Restaurant recs for 9 year old boy?

Just ate at T Rex. Loudest restaurant I have ever been in. But a lot of 9 year old males who seemed happy.

Yes on Boma. At DHS will Pizza Rizzo be open by then?

We were at WDW a year ago to celebrate DS8 birthday. Our TS were TRex, HDDR, BOG, Akershus, O'Hana breakfast and Mama Melrose. DS really enjoyed all of them but HDDR and O'hana were his favorites. The character interaction at O'Hana was top notch and he had an absolute blast at HDDR. The princesses at Akershus simply GUSHED over him when they came through and our waitress was incredible

I've been trying to sneakily ask him what his favorites were from our trip 2 years ago for his sister's birthday. His favorite? Dinner in the castle with the princesses! He was dressed as Prince Charming, so he was a big hit :-)

My son's (age 10 last year we went) favorite place to eat is the Coral Reef. That's was his #1 pick to go back to when we go in Nov. The aquarium and atmosphere is great & and my family enjoys the food there.

Y'all, I may have to get the deluxe dining plan! So many good suggestions and we only have 6 days :P

My 9 year old boy is very vocal in his restaurant choices at WDW. Here are his favorite restaurants:
Crystal Palace in MK (even though characters are for younger crowd)
Sci-Fi Dine Inn at HS (loves the atmosphere)
50's Prime time in HS (likes the sundaes and milkshakes and cool setting)
Ohana' for dinner (loves the food!)
Kona Cafe for breakfast (because of Tonga Toast)
Tusker House in AK for breakfast (loves the food and characters)
T-Rex in DS (loves the dinosaur anamatronics)
Beirgarten in EP (big fan of sausages)
Aloha Isle for Dole whip/float.

Last edited:
My son went last year at age 9 and this year at age 10. Granted, we didn't make him always order from the kid menu, so he may have a different perspective if we did
He enjoyed:
Sci Fi
Raglan Road (he's a bit of a foodie, and just loved this place)
Cape May breakfast (crepe station)
1900 PF breakfast (he likes buffets, getting whatever he wants is a big deal)
Yachtsman (loved Mickey puzzle dessert)
Mama Melrose (we had fantasmic package since he is 10, he ordered adult stuff)
Via Napoli
Ohana dinner
Yak n Yeti
San Angel Inn

If you are on the dining plan and he is on the kid plan, but he has more an adult appetite or tastes...you can either upgrade him to adult on the dining plan and tickets (expensive) or choose a lot of buffets and AYCTE places

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter