive home .

Can't wait to see those October pictures popcorn::popcorn::

That I will def do :thumbsup2

That is quite a big promise , I'm hoping you stick to it as I want to see all those cute Halloween pictures to get me in the mood for our September trip and the party !

I was very worried when I saw your 1st post Jill but now I see the second I have hope !

Don't know if this helps or not but your Mom posted Halloween Parade pictures over on my pre-trip report for me to see , so if there from this past trip she has to have them on her computer :thumbsup2

Awe the last day soo sad :( You all have so many more trips in the works it can't be too bad !

Nice gift shop pictures , you know I :love: my shopping ! lol

The girls looked soo sweet all snuggled up in there car seats for the drive home .

Can't wait to see those October pictures popcorn::popcorn::

John put all my pictures on the external hard drive at Christmas to free up space ont he laptop, everything from December back is on that, we hope. Jill is going to call me in a little while and try to talk me through finding them.

Zawadi is a great place to shop - so many unique things. :thumbsup2

Whew! I'm gone for a few days and this thing just exploded! AKL...what a great way to end the trip!

For those that were asking about Howard: he was my oldest DD's fiance. He was diagnosed with diabetes and then after Thanksgiving/before Christmas last year he was diagnosed with Stage IV pancreatic cancer. He was originally told he'd have a year to live. The cancer was growing on the lose dose chemo so they upped the chemo. The cancer grew faster and he was told he had at most 6 weeks to live...8 if he was lucky. In reality it was a week. My DD, Katie, is heartbroken over the loss of the man she loved. I don't think my granddaughter, Madison, really understands it yet.

Yesterday was the funeral. Not long after dropping my parents off at their house and getting settled for the evening, I get a call from Katie telling me that Howard's children were kicking her and Madison out of the house and they had called the police. Fortunately, Katie's best friend was there with her. I dropped Hannah off at my parent's and headed back up there. Katie, her BFF, her BFF's DH, me and two girls from next door packed up every bit of furniture, toys, pictures, etc. that belongs to Katie and Madison. It was all I could do to keep the redneck from coming out but I managed to keep my cool. They said some mean and hurtful things to Katie...things that have planted seeds of doubt in her mind, and ours, as to how Howard really felt about her. And of course he can no longer tell us if what they said is true or not. There's a special place in hell for people like that.

I had to leave at 3:30 while they were finishing up with the last bit of stuff. I got home at 5:00 this morning, got up at 6:00 and went up to my parent's house to get Hannah ready for school. I unloaded my van and then headed in to work. Howard supposedly had a life insurance policy with Katie as the beneficiary. When Katie called today to get the process going on the life insurance policy she was told that they couldn't tell her that personal information and she would have to get that from the family. We suspect that Howard's DD, who had Power of Attorney, cancelled the policy before Howard died and the money he said Katie would have to be able to provide for herself and Madison is gone. The attorney I work for is sending Howard's employer a letter to see if we can find out if it's there or not.

Katie and Madison are staying with her BFF for the moment and will eventually be moving in to a house that they own. Unfortunately, it's not in the same county and they are 2 hours away from Madison's school. School ends June 10th and Katie is probably going to have to withdraw Madison from school because she can't drive 4 hours round trip every day to take Madison to school. With it being so late in the school year there's no point to enroll her in a school that's closer. On top of that, Katie took an unpaid leave of absence to care for Howard in his last days (while his children continued with work and other parts of their lives). She's asked for a transfer but if there's no opening then she's either going to have to make the drive to the store she's worked at for the last 3 years or be out of a job.

If Howard wasn't already dead I'd kill him myself for putting Katie and Madison through this.

Very nice photos of your AKL visit and I think you captured all the special parts of that resort! I know I was hooked for that short stay we had in February! I am so excited for you over Mother's Day... that seems like a very special surprise for you! It will be a nice warm up to summer! :goodvibes

I'm usually so sad at the end of a trip report I enjoy, especially as much as I enjoy MeMom's, but knowing there's another one already started stops that from happening. Thanks for the wonderful report, I'm off to read the next one now.

Terri

:hug: Wow, Jillyb- I'm sorry to hear about things! Howard's family sounds like a real pain! Good luck with everything!:headache:

Whew! I'm gone for a few days and this thing just exploded! AKL...what a great way to end the trip!

For those that were asking about Howard: he was my oldest DD's fiance. He was diagnosed with diabetes and then after Thanksgiving/before Christmas last year he was diagnosed with Stage IV pancreatic cancer. He was originally told he'd have a year to live. The cancer was growing on the lose dose chemo so they upped the chemo. The cancer grew faster and he was told he had at most 6 weeks to live...8 if he was lucky. In reality it was a week. My DD, Katie, is heartbroken over the loss of the man she loved. I don't think my granddaughter, Madison, really understands it yet.

Sorry you have to deal with the drama during such a sad time. Everybody is probably just running on emotions right now. Hopefully, it will settle down soon and everyone can be agreeable.

Very nice photos of your AKL visit and I think you captured all the special parts of that resort! I know I was hooked for that short stay we had in February! I am so excited for you over Mother's Day... that seems like a very special surprise for you! It will be a nice warm up to summer! :goodvibes

I wanted to go out and see the animals closer, but there just wasn't time.

Looking forward to this trip has made us not even think a lot about the summer trip, so it has helped a lot! We have narrowed down our ADR's for summer, though, so that does make it real.

I'm usually so sad at the end of a trip report I enjoy, especially as much as I enjoy MeMom's, but knowing there's another one already started stops that from happening. Thanks for the wonderful report, I'm off to read the next one now.

Terri

We hope everyone will join us on the new report. ::yes::

See you there! :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter