"ride guide" Is there such a thing?

jas0202

Mouseketeer
Is there a place that gives accurate descriptions of the rides...not just the flowery fluff on the website or guidemaps. We are going and taking DDs 5 and 2. I would like to know if there's potential for them to freak out! Example...I know not to take them on dinosaur based on many threads, but is there like a central place that would let me know about the rides in the various parks? :confused3

Pardon me for being such an ignorant first timer! I just want to make it magical and not terrifying! :thumbsup2

I think most people have the best luck with vidoes of rides on YouTube. If you search for the ride you're questioning, you'll probably find at least one video of the ride itself to show your kids. HTH

The Unoffical Guide (both the original & the one with kids) have info about what might spook some kids, incl. special effects, loud noises, scary villains, etc. We haven't gone yet, but that info has helped us rule a few out for my very sensitive daughter.

A good book is BirnBaum's WDW for Kids. They go into a good bit of helpful detail (including "potential scare" alerts) and you can carry it with you for reference in the parks.

I used youtube.com
I had a map opened to tell me what ride was in each park and just did searches. Saw a few tube videos on each ride and either marked it with a yes, no or maybe. the maybe I came back with and watched again and again.

Then I let her watch-- (she will be 4 when we go-) and this way she can know what to expect)

The Unoffical Guide (both the original & the one with kids) have info about what might spook some kids, incl. special effects, loud noises, scary villains, etc. We haven't gone yet, but that info has helped us rule a few out for my very sensitive daughter.

I second this one.

Of course, you have to keep in mind that it may be something completely, totally random that scares your child. The only thing that frightened my DD (and she did it all!) was on the Great Movie Ride. She was fine with Alien, the Wicked Witch, and more. However, when the tour guide reached for the jewel (Indiana Jones) and was 'burned,' DD freaked out!

Of course, you have to keep in mind that it may be something completely, totally random that scares your child. The only thing that frightened my DD (and she did it all!) was on the Great Movie Ride. She was fine with Alien, the Wicked Witch, and more. However, when the tour guide reached for the jewel (Indiana Jones) and was 'burned,' DD freaked out!

YESSSSSS!!!! My DS (7) was wonderful on SM, BTMRR, Snow White, but when it came to the great movie ride with the wicked witch - We left in tears!!!!!!:confused3:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter