Review AllStars Windsor Hills home-AWFUL

totallytigger

DIS Veteran
We rented a vacation home in Windsor Hills 3/10-3/18 from Allstar Vacation Homes. We will NEVER do that again!! The afternoon that we checked in we started finding cockroaches in the kitchen!! I called the office and was told that one of their people would come out the next day to do what they could and then the contracted company would come out Monday to do more. A guy came Sunday but no one showed up Monday. I called back Tuesday am to report a continued problem and was told that I would get a call that pm from management--never happened!! Wed am--the guy that sprayed Sunday was driving by the house and stopped when he saw us outside. I told him about the cont. problem and no return calls. He then put me on the phone with office and I was told contracted company would come out Thurs. They came and sprayed Thurs. Last roach killed Fri am!! We ran out of propane for grill Thurs night. When maintenance replaced it Fri am they also placed garden hose in pool to add water. By 2:30pm-- no one had returned to turn water off!! Thank goodness my Mom was there--or pool would have overflowed!! We've had better accomodations for alot less than the $400 per night that we payed for this roach motel!! :mad:

Sorry to hear that. Next time try going direct to an owner through sites like vrbo and homeaway. You'll skip the middle-man mark-up and hopefully have a better experience if any problems arise.

What a terrible experience. The homeowner will be relying on their managemnt company to take care of their property, and may not be aware of the level of service they are getting for their guests.

Totallytigger,

We too are disappointed that the home you rented did not meet your expectations. It is always our intention to provide the very best vacation home experience for all guests. While certain types of weather does increase the opportunity for pests, our team maintains a preventative schedule and routine pest control for each property, and your experience is not typical of what a guest would encounter staying in our homes. We apologize for any inconvenience to you or your family, and any lost time you spent reporting these issues during your stay. Our team would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further to earn an opportunity to serve you again in the future. Our Guest Services Manager will be in contact with you, or we can be reached at 1-877-898-2119.

The ALL STAR Vacation Homes Team

So sorry to hear about your awful experiences. We've had nearly perfect vacations the 5 times we've stayed in the pool homes we rented directly from the owners. Found tiny ants around the kitchen trash can one year, called the local manager who came and got rid of them while we were at the parks.
What shocked me the most was that you paid $400 per night. Granted, $400 can be a great deal compared to the price of hotels, but we rent 5 and 6 bedroom pool homes for about half that.
Thanks for taking the time to post your review. It's important to all of us to know how these companies respond.

What shocked me the most was that you paid $400 per night.

That shocked me as well. I've only checked offseason prices, and I'm guessing totallytigger went at the height of spring break, but I'd never before heard of anyone paying that much for offsite. Yet another example that price doesn't always reflect quality, I guess. :confused3

I have stayed in Windsor Hills and Formosa Gardens through AllStar. The first experience with them at Windsor Hills we had a few minor issues that they fixed fairly quicky and were not a big deal, ex. smoke detector chipping low battery. The first trip wasn't bad, so we went through AllStar again almost a year later. Our second stay in Formsa Gardens was horrible. I believe they are the most expensive management company, most "5 star" properties they rent are over $400/night. The house in Formosa was in terrible shape, I can't imagine what the 3 & 4 star rated houses looked like. It was dirty, as soon as you walked in the front door the banister on the stairs was sticking out broken. Something a quality control inspector should have seen immediately if they infact did inspect this house in between stays. Again we had the chirping smoke detector, a broken blender, bathroom floor mats smelled like urine...We stayed 8 nights in Windsor and 10 nights in Formosa, and the pool was never cleaned during either stay, even though there is a sign in the pool area that says its cleaned every 7 days. When we arrived in Formosa the pool was cold and they stated they do not turn the pool heater on until the day you arrive and it can take a day or two to heat up. The Formsa pool was broken and they sent someone to check it but they couldn't fix it that night. The rest of the trip the entire pool, not just the hot tub/spa part was 110 degrees! My son couldn't even go into the pool because it was too hot(in January/Feb)! They must have regular issues with the pools in Formsa as we saw many trucks delivering pool parts to various homes around us. All in all, we will not be using AllStar again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!