• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

reservation for 4 adults and baby

thinkerbell

DIS Veteran
We wanted a reservation for Chef Mickey's for 4 adults and a 2 year old. We couldn't get anything for 5 people so we started looking for 4. We finally got a reservation for 4. Will it be a problem to add a high chair when we get there? Do we have to get a table for 5 if one of us is a baby or is making it for 4 okay? We did this online. I have not talked to the on the phone. I figure folks here with experience would be more helpful.

Yes, you need to have a reservation that includes everyone in your party.

Tables are too close together to squeeze in a high chair, or even to sit with a baby on your lap.

They might take pity on you and just make you wait longer until a larger table opens up, but that's not a risk I'd want to take. What will you do if they can't seat everyone? Will you send one person away to find their own meal? Or, will you all walk away and pay the no-show fee?

In the end, you might be fine with booking for four, but just be aware of the risks and prepared to deal with any consequences.

You do have to make the reservation for all 5 even if you have an infant.. Not only to fit a high chair but for capacity and fire codes for each restaurant. You may be able to wing it but like the previous poster mentioned, you might have to wait longer for that table.

The tables for 4 really only fit 4 and the neighboring tables are usually pretty close, no room for a high chair

Try changing to 5 or 6, the adr system is not always a fan of odd numbers

I would not classify a two year old as a baby. They are certainly old enough to need their own space. DS will be 16 months when we go and we are including him in our total count.

I assume if you go out to eat you include the child in the number for your party. Why would Disney be any different?

Definitely include the toddler in your count. We have travelled with a 6month old and 18month old and both trips included him as a person in our reservation. Tables are too close together to try and squish a high chair in too.

The problem is that you are not the only family trying to squeeze an extra person onto your ADR. Years ago my sin showed up unexpectedly, and we were thrilled! However...dining!!! We were very very lucky because he joined us for two meals and both times the restaurant fit him in, but the restaurants were no the headliners. I cannot tell you how stressful that conversation is though, because you know you may hear that there is no room. I had no idea he was going to visit us that trip, but I can tell you that after that experience I would never knowingly place my family in that position.

We wanted a reservation for Chef Mickey's for 4 adults and a 2 year old. We couldn't get anything for 5 people so we started looking for 4. We finally got a reservation for 4. Will it be a problem to add a high chair when we get there? Do we have to get a table for 5 if one of us is a baby or is making it for 4 okay? We did this online. I have not talked to the on the phone. I figure folks here with experience would be more helpful.

That is a very bad thing to do. In fact, one frequent poster works at the park and states that Disney is "On to people under-booking". They will seat everyone IF THEY CAN, but you won't know if it is possible until you show up at the restaurant.

You need a reservation for 5. Showing up with an extra is taking a chance. At that point you would either have to figure out who is not eating or walk away from the meal and still pay the $10 a person no show fee.

Ok. Thanks all. I was hoping that just putting him at the end of the table in a high chair would be okay. We went last year butI didn't remember the tables being so close. We were at a table for 6 at that time. I guess that is why I don't remember. I have looked for a table of 5 or 6 all morning to no avail. I got tired of trying and trying and just called and they added him right away with no problem. Wonder if they have more availability on the phone than online?
Thanks for all advise. I would rather know now when we can fix it rather than when we get there and can't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter