Rhine River Cruise Meets Thread

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
OK, here it is! The Meets Thread for the new ABD Rhine River Cruises! Post here to talk & share about this trip and hopefully connect with other DISers on the same departure.

DH (Trevor) and I are deposited on the 22 July cruise with friends from Nova Scotia. Our friends have a 14 year old daughter.

we booked July 15 rhine river cruise. First time with ADB.
Been 2 5 DCL (northern europe, 2015, mediterranean 2013, w carribean 2014, Bahamas twice.
been a dvc member since 2009. Upcoming trip, DCL alaska june 2016 Tokyo jan 2016.
it will be me , my husband, my children both adults already 21 and 18.

We are on the April 8 departure (DVC exclusive). First ABD trip! It will be me, my husband and our two daughters who will be 12 and 10 by then. Looking forward to it!

Hi!

My party of 9 is booked on the July 15 sailing on the Rhine! This will be my 3rd ABD....
Ireland-2015
Central Europe-2016
Rhine-2017

Plus multiple DCL sailings including the EPiC 9 night Norweigan Fjords Cruise in 2015. Please post!

Our Party includes
Myself
DH
DS-13
DS-9

Best Friend
DH
DD-12
DS-14
DS-8

we booked July 15 rhine river cruise. First time with ADB.
Been 2 5 DCL (northern europe, 2015, mediterranean 2013, w carribean 2014, Bahamas twice.
been a dvc member since 2009. Upcoming trip, DCL alaska june 2016 Tokyo jan 2016.
it will be me , my husband, my children both adults already 21 and 18.

We are booked on that as well!
Myself
DH
DS-13
DS-9

We will be on the July 1,2017 sailing! It's. "Girls trip" - my mother, daughter (will be almost 15 years old) and me!! We are very excited!

We are on a Danube ABD cruise this summer, so hope to learn a lot about river cruising. This will be our 4th ABD and my moms first. Looking forward to meeting you all!!

@lola1972 @SCFamily4 great! we will be travelling with my friend and her daughter 18y/o . their first disney trip. Anyways its our first rivercruise . excited and also anxious. pls tell us more on rivercruising.. we booked cat D only. im worried because theres no verandah. Need your advice if i need to upgrade. or if the sundeck is enough. thanks

@lola1972 @SCFamily4 great! we will be travelling with my friend and her daughter 18y/o . their first disney trip. Anyways its our first rivercruise . excited and also anxious. pls tell us more on rivercruising.. we booked cat D only. im worried because theres no verandah. Need your advice if i need to upgrade. or if the sundeck is enough. thanks

We are currently in Prague, and will be leaving for the ABD Danube trip tomorrow! It is the AmaViola, a similar ship to what we will be on next summer. I will report back on the ship details, with pics if possible. We have a verandah, so I will try to get feedback from others on the rooms without. To be honest, we may not even be on the ship that much! Will let you know what I learn!

We are currently in Prague, and will be leaving for the ABD Danube trip tomorrow! It is the AmaViola, a similar ship to what we will be on next summer. I will report back on the ship details, with pics if possible. We have a verandah, so I will try to get feedback from others on the rooms without. To be honest, we may not even be on the ship that much! Will let you know what I learn!

I will be very interested in hearing your thoughts. I'm considering the Rhine cruise for 2018 (if I can make it work with our 10 year anniversary trip earlier that year). Enjoy the Danube cruise!

We are booked for the July 29, 2017 sailing. DH, me, and our two boys (who will be 9 and 12 then). I have not yet decided if we will do the Amsterdam add on.

Last edited:

We are on the AmaViola now, which (from what I understand) is similar to the ship that we will be on for the Rhine cruise. We booked a 200-level room with a verandah. I have gone out on the veranda exactly 4 times in the past 6 days. Many times at port, you are docked side to side with another ship. So close you can almost touch! And most of the cruising has been at night. We had one day with some lovely day cruising and we watched from a higher floor. The top floor is so nice to sit and watch - and there are many canopies for shade. I probably would have been fine with a lower floor. The nicest thing about the room is how much natural light we have - Windows basically on one wall. Curtains are plenty dark if needed.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

We are on the AmaViola now, which (from what I understand) is similar to the ship that we will be on for the Rhine cruise. We booked a 200-level room with a verandah. I have gone out on the veranda exactly 4 times in the past 6 days. Many times at port, you are docked side to side with another ship. So close you can almost touch! And most of the cruising has been at night. We had one day with some lovely day cruising and we watched from a higher floor. The top floor is so nice to sit and watch - and there are many canopies for shade. I probably would have been fine with a lower floor. The nicest thing about the room is how much natural light we have - Windows basically on one wall. Curtains are plenty dark if needed.

View attachment 182725 View attachment 182726
@lola1972 @SCFamily4 thank you for the inputs. i upgraded to Cat C with french balcony . I guess having fresh air will be better. We are very excited on this river cruise.

We will be on the July 1st sailing, myself, husband, son who will be 19 at the time, daughter and son-in-law. We have been on 2 previous trips. Costa Rica and Wyoming. We are interested in trying River cruising and the ports look amazing. It has been along time since we did an ABD because I discovered that we could pretty much do alot of the ABD itineraries on our own for a lot less money. However, it would be hard to duplicate the River Cruise without a lot of unpacking and moving about. So,we are hoping for a lot of great adventure, fun, and food! And, a river that has good water levels so we don't end up on a bus trip.

Holiday trip 2017 (myself, DH, and DD who will be 17 then). So excited...:)

Oh my gosh, so jealous!! Danube this Christmas and Rhine next??!! That is awesome! I definitely want to do both, but want to do the Danube for the holidays and the Rhine in the summer. I can't wait to hear about both of them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!