Resorts all booked - any recommendations?

Jetku

DIS Veteran
DW, DD16mo, and I are planning a spontaneous trip for my 30th birthday! This needs to be a budget friendly trip, but on-site is a must. Flights are booked through Southwest on points, but all of the Disney value resorts are booked solid! Excluding suites of course. We are planning to go February 11 - 13.

Does anyone have any recommended tips or strategies for finding inventory elsewhere, or just keep trying back?

Thanks!

DW, DD16mo, and I are planning a spontaneous trip for my 30th birthday! This needs to be a budget friendly trip, but on-site is a must. Flights are booked through Southwest on points, but all of the Disney value resorts are booked solid! Excluding suites of course. We are planning to go February 11 - 13.

Does anyone have any recommended tips or strategies for finding inventory elsewhere, or just keep trying back?

Thanks!

All Sports is available on Orbitz for those dates, I just checked. $79 per night. Darn good price!!

Coronado Springs has availability...It is like $180 on hotels .Com .

The other thing you could try is renting Disney Vacation Club points. Your stay would cost 30 points at Old Key West or Saratoga Springs. Depending on the point cost, usually between $12-15 per point, your stay would be $120-150 per night. There are no taxes when renting points, sometimes a payment fee, like with PayPal. There's a section in these forums for DVC and there are other sites that rent points. We did it in 2013 and really thought it worked great!

I believe it is way too late to rent point for this February. Maybe OKW or SSR, but that would involve some luck

Coronado Springs has availability...It is like $180 on hotels .Com .

The other thing you could try is renting Disney Vacation Club points. Your stay would cost 30 points at Old Key West or Saratoga Springs. Depending on the point cost, usually between $12-15 per point, your stay would be $120-150 per night. There are no taxes when renting points, sometimes a payment fee, like with PayPal. There's a section in these forums for DVC and there are other sites that rent points. We did it in 2013 and really thought it worked great!

Renting points at this stage would be one lucky feat!

OP- I would book a moderate wherever one is available. That or stay off site. If your dates are set, and your flights booked, you are kind of in a corner a month out.

If you use Orbitz, use the current promo code (it's on their main page). That will get you another 15% off. Couple other ideas for you. One would be try out the Wyndham. I'm not sure if you would consider that on site or not, but it's pretty much there. Another would be to think about doing a camp ground. Disney says they will only rent tents/cots to groups, but a lot of times they have extras and have no problem renting to individuals. A site, tent, and a couple cots will probably run you close to $100.

If you use Orbitz, use the current promo code (it's on their main page). That will get you another 15% off. Couple other ideas for you. One would be try out the Wyndham. I'm not sure if you would consider that on site or not, but it's pretty much there. Another would be to think about doing a camp ground. Disney says they will only rent tents/cots to groups, but a lot of times they have extras and have no problem renting to individuals. A site, tent, and a couple cots will probably run you close to $100.

There are also groups that rent RVs and will set them up for you at Fort Wilderness. You pay for the site rental at Fort Wilderness and the rental for the RV, and they take care of the setup and teardown.

Are you a AAA member? Maybe they can help you out? One of your credit cards maybe? Fort Wilderness also has cabins, or go for a moderate.

Thanks!

Are you just checking online or did you call them to check for availability ? Given your flights are already booked and your dates are not flexible, I'd call Disney myself to see if there was any availability.

According to TriVaGo dot com, the best rate you'll get on property is CSR, next is the Swan/Dolphin. I recommend booking through a site that gives you discount. I found Cheaptickets dot come will give 16% off CANTWAIT. Not sure if any other site has a discount code. Good luck!

Are you just checking online or did you call them to check for availability ? Given your flights are already booked and your dates are not flexible, I'd call Disney myself to see if there was any availability.

I called and checked online, along with a variety of sites. My travel agent has an "agency exclusive" offer for Pop, so I emailed her to book. Hoping she's able to do it!

According to TriVaGo dot com, the best rate you'll get on property is CSR, next is the Swan/Dolphin. I recommend booking through a site that gives you discount. I found Cheaptickets dot come will give 16% off CANTWAIT. Not sure if any other site has a discount code. Good luck!

Thanks for the code! If my TA can't book it, I'll use this code for a moderate.

I called and checked online, along with a variety of sites. My travel agent has an "agency exclusive" offer for Pop, so I emailed her to book. Hoping she's able to do it!

Thanks for the code! If my TA can't book it, I'll use this code for a moderate.

Let us know how it works out! pixiedust:

When you say "all of the Disney value resorts are booked solid" does that mean that this period of february WDW is going to be pretty crowded? :O

Isn't that Lincoln's Birthday weekend? Perhaps a lot of people have that Monday off.

Lincoln's birthday hasn't been a separate holiday for decades (I vaguely remember it being the case when I was in school in the '70s); it's combined with Washington's birthday as Presidents' Day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter