Review for Chef De France

I was there just over a week ago! :) Here's what I had:

Appetizer -
Soupe a l'oignon gratinee - The classic onion soup topped with Gruyere cheese. - $5.95

Entree -
Baked cod fish with lobster mousse, on shallots - there was something else too..Not too sure what. I guess their menu changes quite often.

Dessert
Tarte au chocolat - Chocolate tart with chantilly vanilla cream and praline sauce. - $6.95

Everything was great. Everyone I was with really enjoyed everthing they had! Great meal...very busy in there but it was worth it!

Yes had the escargots last year during free dining. They were very good! The main reason trying to go to Chefs this year.

We love it here! I also tried the escargots this past Feb. I have never tried them before. They were very good. I ordered the beef tenderloin for my entree and the creme brulee for dessert. Everything was delicious and we had excellent service!

We were there last November and loved it. Beautiful surroundings and a wonderful waiter. Nothing bad at all to say about the place. :thumbsup2 I had a salad to start which was lovely and the vegetarian lasagne for the main course which was gorgeous!!! What really impressed me was the fish and chips on the kids menu - very generous portions and the fish was healthier than a lot of kids meals on offer in WDW. We loved it!

What does escargot taste similar to? What is the texture?

We ate at Chefs last night! :thumbsup2
I will write my review.
DH did nothave escargot last night. But he ate some during the Food & Wine Fest. He thought they were very good. Had I not ordered the appetizer I did last night, he might have ordered escagot last night.

I have had my fair share of french onion soup in my life, plenty of times in france even, and I must say Chefs de France has without a doubt one of the best I've ever had!

Hello MLA:goodvibes
We have ADR for Chefs for out trip in May. I don't think we'll end up going because of the prices, but if we do, I'll definitely give you a review.

We had lunch in mid March and it was very good. We had a great window table sort of on the porch. Service was very good. The onion soup was as good as others have raved about.

We went for dinner last week and loved it! Excellent service. I had the goat cheese salad and filet. Both wonderful. My husband had the house salad and a fish wrapped with potato. He loved it. My son had the kid's pasta/chicken dish and proclaimed that he "loves French chicken." We shared protiferoles for dessert. It was a great dinner!

Did they have the nice table clothes again? They were gone in November. It really made it look shabbby.

enjoying the thread--we are trying it for the first time next week and looking for lunch pointers!

I am glad to see a lot of people liking this restaurant. I booked it last night as part of our June trip dining. My DH wanted Le Cellier, but it was booked the ENTIRE time we will be there. So I put Chefs de France in its place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter