Riding in the Mardis Gras Parade

davidtheusename

Earning My Ears
We will be making our first trip to Universal March 1-5. I have heard that annual passholders can sign up online for a chance to ride in the mardis gras parade. Is that still a thing? How does that work? I know my daughter would absolutely love that if we could do it, but I can't see a way to sign up. Where do I go? Would I be able to do that if I've already paid for the annual pass but haven't picked it up from the park yet?

Float rider Signup link
https://www.universalorlando.com/RSVP/UOAP-Mardi-Gras/Sign-Up.aspx

General notes:
They are doing the parade every day, even non-concert nights. Concert Nights will be the hardest to get.

The meeting spot for float riders is in front of A Day in the Park with Barney in Kidzone. Usually they start meeting 2 hours before parade time and stop about 45minutes to an hour before the parade, if at the end of the window they still have open spots (usually no shows or people who sign up for more slots than they use) they will let anyone near Barney who asks on. (If the weather isn't great the odds of "standbys" getting on are high, concert nights or good weather, not so much)

I think I recall a handful of people informally lining up for "standby" last year, but we had a slot so we didn't pay much attention, a few people waiting did get on though. You get assigned one of the floats by the wristband you get and then you have a spot in the barney courtyard to hang out in until your group gets, the King Gator is the largest and holds the most people (we were on it last year), they were the first to load up since it was way in the back (but quic. They'll walk you backstage and give you the outfits (just slides on top) and up you go. Tons of beads and you'll wear your arm out trying to keep up.

This tracker video from last year's event (around 6 minutes in) gives you an idea how its like

If you don't have the annual pass yet you won't have your AP# since it hasn't been issued.

Last edited:

I see on the signup page that you need to have your APH ID and sign up a week in advance. Is there anything I can do if I have already paid, but was expecting to pick up my pass only a day or two before the parade? :(

Once you do get the actual ap, still try to sign up for the list

Sometimes peeps don't show up at the scheduled time and next sign up on the list could be contacted

It will be a hit or miss

Thanks for sharing this information! I didn't know this was an option, but I just went on and signed up for a couple of days when we are there in March.

Float rider Signup link
https://www.universalorlando.com/RSVP/UOAP-Mardi-Gras/Sign-Up.aspx

General notes:
They are doing the parade every day, even non-concert nights. Concert Nights will be the hardest to get.

The meeting spot for float riders is in front of A Day in the Park with Barney in Kidzone. Usually they start meeting 2 hours before parade time and stop about 45minutes to an hour before the parade, if at the end of the window they still have open spots (usually no shows or people who sign up for more slots than they use) they will let anyone near Barney who asks on. (If the weather isn't great the odds of "standbys" getting on are high, concert nights or good weather, not so much)

I think I recall a handful of people informally lining up for "standby" last year, but we had a slot so we didn't pay much attention, a few people waiting did get on though. You get assigned one of the floats by the wristband you get and then you have a spot in the barney courtyard to hang out in until your group gets, the King Gator is the largest and holds the most people (we were on it last year), they were the first to load up since it was way in the back (but quic. They'll walk you backstage and give you the outfits (just slides on top) and up you go. Tons of beads and you'll wear your arm out trying to keep up.

This video around 6 minutes in gives you an idea how its like

If you don't have the annual pass yet you won't have your AP# since it hasn't been issued.

Your video is so AWESOME!!! I have to show my husband. Thanks for sharing. We won't be picking up our annual pass until we arrive so we have to keep our fingers and toes crossed that we can still sign up somehow when we get there.

Your video is so AWESOME!!! I have to show my husband. Thanks for sharing. We won't be picking up our annual pass until we arrive so we have to keep our fingers and toes crossed that we can still sign up somehow when we get there.

That's not my video, but the couple goes to the various Orlando parks and does a pretty good job showcasing what's new.

So kids over 48" can do this (with an adult)? I wish we all could but my younger two are not tall enough. My oldest and I can do this and DH can sit off with the little ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter