• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reservations for Grand Villa @ SSR

Kidoctr

Mouseketeer
Hi - we're new to DVC - haven't actually used our points yet but are planning a large family gathering at WDW in December 2006 (at least 10 family members) - probably from the 7th to the 14th ("low season", I believe). I'd like to book the Grand Villa at SSR, our home resort. I understand I can book this in January since our checkout date is in December. How crucial is it that I call quickly in January? What is "day by day" reservations (read in another thread)? Is it like trying to get ressies at CRT where I had to get up and start calling on 2 phones at like 6 am? (LOL). Is there only one Grand Villa? What are my chances of getting it? Thanks for any advice ~

Eve

Kidoctr said:
Hi - we're new to DVC - haven't actually used our points yet but are planning a large family gathering at WDW in December 2006 (at least 10 family members) - probably from the 7th to the 14th ("low season", I believe). I'd like to book the Grand Villa at SSR, our home resort. I understand I can book this in January since our checkout date is in December. How crucial is it that I call quickly in January? What is "day by day" reservations (read in another thread)? Is it like trying to get ressies at CRT where I had to get up and start calling on 2 phones at like 6 am? (LOL). Is there only one Grand Villa? What are my chances of getting it? Thanks for any advice ~

Eve

We just booked a GV at the BWV for October 2006 and called day by day. (Just call in the morning when Member Services opens). But we did that because we are going during Food & Wine and we really wanted badly to ensure we have a Grand Villa.

There are many more GVs at SSR than at other resorts. I think you will be fine...but call on the first day and ask the MS rep to keep the reservation open for you so that you can call back to finish. That person also may be able to give you some advice on whether it's necessary to call back each day or wait until you can book the rest of the reservation all at once.

snowbunny said:
We just booked a GV at the BWV for October 2006 and called day by day. (Just call in the morning when Member Services opens). But we did that because we are going during Food & Wine and we really wanted badly to ensure we have a Grand Villa.

There are many more GVs at SSR than at other resorts. I think you will be fine...but call on the first day and ask the MS rep to keep the reservation open for you so that you can call back to finish. That person also may be able to give you some advice on whether it's necessary to call back each day or wait until you can book the rest of the reservation all at once.

Thanks for the info!! Would the "first" day be 7 Jan 2006 for a 7 December 2006 arrival?

Eve

Kidoctr said:
Thanks for the info!! Would the "first" day be 7 Jan 2006 for a 7 December 2006 arrival?

Eve

No, it would be January 8, 2006 for a December 7, 2006 arrival. It is technically 11 months from "check-out" date. Thus, a 12/7/06 check in would have a 12/8/06 check-out.

Thanks for the info - that helps a lot. Guess I'll be on the phone on the 8th then....and the 9th....and the 10th....and the 11th..... LOL. You'd think they'd make it a little easier for the DVC'ers.

When you call in the first day, make sure you tell Member Services the total length of the reservation. They will leave the reservation open until the end. That way you only get one confirmation number and one confirmation sent to you.

We booked a GV for SSR for December 2005 back in January 2005 and we did a day to day booking. Just let CM know what you are doing on the first day. There are plenty of info on these boards on how to day to day book correctly as well. Just do a search in this DVC planning board. It was very easy to do really.
I would recommend booking it as fast as you can. We thought of getting a GV at OKW at the seven month window - yeah right I was crazy to think that I could get into one - so glad I booked SSR at 11 month instead. We leave on the 17th so I will let you know how the GV does for our large family.
Counting down the days......

We just stayed in a GV in the beginning of Oct. They are huge and beautiful too. we had 10 people and there was more than enough room. The fact that you have 4 full sized bathrooms is a godsend. Have fun planning and have a great trip. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter