"Ride is down" fp email

Kathryn777

DIS Veteran
Can anyone explain what happens to your fp when you get the "ride is down" email ? We got it on our last visit several times.

Here's what I found confusing. We had one for test track. It gave us the option to use it on several rides, one of which we already had a fp for. When we rode the 2nd ride (SE I think) at our fp time, it used our test track fast pass. We had to show the email at a kiosk to get it straightened out, but I didn't realize it had happened until we tried to get on Test track.

What are you supposed to do when you get that email? Is there a way to avoid it screwing up your other fp?

Don't use it for a ride you already have a fastpass for.

She wasn't trying to use it, she was trying to use the FP+ she had for SSE. I don't know how you can tell the mickey head reader which FP to use. Unfortunately, if Test Track or Soarin goes down they will not let you use your FP for another headliner so your only choice is to wait it out and hope the ride re-opens.

There's really nothing to do other than what you did, unfortunately. You can ask a CM at the ride if they can somehow order the FP+ priority for you to take the correct one, but there's nothing you can do to make it automatic.

If this happens at MK and your concerned with using the FPP system. CM's do have the ability to still hand you paper tickets for when rides are down at their discretion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 7
When you go to use a FP+ make sure the cast member at the FP+ return doesn't use your anytime FP+. We were able to tell them about our anytime FP+ before we scanned our Magic Bands and they were able to pull the correct FP+ from our account. I would tell them about it before you scan your Magic Band because I don't know if they can back it out if the system uses the anytime FP+. We did this a couple of times when the 7DMT was down last year.

We got the "anytime" FP when Test Track was down also. Our FP reservation was for 8-9 (right before EPCOT closed), so the anytime FP allowed us to use it in any park on any attraction and it expired in 2 days.

We didn't use it until 2 days after and used our other scheduled FPs without issue. Although, we chose Toy Story to use the floating FP on and it denied us when we scanned our bands. I had to get my phone out and show the CM my MDE app to prove that it was for any ride at any park. He thought the issue was that we had other FP reservations for later that day at DHS and that's why it wasn't letting us use the floating FP.

Thanks for bringing this up OP. This will good to remember for our future trips. We've had the floating FP's too, back in 2013, but I honestly can't remember how we handled it.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter