Review - Disney Girl’s Perfectly Princess Tea Party

Does anyone have any update on whether all the girls are given the Aurora doll? Or some other doll? (I'm asking because I just reserved this, and my daughter is black . . . and being handed a blonde doll is a little awkward. I'm gathering that Tiana -- or Jasmine -- isn't an option. ;-) )

Does anyone have any update on whether all the girls are given the Aurora doll? Or some other doll? (I'm asking because I just reserved this, and my daughter is black . . . and being handed a blonde doll is a little awkward. I'm gathering that Tiana -- or Jasmine -- isn't an option. ;-) )

Every little princess gets the Aurora doll because Aurora is the royal guest and storytelling focus of the tea. The doll is waiting for each family as they're shown to their tables. I just did the tea with my youngest last month and very little has changed since my mom took my older DD in 2005.

A few more recent pictures, taken Dec 15, 2013.

Royal welcome from Rose Petal:
11557680885_115b2e671c.jpg

Adult plate:
11557830896_c15114ebf3.jpg

Kids' plate:
11557694355_9d1cecbe82.jpg

Cake:
11557731444_2203ce45e4.jpg

Sipping "tea" (apple juice) in her new crown and charm bracelet:
11557827176_3c0c7d1c84.jpg

Loving her new doll:
11557819366_071667cac9.jpg

Character interaction:
11557704695_f552afcfbc.jpg

11557707885_6868d3bd0b.jpg

Great photos Colleen!

So glad Rose Petal is the same we loved on our first trip 5 years ago. We really enjoyed it. Our Princess Tea days are over, but we have such lovely memories of our 2 visits there. :goodvibes

Wow, this is the first time I heard about this event. I am taking DD there in couple year. She is 8 month right now, :)

OP, thank you for sharing. Your daughter is beautiful. She has such a great smile!

For those who have done this recently, is there a Photopass photographer there?

For those who have done this recently, is there a Photopass photographer there?

Unfortunately, no. There was a PP photographer at the very end for a posed photo outside the gift shop on the second floor, but not one available during the actual tea. I was pretty disappointed with our PP photos all around, and that upstairs shot was a great example of why - she had the girls pose in an old fashioned high-backed chair with windows behind it, which was a lovely setting, but didn't compensate for the terribly backlit conditions so the shot really didn't come out well.

Great review! Your daughter is so pretty, glad you made some great memories! We did the tea when my daughter was about the same age, had a great time and got some wonderful pictures! I am taking her back during our June trip on her 10th birthday, my how time flys! We are going to do the standard afternoon tea, but so glad I took her back when she was in love with the princesses!

This is so helpful! DD is going to be 3 when we go in November this year. I'm on the fence about taking her with myself and my mother going too. :confused3 I'm sure its a beautiful and wonderful time but I'm not sure she is old enough to really appreciate it. She would certainly sit and behave and follow directions well enough but she will still be a young 3. On the other hand I don't think we will do disney again until she is older and who knows if she will even want to do this again. We also will probably do Disneyland next time. This makes me itch to do it! lol. Your DD is so beautiful!

Has anyone priced this experience recently? I called yesterday to book and the price was almost $100 more than when I called to check the price two weeks ago. When I called for pricing on 09/09/14, I was quoted $250 for 1 child + 1 adult and $85 for an additional adult. Yesterday when I called, I was told the price was $234 for 1 child only and $98 for each adult attending. I know prices increase but this seems like a rather large increase. How anyone booked recently? Thanks!

Has anyone priced this experience recently? I called yesterday to book and the price was almost $100 more than when I called to check the price two weeks ago. When I called for pricing on 09/09/14, I was quoted $250 for 1 child + 1 adult and $85 for an additional adult. Yesterday when I called, I was told the price was $234 for 1 child only and $98 for each adult attending. I know prices increase but this seems like a rather large increase. How anyone booked recently? Thanks!

I did it in march. I don't remember the exact price but I thought it was around 275 for me and my daughter after tax. I would call back as you might've gotten a bad CM.

Thanks jenseib! Unfortunately, I just called back and was given the exact same information as yestertday- $234 for 1 child only and $98 for each adult.

That is a big price increase! I went to check the Disney site and the pricing and ability to book online are gone. Seems like they are making changes...again.

We are going in November. I booked last May. Our cost was very close to the price you were quoted on 9/9 (250 + 85). Our grand total was $389.70 including tax and tip for 2 adults and 1 child.

Thanks for the review! It does look so magical and I am on the fence about bringing my DD 4.5 because of the cost. You might have swayed me :)
Also, where did you get your daughter's dress? It is so unique!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter