Renting points..why can't I add DDP to ressie?

emmasmom

Mouseketeer
So I've called member services twice with my ressie number and have been told that only the member themselves can add the DDP to my ressie. I've read differently. Anyone with a different experience?

emmasmom said:
So I've called member services twice with my ressie number and have been told that only the member themselves can add the DDP to my ressie. I've read differently. Anyone with a different experience?

This is a change by DVC from recent policy. Only members are allowed to call Members Services. As a member, this is a most welcome change.

Call the person you are renting from and have them add the plan for you.

This change came about this week I believe, only members can contact member services now so renters must have the owner they are renting from make changes on the reservation.

Tissa said:
This change came about this week I believe, only members can contact member services now so renters must have the owner they are renting from make changes on the reservation.
It just happened Monday.

You won't have any problem adding it, and you won't have to buy park tickets you don't need, but you will have to ask your owner to make the call. Also, don't be surprised if the owner is not aware of this recent change.

[ETA: I think the reason the owner has to call is that our availability of DDP is only on point ressies. In order to verify this is a points ressie, they have to go into the owners account...which they'll only do after getting a bunch of security validation from us.]

Enjoy your trip!

Just have the member you are renting from make the call for you! :)

I was told last year that as a room only, I couldn't add the DDP AT ALL. Is this new to DVC in the last year?

yep dvc'ers and their renters can get Dining without tickets. I dont understand this not knowing anything about dvc but someone posted another time something about not being able to get it if you are getting a dvc discounted room verses using points.

ainmama2001 said:
I was told last year that as a room only, I couldn't add the DDP AT ALL. Is this new to DVC in the last year?
Yes, it's new. I think it started on 1/1 or thereabouts for ressies after 4/1/06 (and no, it wasn't a wicked April Fools joke).

DVC members or their guests (which includes renters) can take advantage of this paid DDP on points reservations only. The plan is available year-round, and has been very popular with DVC owners. This version of the DDP is available only when staying at one of the five DVC resorts at WDW. We can't use it when staying at another Disney resort, even if we are staying on points.

The rules, price, and benefits of the plan are the same as the regular plan except that a park ticket purchase is not required.

There is no free DDP for DVC points stays.

Will the owner of my DVC points that I"m renting from get charged and then I have to pay the owner, or do I pay for the Dining Plan when I check in.

OhMari said:
Will the owner of my DVC points that I"m renting from get charged and then I have to pay the owner, or do I pay for the Dining Plan when I check in.
No. The owner will sign you up, but you will pay by credit card at checkin.

beth_cam said:
yep dvc'ers and their renters can get Dining without tickets. I dont understand this not knowing anything about dvc but someone posted another time something about not being able to get it if you are getting a dvc discounted room verses using points.

Part of my upcoming stay is CASH using the the DVC discount, I was able to get the DDP for those 2 nights. It is linked with the 5 nights using points, but it is a seperate reservation number.

Jim--Someone, I don't remember if it was you, said guests renting points could add dining by bypassing member services and calling dining. Is that doable or is it easier to just ask the DVC owner to add dining?

Lewisc said:
Jim--Someone, I don't remember if it was you, said guests renting points could add dining by bypassing member services and calling dining. Is that doable or is it easier to just ask the DVC owner to add dining?
I may have said that, but if I did, I was mistaken. The owner MUST make the call.

You can make ADRs, DME arrangements, etc, but the DDP MUST be added by the owner because it's only available for points stays.

JimMIA said:
I may have said that, but if I did, I was mistaken. The owner MUST make the call.

You can make ADRs, DME arrangements, etc, but the DDP MUST be added by the owner because it's only available for points stays.

I thought the reservation number was enough to indicate the reservation was made through DVC (points). I know we can call DME directly, I didn't know if we could bypass Member Services and book dining directly with Disney.

Thanks for the information, makes planning a lot easier when you know the rules.

When I paid for my points, I told the seller I wanted the DDP added she did it for me when she made the reservation..

Anewman said:
Part of my upcoming stay is CASH using the the DVC discount, I was able to get the DDP for those 2 nights. It is linked with the 5 nights using points, but it is a seperate reservation number.
That's interesting. I didn't think we could do that. Maybe because the ressies were linked and you were buying DDP for the whole LOS :confused3

Or maybe because somebody just made a misteak. Pobody's Nerfect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter