Restaurant Help

Jasesmom

Mouseketeer
Okay moms, I'm stressed out with the dining reservations! This is what I have so far! What do you think?

1900 Park Fare-dinner
Be Our Guest -lunch
The Crystal Palace-dinner
Cape May-breakfast
Chef Mickey-dinner
'Ohana-breakfast

I think they look great!

We've done them all but BOG and 'Ohana.

My favourite out of all of those would probably be Cape May. It was one of the only places that I've seen the chocolate version of the Mickey Head waffle (if there are other places, PLEASE let me know!!!), and the boy and I both got a kick out of seeing the characters in their swimming attire.

Have only tried BOG (lunch & dinner), Ohana, Crystal Palace & Chef Mickey. Loved all but Chef Mickey. If I did Chef Mickey again I would do a breakfast. Dinner buffet was just ok.

Hope you have a great trip!!!!

Cape May not one of the populars? I'm beyond excited for this trip! A first for both of us :)
Oh, it is popular. But, it's not common. It's hard to get to for breakfast unless you are staying there. You have to park hop very early in the morning or take a taxi. Ive never eaten there as a result (rather I focused on places like 1900 and Chef Mickeys).

That said, it's booked for my next trip (and I'm at AoA) <wink>

You guys are gonna have a blast!

Oh, it is popular. But, it's not common. It's hard to get to for breakfast unless you are staying there. You have to park hop very early in the morning or take a taxi. Ive never eaten there as a result (rather I focused on places like 1900 and Chef Mickeys).

That said, it's booked for my next trip (and I'm at AoA) <wink>

You guys are gonna have a blast!

My original plan was to eat there the morning of the cruise. Well they only had a later booking and would really like to be on the road to Port Canaveral earlier. So I swapped it with Ohana :) Is Ohana hard to get to from BCV? I will be driving my car that morning since we will leave right after breakfast!

My original plan was to eat there the morning of the cruise. Well they only had a later booking and would really like to be on the road to Port Canaveral earlier. So I swapped it with Ohana :) Is Ohana hard to get to from BCV? I will be driving my car that morning since we will leave right after breakfast!
If driving it will be a piece of cake for you guys. That said, are you driving to the Port?

Still on the fence!!! I cant decide if I want off site (to save money) or at the port (convenience)... AH the decisions!
Off site is fine, from what I understand, as long as you plan for the extra time.

I...personally...have not done it. I bookend the cruise with WDW, and rely on DCL transit.

Love chef mickey for breakfast...Crystal palace a fav too. We also like Tusker House in An and the rotating restaurant in Epcot that slipped my mind for name right now. If your little one likes fish the restaurant at the living seas...again name escapes me was fun at lunch...I thought it too expensive and "fancy" at dinner with Colin when he was younger.
I wasn't all that impresses with 1900...although Prince Charming was cute. Loved BOG...we did this when it first opened and just had cupcakes..hehe. It is on our list to do again.
We haven't done the other two on your list.

Ok, I have a question...

Is it mandatory to make meal reservations?

I've been to WDW more than I can count as a kid, every Christmas holiday in high school, because our chorus sang there every year, and as a teacher on field trips. However, I don't ever remember needing to pre-plan meals. You just found a restaurant in the park that you liked, grabbed your food, then sat at any empty table. Is that no longer how it works?

Additional info: the last time I was at WDW was 2002 when I chaperoned Grad Nite. I've also never stayed at a WDW resort. As a kid, we always stayed at a hotel offsite. As a chaperone, those were only day trips (arrive early morning, return home after the park closed).

So, it seems I need to be brought up to date on the current process. Lol

The good restaurants book up well in advance, so if there is a certain place you want to eat at I would book in advance (up to 180 days). That's not to say that you can't get to a park and not be able to find a table service restaurant to eat at. It will also depend on time of year and crowds. Hope this helps!

Ok, I have a question...

Is it mandatory to make meal reservations?

I've been to WDW more than I can count as a kid, every Christmas holiday in high school, because our chorus sang there every year, and as a teacher on field trips. However, I don't ever remember needing to pre-plan meals. You just found a restaurant in the park that you liked, grabbed your food, then sat at any empty table. Is that no longer how it works?

Additional info: the last time I was at WDW was 2002 when I chaperoned Grad Nite. I've also never stayed at a WDW resort. As a kid, we always stayed at a hotel offsite. As a chaperone, those were only day trips (arrive early morning, return home after the park closed).

So, it seems I need to be brought up to date on the current process. Lol

Walk up or counter service (fast food) is just show up pick up your food and find a table. The table service restaurants and character meals (have to seated and have a server that should be tipped) fill up really fast and so reservation are usually a good idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter