• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Richard Petty Driving Experience?

I guess the decision will be made by how much moola I can accumulate by then. hahaha Seriously, I am going to try to go for the rookie experience. I think he would go nuts.

For his 40th B-day, we went to the Daytona. That was 3 years ago...the year that Earnhardt died. I don't think I could top that one. That was pretty incredible.

Thanks for your advice.

TTFN,
Maria

Hubby did the Rookie Exp. last Sept. And loved it. We aren't big race fans, but its something he has been wanting to do for years now. It worked out to be a birthday present.
I went with and watched. The time flew by for me. During the class portion I sat in the back and read a book. The instructor teased me a bit for being so lively, reading my book. When the class went outside to get suited up and learn about the cars they would be driving, I followed to a bleacher area (covered). This is where I sat for the remainder of the experience - took lots of pictures rode around the track in a van after the class did and just watched.

Hubby had a blast. The pictures turned out great and I am soo glad he got the chance to do it. He commented afterwards that 8 laps is enough time to get the feel for it, another 8 would be great. He was given that option, but decided to quit while he was ahead - leave on a high.
Go for it. Both drivers and watchers will have fun.

I would say do both the ride along and the driving. The driving would be fun because you are at the wheel, and the ride along gets you closer to the real thing. Here in Charlotte, the ride along gets you close to 160+ mph or at least it did a few years ago. Also, on the ride along, you are next to the wall and you can see just how close they do come to it!!!

This definately sounds like something I'll have to look into for DH's next birthday. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter