Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets Oct DISmeet Trip. 5/6-Ch 14 Closing Thoughts

marvali

DIS Veteran
Introductions and What's This TR All About?

For those of you who don't know me yet, I'm the Marv half of Marvali. I'm the Trip Planner of the group (okay, over-planner maybe) and the one who frequents the DIS Boards among other Disney sites, to gather as much information as I can to plan our trips. As you will see during this TR, those plans are set in stone and NEVER subject to change!!! :rolleyes1 I am also a very serious, no nonsense guy who is always reserved in my comments and very polite to everyone I know here on the DIS! :rolleyes: (.... and don't believe any of the lies that are sure to be posted here in response to that statement, by those claiming to know me.........) ;)

My DW of over 28 years is Alison. She is a middle school math teacher. She loves going to Disney, actually pretty much anywhere since she loves to travel, but doesn’t care anything about planning the details of the trip as long as we relax and have some family fun!

DS22 is Matthew. He has now graduated from college and is serving in the Navy. This trip would be our first without him along.

DS19 is Jonathan. He is currently living at home while taking classes at a local college.

DS15 is Andrew. He is now a 9th grader who plays soccer and runs cross country for the local High School.

Here is a picture just before our previous post-Christmas/New Year’s trip.

016.jpg

We knew we would be heading back to Disney a few months later but very possibly without Matthew, so I purchased Annual Passes using our DVC discount for four of us, and I got Matthew a regular Disney ticket the day we arrived for the days he would be with us. If interested, you can read about that trip here:

Snow to 80 in 8 days-A spoonful of Holiday Cheer

I had hoped we could take our next trip to Disney just after school ended for multiple reasons. The absolute biggest reason was we were hoping when Matthew graduated from college he wouldn’t have to report to the Navy before we could take the trip, and he would be able to go with us. We knew this might be the last possible trip we could all take together as a family for a while and not knowing exactly when that might be we were hoping the timing would work out. As it turned out, the timing wasn't going to work out regardless, so this would be our first Disney trip without all of the family. :guilty:

Another benefit to an early trip is we are DVC members and the point rates are lower the first few days of June, so we could have saved some points to use later. Also, we would have made it while Star Wars weekends :darth: were still going on, and after reading some TRs here on the DIS about them, I knew it was something our family would enjoy experiencing. And last but certainly not least, the later into the summer you travel to Disney, the better the chances that you will deal with hotter temperatures and higher humidity levels, neither of which contributes anything of value to a pleasant trip. :headache:

The big barrier to our getting to make the trip when planned was a huge project at work. I knew that it would have to go perfectly from a scheduling standpoint for us to be able to leave when I hoped. Unfortunately as the project moved along, it became obvious that the schedule was going to slip later into June and we probably would not be able to go when hoped, so I made the early call and rescheduled the trip. The dates would now be Friday, July 29th until Sunday, August 7th due to other obligations we had during the summer. So much for avoiding the heat and humidity!!! :eek:

Hi Marv! I can't wait to read about your trip! I always enjoy your trip reports. You and your family rock! I'm coming along for the ride on this one too!:goodvibes

I FINALLY found it (I looked when I read a hint on LIsa's TR). I still don't see it showing up in your posts or threads you've written! But I am here and on the FRONT PAGE and I will NOT say a word! Alert the media, there is a rare time I make the front page!! :yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay: I can't WAIT to read since this is the trip we met for the VERY FIRST TIME!!!!! :love::love: (I THINK....:confused3)

You are tricky!! Making some sort of announcement on my TR and then not providing a link! But I saw it in your signature!

Of course I am here - need to go back and read the intro now! :goodvibes

You are tricky!! Making some sort of announcement on my TR and then not providing a link! But I saw it in your signature!

There was no link in his signature at 7 AM CET this morning.... So thank you dear sister for the hint!

marv, I'm looking forward to this TR? What speed should I expect?

All I will admit to is that I was having a BLONDE moment. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

But I'm here now, you lucky man. ;)

I'm going to sub while the subbing is good. I'll have to stop back to read later, however.

I love that family picture! I remember that one in your last TR.

There was no link in his signature at 7 AM CET this morning.... So thank you dear sister for the hint!

VERY SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :snail::snail::snail:

For those of you who don't know me yet, I'm the Marv half of Marvali. I'm the Trip Planner of the group (okay, over-planner maybe) and the one who frequents the DIS Boards among other Disney sites, to gather as much information as I can to plan our trips. As you will see during this TR, those plans are set in stone and NEVER subject to change!!! :rolleyes1 I am also a very serious, no nonsense guy who is always reserved in my comments and very polite to everyone I know here on the DIS! :rolleyes: (.... and don't believe any of the lies that are sure to be posted here in response to that statement, by those claiming to know me.........) ;)

What? Who are you talking about here? Tim? Glenn? This is definitely NOT Marv! :lmao::lmao:

My DW of over 28 years is Alison. She is a middle school math teacher. She loves going to Disney, actually pretty much anywhere since she loves to travel, but doesn’t care anything about planning the details of the trip as long as we relax and have some family fun!

Also a saint for those 28 years.

DS22 is Matthew. He has now graduated from college and is serving in the Navy. This trip would be our first without him along.

DS19 is Jonathan. He is currently living at home while taking classes at a local college.

DS15 is Andrew. He is now a 9th grader who plays soccer and runs cross country for the local High School.

016.jpg

Such handsome devils are those THREE YOUNG men.

We knew we would be heading back to Disney a few months later but very possibly without Matthew, so I purchased Annual Passes using our DVC discount for four of us, and I got Matthew a regular Disney ticket the day we arrived for the days he would be with us. If interested, you can read about that trip here:

Be sure you have a couple of days to read...it's a long one and days are spread out with a lot of "where is the beef; er, I mean, where is Marv?"

I had hoped we could take our next trip to Disney just after school ended for multiple reasons. The absolute biggest reason was we were hoping when Matthew graduated from college he wouldn’t have to report to the Navy before we could take the trip, and he would be able to go with us. We knew this might be the last possible trip we could all take together as a family for a while and not knowing exactly when that might be we were hoping the timing would work out. As it turned out, the timing wasn't going to work out regardless, so this would be our first Disney trip without all of the family. :guilty:

Another benefit to an early trip is we are DVC members and the point rates are lower the first few days of June, so we could have saved some points to use later. Also, we would have made it while Star Wars weekends :darth: were still going on, and after reading some TRs here on the DIS about them, I knew it was something our family would enjoy experiencing. And last but certainly not least, the later into the summer you travel to Disney, the better the chances that you will deal with hotter temperatures and higher humidity levels, neither of which contributes anything of value to a pleasant trip. :headache:

The big barrier to our getting to make the trip when planned was a huge project at work. I knew that it would have to go perfectly from a scheduling standpoint for us to be able to leave when I hoped. Unfortunately as the project moved along, it became obvious that the schedule was going to slip later into June and we probably would not be able to go when hoped, so I made the early call and rescheduled the trip. The dates would now be Friday, July 29th until Sunday, August 7th due to other obligations we had during the summer. So much for avoiding the heat and humidity!!! :eek:

Now, seriously, looking forward to this TR.

did I make the first page????

aw nuts :sad2: but at the top of the second page :woohoo: will be back later to read...have to go pick Megan up from school, think she'd be upset if I was late :rotfl::rotfl:

:woohoo: finally made it to page 2 so I can do replies! :banana: I was trying to wait since I know how important it is to many of you to make Page 1 on a new TR!!!

Ha Ha I am here.
:welcome: Pat! However did you get here so quick? I was hoping I could get that second post saved for Chapter links before somebody joined in. Looks like I didn't beat you by much!!! :laughing:
Hi Marv! I can't wait to read about your trip! I always enjoy your trip reports. You and your family rock! I'm coming along for the ride on this one too!:goodvibes
:welcome: Rozz! Thanks for the kind words!! Great to have you onboard, and hope this one doesn't disappoint...... :)
I FINALLY found it (I looked when I read a hint on LIsa's TR). I still don't see it showing up in your posts or threads you've written! But I am here and on the FRONT PAGE and I will NOT say a word! Alert the media, there is a rare time I make the front page!! :yay::woohoo: I can't WAIT to read since this is the trip we met for the VERY FIRST TIME!!!!! :love: (I THINK....:confused3)
:welcome: Judy!
Glad you made it over! I know how busy you are so glad to have you tagging along! And you made it over from Lisa's link, and she still hasn't found me.... :guilty:

Of course I am here - need to go back and read the intro now! :goodvibes
:welcome: Magdalene! I knew you would be up to the challenge of finding the TR without too much help! I wanted to give everyone a chance in the different time zones to find it before I started broadcasting it too much! Glad you joined in since you and Katharina will be a part of this story!

:welcome: Katharina! So glad you joined in too! Now my two favorite German sisters are here to keep me straight...... :goodvibes As far as speed, well, I can't get too fast since I don't want to get ahead of your's and Magdalene's story..... :rolleyes1 I know how busy you are, so I'll try not to make you have to check in toooo often to keep caught up! ;)
Joining! I've lurked on your TRs in the past. :thumbsup2
:welcome: Danielle! So glad you came out of lurkdom and joined in! Everyone here (well, MOST anyway) is very nice so feel free to join in and add to the conversation! It makes it a lot more fun for me! :goodvibes

Ok, I'm back ..... I do have a VERY good excuse for being late to the party, I was scrapping our OCT trip, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it :thumbsup2

I surely hope you aren't talking about me are you :confused3:rotfl2:, but this does give us another opportunity to be nice and sweet to you Marv :rolleyes1:rotfl:

and I hope you let her get lots of relaxing done with that houseful of boys!

and we thank him for his service to our country!

such a nice young man too! happy we got to meet him in Oct at HOB!

hope we will be able to meet Andrew and Matthew when we are visiting Judy this summer!

016.jpg

great photo! did Andrew throw that snowball he's holding at one of his brothers???

could NEVER do WDW during the summer I'd be passed out from the humidity and heat :sick:

I FINALLY found it (I looked when I read a hint on LIsa's TR). I still don't see it showing up in your posts or threads you've written! But I am here and on the FRONT PAGE and I will NOT say a word! Alert the media, there is a rare time I make the front page!! :yay::woohoo: I can't WAIT to read since this is the trip we met for the VERY FIRST TIME!!!!! :love: (I THINK....:confused3)

hey, you were on the ball today, I knew he was going to start one, just didn't realize it was going to be today :rotfl2::rotfl2:

looking forward to reading along....are we taking bets on how long this TR will take to complete :rolleyes1:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

All I will admit to is that I was having a BLONDE moment. :lmao:
Moment? :confused:
But I'm here now, you lucky man. ;)
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.................. :sad2:
I'm going to sub while the subbing is good. I'll have to stop back to read later, however.

I love that family picture! I remember that one in your last TR.
:welcome: Glenn! Glad to have you along once again! And that reminds me......need to take a lot more family photos!!! :laughing:
VERY SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :snail:
:headache:
Now, seriously, looking forward to this TR.
:welcome: Kathy! In spite of your faults, you KNOW I love you!!!! :lovestruc
I blame work for being late ....... ;)
:welcome: Karin! Late, huh? Well for you it is quite a bit later than for the rest of us! ;)
:welcome: Mark! Cheese Balls available in the lounge! :goodvibes

did I make the first page????

aw nuts :sad2: but at the top of the second page :woohoo: will be back later to read...have to go pick Megan up from school, think she'd be upset if I was late :rotfl::rotfl:
Oh, well if you're going to put Megan first........ :rotfl2:

:welcome: Lisa , great to have you along for the, uh,........ride....Yeah, that's it! :) I'm betting somewhere in here you will get at least a cameo appearance...... :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!