Resort Photo Session FAQ

Does anyone else have pics from a Poly session?

My fiancé and I are going to WDW in September. We don't have that many good shots of us as a couple, so we're thinking of doing a session at the Poly and using them as our engagement photos.

Thoughts? Has anyone done a resort session as engagement pics?

Sorry, I have no idea how to post a picture but just wanted to give some feedback. Last Sept. my family of 4 did the session at the Poly-we were very pleased. I had gone ahead and did the cd package. Fast foward-I finally took the plunge and ordered 3 of my favs in 16x20 canvas for our living room and was worried how the quality would be once they were blown up-They look great!!! Nice and clear. Now on the the arguement of value-I pd 99 for the cd and caught a sale on the canvas so the 3 canvas's were 124 shipped-totalling 225ish-that is a value-most studios will charge you a sitting fee and almost that much for 1 canvas.

Our trip to Pop is on April 3rd.

We have booked through Disney too. With 3 of our trips they were packages with tickets and dining. Never got a booklet. Then we had planned to go to Disney last Dec. I had one night booked for AKL, room only, and then a package at Pop. Only got a booklet for AKL. It was nice and had that discount in the back. But unfortunately, we had to postpone that trip due to DH's surgery. Now we have a room only for Pop and recieved the booklet again, but the discounts on the back are for something from a sunglass place and 10% off at Ghiradli (sp?).
Code:
Maybe the discount is only for deluxe guests?
Though I thought I read in the past that others got them, even when they weren't deluxe.

I think if you go into Disney site and make a vacation and save it (which I do al lthe time btw...LOL) you have a possible chance of getting a PIN. Sometimes I will get an email about that particular resort too. Again, never anything by mail though. I think the guys at Disney like to keep us guessing.

Just got our booklet & no coupons or special offers:(

Does anyone else have pics from a Poly session?

My fiancé and I are going to WDW in September. We don't have that many good shots of us as a couple, so we're thinking of doing a session at the Poly and using them as our engagement photos.

Thoughts? Has anyone done a resort session as engagement pics?

We had ours done at the Poly. The four pics in my siggie are from that session. I haven't uploaded any of the others to Photobucket yet so i can't post more right now. That would make for some lovely engagement photos though. Also, when we first met the photographer she asked us if there were any specific shots we wanted her to do so they are very open to work with you and if you know what you want it makes it easier (and better use of your time). We ended up with 80 pics in 20 minutes. I had my eyes closed in two of them. The rest were all worth printing. :thumbsup2

I don't know if someone posted it but the price have changed. Ijust made an appointment and now you can book 1 YEAR in advance and the pictures are no longer then by photopass photographer. They are now taken by Disney Photography. The change took place a few weeks ago. It's $99 +tax ($106) for the 20 minutes session and $300 or $350 for the hour session but it comes with retouches on your photos. |You no longer wait for the cd, you have to go back to the resort between 5 & 7 pm to pick it up. You no longer can order only prints, you only get the cd. Pictures are taken from 7:30 -11:30 and then from 3:00-7:00pm. You need to arrive 15 minutes before your appointment and if you are more then 2 minutes later then the session, you will need to reschedule. The depot when making the appointment is $25 and they take the balance 1 week prior to appointment.

Hope this helps

When did they make the changes? I tried to book for our May/June trip in February and they told me to wait till March because they weren't booking yet.

So it is $99 +tax for 20 minutes?

Also, tell me how to post a pic, please. I have uploaded them to photobucket...now what. I have Poly picts to share.

DisneyPhotoImage38.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage26.jpg

Image0562.jpg

Image0525.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage79.jpg

When did they make the changes? I tried to book for our May/June trip in February and they told me to wait till March because they weren't booking yet.

Also, tell me how to post a pic, please. I have uploaded them to photobucket...now what. I have Poly picts to share.

Apparently it changed a few weeks ago. I too called back in February for May and was told to wait until March. I would say it probably changed the 1st of March therefor why they weren't taking appointments.

Nice pictures BTW. That's where I scheduled our photos. I can't wait.

We are gonna do it again this trip. I'm thinking of Beach Club. Not sure yet. I haven't seen very many pictures to make my final decision. The other choice is Grand Floridian.

We loved our pictures...we sured them for our family as gifts & on our Christmas cards. We were quite pleased.

Thats weird...because last fall they changed to 180 days out I think. At least 90 for sure, but I thought it was 180. Lots of people were making Dec reservations in Sept.

I love your pictures. Where did you get your girls dresses?

We are gonna do it again this trip. I'm thinking of Beach Club. Not sure yet. I haven't seen very many pictures to make my final decision. The other choice is Grand Floridian.

We loved our pictures...we sured them for our family as gifts & on our Christmas cards. We were quite pleased.

We had DD#1's senior pictures taken last June at the Beach Club.
ry3D404.jpg

ry3D405.jpg

ry3D401.jpg
ry3D402.jpg

ry3D400.jpg

Here's a few more to give you an idea about the different places around the Beach Club he used.
ry3D4006.jpg

ry3D4004.jpg

ry3D4801.jpg

I'm SO EXCITED! (Yes I'm yelling!) I booked my family photos today. I chose this time the Beach club.

May have things changed... 20 minutes 106.45 with tax ($25 up front- non-refundable) Pick CD up between 5-9pm.

I can NOT wait!!!:yay::banana:

mommysteig- Thank you for posting! I like those pics. Interesting backgrounds. Seems several to choose from. I am way too excited!

DD#1 decided she wanted to try this instead of the portrait studio for her senior pictures and I am so glad she did. He took about 150 pictures around the resort, on the beach and near Stormalong Bay. We are planning on doing this again for family portraits this summer and I am so excited!!

It looks like we will be in the World around the same time -- we will be there 5/29-6/9:cool1: I plan to schedule our photo session on either on 5/30 or 5/31.

We scheduled for our family session on May 30th at 8:30am. Maybe we will see you there:goodvibes. If you get bored...I would love to see any other pictures you have.

I called to book our session for 9:00 am on 5/30 - he let me know there was a session before us so don't be surprised if the photographer isn't there right when we get there -- imagine my surprise when I logged on to reply and it is your family:lmao:

I just noticed your username -- my favorite character is Eeyore!! Too funny!!

Here are a few more pics:
ry3D409.jpg

ry3D411.jpg

ry3D410.jpg

I think she got it at TrenD in DTD but I will double check with her to make sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter