Review of Silver Lake Resort Kissimmee FL

HGLightlyj

Mouseketeer
We stayed at Silver Lake Silver Points through a Skyauction certificate 10/22-10/29. We are DVC owners so usually stay on site. We stayed in Bldg. 900 in a small 1 BR lock-off. I thought it was great!! After reading some of the reviews, I had low expectations and it was really nice. Extremely clean - floors, dishes, linens. I usually will run a load of dishes right away but it wasn't necessary in this unit. Small but very adequate kitchen with granite counters and all the necessary equipment. Tile floors in great room, carpet in BR. Flat screen tv in both rooms. No shabby or worn appearance. Bedroom linens were just fine. Screened porch opening off the GR and BR. The whole resort is beautiful and very well maintained. Security at front and back gates there all the time checking folks. We weren't bothered with timeshare calls. Location was excellent. In 5 minutes we were at AK. Loved the location. I would stay there again in a minute! :goodvibes

i stayed there last year and never realized that it was only about half a mile from the AKL.

nothing fancy but clean and a good location bordering disney property near AK and also close to some off-property restaurants and a target.

We LOVE Silver Lake. We've been there twice and are going again in May!

WE have a HUGE 2 bedroom - with washer/dryer, etc. for (get this) 397 total for the week - INCLUDING taxes! woo hoo!:)

thanks for the review! We r staying in June and I am worried about staying off property. Is is really as close as they say to AK? Currently, we have a 1 bedroom full kitchen booked. I was under the impression it had 2 bathrooms. Did your 1 bedroom?

We had 1 bath in our 1 bedroom condo. I was surprised at how close Silver Springs is to AK. Seems like it was five minutes or less to AK. We were in the newer section and very close to the back exit that we used most of the time. I would stay at Silver Springs again without hesitation.

We love staying here as you go right out the back gate, up the road a few blocks and you are right at the gate to Animal Kingdom! If you use the back gate to exit the property, you save a lot of time then going out the front entrance and down the busy highway! It's really easy and very convenient. We have stayed here alot and only trouble we ever had was with an outlet they weren't able to repair! Otherwise, a great time. We have also attended the timeshare presentation and found the salespeople we had very low pressure. We have only had a one bedroom once and it had one bathroom but had an entrance from the bedroom as well as a door to the LR. (not a very big bathroom in the one bedroom though)

Woohoo! I just got off the phone with Silver Lake. We booked a 1 bedroom 6/4. I asked could they describe the room. He said it was what he considers the nicest rooms on property. It's as big as a 2 bedroom at almost 1500 sq ft. But instead of the 2nd bedroom, the developer put in 2 living rooms. It also has 2 bathrooms, and a 50 inch Plasma TV in one of the living rooms. And there are 3 TV's total. He made me feel really good about the resort and I am excited to go!:banana:

Hey we are owners at Silver Lake resort and I shall be staying in one of these 1 bedroom units in a couple of weeks. I will PM you some photos upon my return if you would like. We love Silver Lake, it is a great quiet resort, with great easy access to all the parks. Our units over the years have always be extremely clean. We are extremely happy with our ownership here in fact we now own 3 weeks at this resort.

I just booked here for our trip in June. I am so excited to try it especially at the rate of $394 taxes and all for a week for a 2 bedroom.

I could not find a deal on Disney property that could match or beat this even with the parking costs. Also nice for the kids to have a separate room and be able to go to sleep when they are tired.

I just booked here for our trip in June. I am so excited to try it especially at the rate of $394 taxes and all for a week for a 2 bedroom.

I could not find a deal on Disney property that could match or beat this even with the parking costs. Also nice for the kids to have a separate room and be able to go to sleep when they are tired.

You will really enjoy Silver Lake Resort, we own 3 weeks there and look forward every year to returning to our home resort. Have a great time:)

If you could post some pics that would be GREAT!!! Thank-u!!

Hey Deb I sent you a PM I have some great photos of the 1 bedroom 2 bath unit for you. This was the first time we stayed in one of these units on the resort. I was extremely big for a one bedroom.

How did you book this? I would like a link or web site that you used. Thanks.

Just checking in to see if anyone has stayed at Silver Lakes recently? If so, can you post a review?

Thanks!

Silver Lake was one of the off site properties we were looking into for our past trip. It is so nice to see another great review for this resort as it is definitely still on the top of our list for off site resorts to consider including Wyndham Bonnett Creek. I read a review for Silver Lake on Trip Advisor and the reviewer said they could see the Expedition Everest mountain from the parking lot. A lot of other reviewers commented on how close this resort is to Animal Kingdom which is a definite plus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter