Requesting Rooms through TouringPlans

lshell37

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! I rented DVC for the first time and I am curious about room requests through TouringPlans.com. If I fill one out for them to fax 5 days prior to my arrival should I not do the early check-in? Does it matter? A rep at the DVC rental site that I used said that if I don't pre-register then I may not get the room I requested. Thanks for your help!

A rep at the DVC rental site that I used said that if I don't pre-register then I may not get the room I requested.

This is true. Any room requests should be submitted via your DVC owner, using Member Services.

But should I do early check-in? I guess my fear is that I'll interfere with the specific room request if I check in early...

But should I do early check-in? I guess my fear is that I'll interfere with the specific room request if I check in early...
Leave the requests blank. Check-in early anyway. You want to potentially be able to have a room number texted to you, as that minimizes odds of it being reassigned by the desk.

Hey everyone! I rented DVC for the first time and I am curious about room requests through TouringPlans.com. If I fill one out for them to fax 5 days prior to my arrival should I not do the early check-in? Does it matter? A rep at the DVC rental site that I used said that if I don't pre-register then I may not get the room I requested. Thanks for your help!

we used the TP fax w/ rented points at BW and got our requests. there was also an anniversary balloon in our room - and the only way that celebration was noted was on the TP fax. it's worth a try. =)

when we use the fax service, we don't put other requests on our online check in.

The surest way to get your request on the reservation is to have the member you rented from call and add it to the reservation. Other methods may work, but I wouldn't chance it.

When I make reservations with my DVC points, I add the request through Member Services. I don't fill in the online check in request options, and I've never faxed.

The surest way to get your request on the reservation is to have the member you rented from call and add it to the reservation. Other methods may work, but I wouldn't chance it.

When I make reservations with my DVC points, I add the request through Member Services. I don't fill in the online check in request options, and I've never faxed.

This is the way we do it as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter