Reservation Hoarders - You Know Who You Are :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there someone here a few weeks ago that already had made 5 or 6 BoG reservations at one time for different times of their trip, and was complaining that the system wasn't letting them make more? Maybe I dreamed it, but I don't think so.

Ok, is it me or has MDE been squirrely lately? I had the PERFECT ADRs for our SOLO trip in September when the bomb got dropped on me. I had previously booked Beaches and Cream for 9/16 at 940 for 2 people. Then, thinking about it, I booked Monsieur Paul at 8:15, same night, figuring I'd cancel the B&C. Before I could, though, my DDIL dropped the bomb that they may come for a few days at the beginning of our trip. Now originally, they said they wanted to come at the beginning, but then changed their minds because of school, which delighted me immensely. I had already booked PPO Akershus for 6 when they originally said they were going, and hadn't gotten around to changing the number of diners yet (good thing). So; I just now went in and got a Beaches and Cream for 4 people for 9:50 I now, on the same day, have 8:15 Monsieur Paul for 2, 9:40 Beaches & Cream for 2 and 9:50 B&C for 4. If they go, I will cancel either the B&C for 2 or the MP for 2. I'm not hoarding, in that other than Skippers (2) and B&C (2) I don't have multiples. I don't even have O'Hana, BOG, CRT, Fantasmic in my dining plans. However, can you imagine how many ressies for the same day some people have?

This is just a little rant. We have been trying to get reservations now since February for BOG in June at lunch on either 6/5 or 6/8 with no luck yet. Yet I see people on the June cancel reservations thread cancelling reservations for each and every day they are at WDW for BOG (just not our date, yet). I don't understand why people can't commit to what park they are going on what day and free up the reservations for us poor schmucks.
For those who have cruised, it is like the cruisers who put a flip flop on a chair by the pool at 6AM and don't show up to that chair until 11AM. It is called chair hogging. I think we need a name for those overbooking reservations they "might" need....thus the title of my thread.
Okay, rant over, and still getting very excited - 2 weeks and 1 day until we come "home"!
Dare I say that the more you "dis" these "hoarders", perhaps the less likely that they will post when they are cancelling... :rolleyes1

Zombie thread, but totally relevant.

Someone just posted on a Cancelled Reservation thread that they nabbed 5 different reservations for 5 different restaurants for 3 different days. They don't need them. They don't want them.

They grabbed them "in case someone needs them."

Um, if someone needed them, they wouldn't be able to find them, unless they take the time to message this person and set up a time to "exchange" them. If the poster has simply left them available, someone could have grabbed what they needed.

Someone just posted on a Cancelled Reservation thread that they nabbed 5 different reservations for 5 different restaurants for 3 different days. They don't need them. They don't want them.

Um, if someone needed them, they wouldn't be able to find them, unless they take the time to message this person and set up a time to "exchange" them. If the poster has simply left them available, someone could have grabbed what they needed.
Sure, but now someone MORE WORTHY of the ADR (i.e. a DISer) can grab them!!

:rolleyes1

Wow, thanks for that.

Wow, thanks for that.
I didn't say it was you. You announced it.

But since you are here, why would you book reservations that you don't need or want? Why take them from someone that might be looking for them?

If I find reservations I don't want, I simply move on. That way someone that is looking for them, can find them.

I didn't say it was you. You announced it.

But since you are here, why would you book reservations that you don't need or want? Why take them from someone that might be looking for them?

If I find reservations I don't want, I simply move on. That way someone that is looking for them, can find them.

You could have messaged me iand asked instead of resurrecting a old thread to complain about me.

3 of them I thought would work for us, but then when I compared my fast passes etc. They didn't if you must know.

2 of them I knew people had been looking for them and I thought since I saw them I would pick them up to see if anyone needed them here.If not, I of course would cancel them within a very small window(1 day) so others could get them.

I will edit my post on the other thread and stick to my facebook group. Thanks

Last edited:
In a first come, first serve system, playing within the rules is fair.

The ethics can and are debated but that is what it is. (Look up any walking a reservation thread from the DVC boards here.) There might be some things that you can do but shouldn't, but we're talking about dining reservations not cloning.

Bottom line is that the no show penalty was instituted to prevent multiple reservations from going unused so somebody is going to benefit somewhere from all of those reservations.

Since I find that if I search long enough I can always find what I want, including BOG, and that's the direct result of someone dropping a reservation along the way, I'm good with reservation hoarding. It works for me.

I got no ethical beefs about it.

I complain in general about people that hoard reservations. Make what you need. Heck make a couple of extra, in case your plans change. Make 3 or 4 for the same meal? That doesn't make sense.

Just make your own. You don't need to gather whatever you see, then release them as others tell you that they need them.

And although that isn't what you say you were doing, the post indicated that you saw these and grabbed them in case someone wanted them. Sorry, that just seems pretty out there to me.

Can I stop people from doing it? Of course not. But in a couple of years when Disney charges people that cancel a reservation without a month's notice (or whatever) or they extend the time between reservations that you can make, don't complain to me. People doing stuff like this, is what will cause it. That is what happened with the $10 no show fee. People made a bunch of reservations and only went to the ones they decided that they actually wanted.

I complain in general about people that hoard reservations. Make what you need. Heck make a couple of extra, in case your plans change. Make 3 or 4 for the same meal? That doesn't make sense.

Just make your own. You don't need to gather whatever you see, then release them as others tell you that they need them.

And although that isn't what you say you were doing, the post indicated that you saw these and grabbed them in case someone wanted them. Sorry, that just seems pretty out there to me.

Can I stop people from doing it? Of course not. But in a couple of years when Disney charges people that cancel a reservation without a month's notice (or whatever) or they extend the time between reservations that you can make, don't complain to me. People doing stuff like this, is what will cause it. That is what happened with the $10 no show fee. People made a bunch of reservations and only went to the ones they decided that they actually wanted.
I apologize for not going in to detail about why I was cancelling each specific reservation.

You weren't complaining in general, you specifically targeted my post, yes without putting my username, but it was pretty easy to figure out who you were talking about.

All have been cancelled so no need to worry about it any longer.

Thank you for reminding me why my post count is only 1400 when I have been on these boards for 14 years. :thanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter