Reviews 2/6-2/10....DDP is a MUST!!!(long)

MeLaNie9

DIS Veteran
[In May we had the DDP and since I was attending a conference this time, we weren't eligible for the DDP. We definitely spent way more money this time (and we didn't eat as much) - just based on the TS meals alone, the DDP would have saved us money....
This trip we ate at all different places than in May just to try some new stuff.

TS reviews:
Cape May Cafe breakfast - Great! :) We got there early and got to meet all the characters multiple times in a very relaxed atmosphere. Good food and service.

Coral Reef dinner - Good food and atmosphere. We were seated right next to the aquarium. DS2.5 fell in love with our waitress (Leah:love: ) who was very attentive. He spent half his time watching the fish and the other half looking for her! DH and I shared meals - the blackened catfish and the mahi mahi. Catfish meal was delicious. Mahi mahi just ok - sauce a bit too sweet. Would have liked to have appetizers because we weren't impressed with portion size (would have had appetizers if on DDP). DS had the pizza meal with carrots/celery and apples. He loves veggies and fruit so he ate a good amount of everything. We shared a chocolate wave - it was wonderful!

Chef Mickey's dinner - We had a much better experience than we did here for breakfast in May. Food was pretty good, but we didn't like the ribs that everyone seems to rave about. I loved the parm mashed potatoes and seafood salad. Service was better than in May. We did meet all the characters this time - last time it was just too crowded and crazy so we left before they all got to us.

Ohana - Chicken wings and fried wontons with dipping sauces were amazing:yay: !!! The steak was good. Pork was dry, sausage without flavor. We were seated right next to the walkway where the kids activities take place and had parents draped all over us, our table, and our food while they tried to take pics of their kids:sad2: . Also, people stood in front of us and blocked our view of Wishes (we had purposely scheduled our ADRs to watch and asked for a table with MK view). Overall, we did not enjoy the experience:eek: .

Beaches and Cream - This place is way too small. Service was bad. DH had a burger and fries - he said it was worse than burgers in the parks. I had the french dip sandwich which was ok. DH's milkshake was good.

Big River Grille - DS had grilled cheese and fries and ate the fries but not much of the sandwich. DH had the ribs, he thought they were so-so. I had a dinner salad but I can't even remember what was on it - it was ok, very big and I couldn't finish it. We ate outside, it was a bit chilly and quite buggy. I ended up with bug bites all over my feet and ankles. The beer was great though - I had the lightest beer and DH had the red and the pale ale. All were tasty.

CS reviews:
Cosmic Rays - We all had burgers and fries. We love the toppings bar but hated that we had to pay for cheese sauce this time!!! We sat on the patio with a great view of the castle.

Restaurantosaurus - It's McDonalds, what can I say other than that the lady taking our order was incredibly rude and the place was absolutely packed.

Harry Ramsden's - Portion too small, fish and chips good.

Columbia Harbor House - I had the chicken/pineapple/pecan/feta salad which was quite good, but all the chicken was oddly on the bottom. At first, I thought they had forgotten the chicken but DH said that people had come up to the counter while he was waiting for the food asking "where's the chicken?" and the CMs said it was all on the bottom. So I had to fish through the salad to get bites with chicken. DH and DS split the chicken and fish meal. Portion too small, fish very dry, chicken ok.

Pizza Planet and Pizzafari - DS and DH ate at these while I was at my conference. DH reports that the pizza was good, but not a lot of selection. Service at Pizzafari was excellent.

Boardwalk Bakery - DS and DH split an egg sandwich which they really liked. DH had a cinnamon roll which was ok. I had a croissant and split a chocolate chip muffin with DS, both were tasty.

Conference food:
Just FYI if you ever attend a conference at WDW (this was at YC). We had typical continental breakfast fare in the mornings - bagels with toaster available, croissants, muffins, danishes, fruit, yogurt, and juice. The zucchini muffins were delicious. For the only lunch I had at the conference, there was pasta and pizza. There was a cheese ravioli with a very good sauce and cavatelli with red sauce which was pretty unremarkable. The pizza was quite good - I really liked the BBQ chicken pizza. There were other varieties including meat, cheese, seafood, and I think a Mexican pizza. They had a variety of little desserts.

All in all...we came away from this trip eager to go back to Cape May breakfast (if we were staying in the area) and Coral Reef (on the DDP). Our May trip generated more favorites with Kona Cafe, GG, and LTT (lunch).

Ohana - Chicken wings and fried wontons with dipping sauces were amazing:yay: !!! The steak was good. Pork was dry, sausage without flavor. We were seated right next to the walkway where the kids activities take place and had parents draped all over us, our table, and our food while they tried to take pics of their kids:sad2: . Also, people stood in front of us and blocked our view of Wishes (we had purposely scheduled our ADRs to watch and asked for a table with MK view). Overall, we did not enjoy the experience:eek: .

Maybe its just me, but~ I wouldnt just quietly allow people to crowd my table, or even block the slightest corner of the view from the table I was sitting at:headache: I would kindly ask the very rude person imposing on us to move it. If they wouldnt, I would have had to get management involved immediately. If that didnt get the strangers away from our table, I would have to get loud, causing a scene, unfortunately taking away from everyone elses experiences :mad: Maybe I am just a horrible person, but IMO, it is not ANYONES right to crowd me at the table I waited for. I don't care if Captain Jack Sparrow is joining my fam at our table for dinner:laughing: EVERYONE ELSE WILL BACK OFF one way or another:rolleyes1

BTW, thx for sharing your reviews:flower3:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Maybe its just me, but~ I wouldnt just quietly allow people to crowd my table, or even block the slightest corner of the view from the table I was sitting at:headache: I would kindly ask the very rude person imposing on us to move it. If they wouldnt, I would have had to get management involved immediately. If that didnt get the strangers away from our table, I would have to get loud, causing a scene, unfortunately taking away from everyone elses experiences :mad: Maybe I am just a horrible person, but IMO, it is not ANYONES right to crowd me at the table I waited for. I don't care if Captain Jack Sparrow is joining my fam at our table for dinner:laughing: EVERYONE ELSE WILL BACK OFF one way or another:rolleyes1

BTW, thx for sharing your reviews:flower3:

You're right, we could have done that...however, there were seriously 6 or more people packed around our table for 3. We weren't up for arguing with that many people and causing that scene. Frankly, I did a lot of "accidental" bumping and pushing back when these parents physically encroached on my personal space - yes, some were actually pushing against me/bumping me and one woman's hair was in our bowl of vegetables (I did make her move and she did apologize). As far as the folks blocking the fireworks view, we did make a comment to them and they moved after a while (but not immediately) and we ended up manuevering our DS so he could see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter