Reservations? We don't need no stinking reservations, we do it TODD'S way! COMPLETE

I am so enjoying your report. Cant wait to hear about 50's PT going there for the first time in August and I am looking foward to the fried chicken Myself

still loving this - the sandwiches at POFQ look amazing. Shame that Todd is giving non-planning a good name. Won't be showing this trip report to dh or he mmight get the same idea. :goodvibes:

Glad that you had a great meal at California Grill:thumbsup2 Everything that the two of you ordered looks soooo good.

Boatwrights looks pretty good too. We stayed at POR last year and it always looked pretty slow. If we ever stay there again we'll have to try it.

It was way too hot to eat that weekened. We spent the morning in Epcot and I was really looking foward to snacking around WS in the afternoon, but the heat was so unbearable I dont think I ate anything between our breakfast and dinner. I didn't get to cross many of my must try snacks of the list.:sad1:

CA Grill looks wonderful! Except that foam stuff on your ravioli just looks weird, but I'll trust you when you say it was good. It actually looks like something out of Top Chef, with the one chef, Marcel, always has to put foam on everything. And my own last meal at CA Grill was less wonderful then it had been in the past, so I'm glad to read a really good review of it again!

Enjoying your reviews. So far, you are doing pretty well without reservations! I really like the look of that Tangerine Dream. I wonder if they have it at places other than POFQ? Also, glad Todd fit in that bratwurst in Germany. DH and I share one on every trip--just a tradition. Of course, we wash it down with a Beck's.

Great review of Cali Grill - can't wait to eat there!

I love the look of the Shrimp Po Boy. I along with everyone else want to know if you got into 50s PTC!

I'm sorry you're lactose intolerant. I suppose in the grand scheme of things its not a huge deal, but I think I'd be devastated. Aside from the cheese, a lot of which doesn't even have lactose in it, I drink a lot of milk! I should probably shut up now before I make you feel worse. Sorry.

I am thrilled that you loved Cali Grill this time! :goodvibes I just switched a bunch of things around and made an ADR there for our July trip. I feel like I can chance one signature with Max during our trip and it might as well be my favorite. :lovestruc

Can't wait to hear more and I'm certainly looking forward to hear how EMHs at MK went. Oh...and you LOVE the Universe of Energy??!! I enjoyed it, for sure, but it seems to be one of the rides in EPCOT in need of a serious overhaul. I don't think it has changed, aside from the movie at the beginning, since the 80s! :rotfl:

Oh, and you have this New England girl seriously terrified of the heat! It sounds ferocious. But I suppose that's why we'll be touring the way we will; no afternoons in the parks for us!

thanks for the reviews......I had the breakfast platter each morning and I was getting sick of it too......I opted for two pieces of bread to go with the eggs and sausages...and toasted them there...
I kept on saying I was going to get the po boy at the resort but didnt end up doing it....for some reason the heat and drinking all the beverages made me not hungry or was it the heat.
Thanks again for your reviews

Wow, the CG looks amazing!! DH and I are making a trip in July for our anniversary and I think I'm going to have to try and squeeze that in.

You are making me very glad we booked CG for Oct! :thumbsup2. Looks and sounds so delish!!

And I have to go back and take notes on the various foo foo drinks you've mentioned... So many look good. There has to be some upside to all that heat, right? An "excuse" to try different frozen concoctions!

By the way, are you sure Todd isn't pregnant w/ that pickle fetish??? :rotfl2:

Glad that you enjoyed CG. We've eaten there twice and I really like it. My biggest complaint is that it is LOUD. I didn't mind in January when we brought the kids but the first time we went was a date night (we hired an in-room babysitter) so I was a little annoyed at the noise level. Food was great both times!
I've never been to POR or POFQ so I can't comment on the food. Your drinks are making me envious though... :rotfl2:

Amanda

This is the first time I am reading your reports. This one is awesome so far! Looks like I have alot of reading to look forward to.

Thanks!

Just found your reviews :cool1: and am caught up. I can't imagine turning over the reins of a WDW trip to my husband!!!!! I guess I'm a Disney Control Freak!!!!!!! You have me really worried now about our next trip as we've told our yongest son who is 13 now that we'd take him back next summer so he can experience WDW in the hot weather. What the heck was I thinking?????? I can't handle the heat here in Indiana let alone Florida. Oh well guess I should start turning off the air and start conditioning my body NOW. :rotfl2: Your trip reports are the Best! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

Well, I am several updates behind because I am having MAJOR computer issues. I've finally been able to get on Andy's computer, so I'm trying to each up.

We are not fans of Pecos Bills (the taco salad Shelley had was a shell, huge piles of lettuc and a teaspoon of meat);perhaps we should give it another shot.

That cupcake looks really yummy. I am such a sucker for a good cupcake.

As you know, we were one of those that hated Boatwright's. Our meal and service was sooooooooooooo bad that even with your good review I don't know that we'll be back anytime soon. But your meal does look very yummy.

That Peach Snap! frozen cocktail looks really tasty...I think I'll have to add that to my list to try. Todd and Mark are so alike...he'd be getting that brat and sauerkraut too.

I'ms o glad that your meal at California Grill was a big success; I remember how bad it was the last time you ate there.

I may have missed your response, but was Todd's name on the bag? It was supposed to be and I'm curious if it was.

Can't wait for the next update (hopefully my computer is fixed soon).

Glad everything's working so well for you without reservations !! Doesn't it bite though when men are right??? :rotfl:

I was reading your older reviews and couldn't help but notice the difference between those two Fulton's plates.

In 2009
Jan22040.jpg

In 2011
DisneyMay034.jpg

Yikes.

Enjoyed your latest reviews particularly Kona breakfast as we are hoping to try this out next visit. I was interested to see your opinion of the beignets as I remember being so excited to try these out at POR one morning and then being unable to eat them. I think thats the food item at Disney I've been most disappointed in after so many rave reviews.

It has been so great reading about POFQ. We are staying there this December and this is making me SO extra-excited (if that is possible?)!

Honestly, that shrimp po' boy looks so good, that is one I can't wait to try. And we've been going back and forth about boatwrights, because, as you noted, it doesn't have the best rep on the boards. Still, it's going to be SO close and I don't think I'd ever go out of my way to eat there so a part of me wants to try it on this trip. I think your review just may be the tipping point in deciding to go for it.

Thanks again for all the great photos and reviews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter